Does any part of you miss the losing?

Einstein

I still get a little nervous tension before Bills games, but this season that's quickly replaced by a sense of quiet anticipation.  This is soooo much better but part of me still misses the continuing nerves from watching the team struggle, like they did for so long.  

Fortunately the Sabres will start play soon so I can get my fill of nerves, not knowing how games will turn out.

No I dont miss losing.  I will say though that while having a dynasty like the Pats had would be awesome, I think it kinda would just get boring.  As much fun as it is blowing people out like we do, I find that at a certain point in game I just don't care anymore.  I start only half ass paying attention like the 4th quarter yesterday.  I dont like losing but I do like intense battles where it can go either way and you know you have the guys that can pull that off.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

was that the game viking's rb foreman was hit in the eye by a snowball?  Fans were really unhappy back then.  but probably not, those awful games all run together in my memory.

I was at the Vikings game when Foreman got hit by a snowball, and it came from the area where I was sitting.  I wasn't supposed to be sitting since I was working as a beer vendor in the stands, but come on, who was drinking lousy watery beer in the snow?  So I was sitting there.  And I did NOT throw the snowball.

I don't remember whether that was Stevenson's last game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I was at the Vikings game when Foreman got hit by a snowball, and it came from the area where I was sitting.  I wasn't supposed to be sitting since I was working as a beer vendor in the stands, but come on, who was drinking lousy watery beer in the snow?  So I was sitting there.  And I did NOT throw the snowball.

I don't remember whether that was Stevenson's last game.

It was a hell of a throw though right  thru his face mask wasn’t me either but I was close. Might have bought a couple beers from you 

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Einstein said:

Before you immediately jump to answer "NO", realize that this question does not mean that you don't like winning.

I enjoy the Bills recent success and I root for a championship trophy. I have a man crush on Josh Allen that my colleagues find odd. That being said, part of me misses the drama of Flutie v Johnson, Bledsoe v Losman, the Fitzpatrick upward trajectory followed by the downward trajectory, top 10 pick draft talk, checking the playoff tiebreakers to find a 1 in 1,000 chance of making the tournament, etc. I wonder if the large swings in outcomes of the past created a dopamine response in my brain.

Does anyone else feel this way? Or perhaps I am in a party of one?

I don’t even miss drafting higher because now we draft better than before drafting much later and Beane like to keep picks and use them. So the draft is even more exciting! We nailed the sixth round this year!

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

No I dont miss losing.  I will say though that while having a dynasty like the Pats had would be awesome, I think it kinda would just get boring.  As much fun as it is blowing people out like we do, I find that at a certain point in game I just don't care anymore.  I start only half ass paying attention like the 4th quarter yesterday.  I dont like losing but I do like intense battles where it can go either way and you know you have the guys that can pull that off.

Last year against the chiefs was never boring. More to come on the winning side

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Einstein said:

Before you immediately jump to answer "NO", realize that this question does not mean that you don't like winning.

I enjoy the Bills recent success and I root for a championship trophy. I have a man crush on Josh Allen that my colleagues find odd. That being said, part of me misses the drama of Flutie v Johnson, Bledsoe v Losman, the Fitzpatrick upward trajectory followed by the downward trajectory, top 10 pick draft talk, checking the playoff tiebreakers to find a 1 in 1,000 chance of making the tournament, etc. I wonder if the large swings in outcomes of the past created a dopamine response in my brain.

My ex is on 🟥-tube. Sometimes I go watch if I'm having too good of a day. Is this like that?

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Einstein said:

Tom Delonge Reaction GIF

What the eff. You should have to turn in your username. Einstein would never admit such a thing.

And no, nobody misses being the complete and total definition of mid. I might have a fondness for some of the players from those times but that’s it. They had some fun games but I’ll take playoffs and legitimate chances to win a championship over a mid team like the 2011 Bills who’s “Super Bowl” happened week three of that season. 

No, I don't miss the losing. Not at all. 

I do think there is something kind of exciting about being where say the Lions are at the moment when your team finally looks like it is heading the right way after all the losing so I can understand someone missing that bit.

But this Bills team is damn fun to watch. Give me a Lombardi or two before I might get bored of winning though 😁

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Einstein said:

The heck are you talking about? No I don't miss being crap and rooting for below average players. 

This is strange, hear me out. So my dad has been a Bills fan a long time so the reason I became a fan was so we had something in common to talk about. 

Well the past few seasons things are going well and he hasn't really been messaging me about the team or the games and I started to wonder a few days ago if that maybe the team is so good he just isn't into as much. 

I really just hope he is busy or doesn't like me anymore because he went through all the bad years and I would hate to think he lost interest around the same time the Bills became world beaters. 

I see this thread and I was just thinking about if people could lose interest because the team is so good and man it is like kind of creepy. 

Edited by Lfod

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.