Does any part of you miss the losing?

Einstein

What stat did i see today,  20 consecutive double digit wins or something?!?  That’s sick. It really is.  I don’t miss the losing!!

I don’t even think New England in their heyday came close to that and they won multiple Super Bowls.  

This team is on an unreal run and i’m not a praying guy but i think i have to pray they win the SB this year.  This might be the best chance we ever have. 

I miss nothing. I stopped trying to find the silver lining during the drought when I saw Kyle Williams sitting in front of his locker after yet another loss, unable to look at the camera when he muttered that he's tired of losing all the time. He, at least in that moment, was mentally broken and I began to wonder if this was just the start of our misery.

He was later an understandably bawling mess when they made playoffs. I'm glad it's over.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I miss every sunday at one pm bills are on. I miss people saying to me "but why be a bills fan?" as it would let me know that we wouldn't be close. I miss seeing other teams fans at at the stadium so I'd have someone to yell my frustrations at. I miss the weekly three hours hate that I and all my neighbors would indulge in when the bills were playing the cheatriots. it brought us together.  I miss Kyle Williams talking about how the bills were blue collar, good or bad you showed up to work and gave it your all. 

I love the winning team. I love Josh Allen. I love seeing Diggs say things like 'its a mindset!" I love the power ranking articles. I love the sadness of patriots  fans and look forward to much, much more in the years to come. I love being the class of the NFL not because we are in the biggest market but because our team and fans know what a brief moment this opportunity is to have so much talent. 

I don't miss the drought as it was tough, particularly to everyone around me as I got sad/angry every Sunday around 4 pm. I am glad we can take positives from it like understanding how precious this time is or how we've grown closer through a shared pain. The drought happened and it changed us all for the better and for the worse. "Go Bills" as a form of greeting/farewell started during the drought. I'm sure people said it before but not like now where we all know it and use it. We grew together during the bad times now let's enjoy the good ones together. go bills!

Edited by poo

2 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

I actually almost started a similar topic but it was: did enduring the drought / losing, actually make us love the bills more now that they are successful again?

But ya. Don't miss it at all.

Now that's an entirely different question and for that one I would answer...Yes 100%

I don't think the winning now would feel so sweet if it wasn't for all the suffering we endured for so long

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Now that's an entirely different question and for that one I would answer...Yes 100%

I don't think the winning now would feel so sweet if it wasn't for all the suffering we endured for so long

Its always darkest before dawn.  This was a pretty long darkness we all went through.

• Agree 3

Just now, FormerlyPT5P said:

You merely adopted the drought. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the playoffs until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but longer seasons

My grade school years were the mid-80’s when the Bills went 2-14 two years in a row. Kay Stevenson and Hank Bullough were our coaches and a washed up Vince Ferragamo was our QB. My happiest moment as a fan was not making the SB, it was winning the division against the Jets in 1988. My second happiest was breaking the drought in 2017.

• Like (+1) 1

in a strange way, I was more emotionally invested when we were a .500 team. Watching the Bills dismantle the Titans last night was a beautiful experience but winning in dominating fashion is taking some getting used to.

I vividly remember the decade of fail Bills choking away many close ones in the final minutes like the Monday Nighter vs Dallas years ago. In any close game from the Mike Mularkey to Rex Ryan era, when you got to the 4th quarter there was this sinking feeling of dread where you just knew we would choke it away. It is those kinds of feelings that are most deeply rooted for me as a Bills fan. 

Now we are being rewarded for our faithfulness and are the best team in the league. That's a lot of emotional upheaval from era to era but enjoying the good times is an essential part of that as well.

50 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I know - maybe if you lookin a mirror you will find out.  

It is pretty easy.

See, your post above, is the perfect example of an actual “troll”. The only point of your post was to insult me, and likely to create an emotional response from me. 

Troll: In Internet slang, a troll is a person who posts inflammatory, insincere, digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses, or manipulating others' perception. 

My posts simply give me opinion on football - an opinion you don’t agree with. That’s okay, but it’s not trolling. It’s a difference of opinion on football.

6 minutes ago, stuvian said:

in a strange way, I was more emotionally invested when we were a .500 team. Watching the Bills dismantle the Titans last night was a beautiful experience but winning in dominating fashion is taking some getting used to.

Im glad there are many fans who “get” what I was saying in this thread. Thank you for sharing.

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.