Does any part of you miss the losing?

Einstein

Its funny.  It has completly changed football for me.  I used to care if the Ravens and Steelers won or lost - because MAYBE...just MAYBE..it would be enough for the bills to squeak into the playoffs - then anything can happen. 

Now i dont give an F.  Bills are going to make the playoffs barring a complete implosion.   Its fun to watch.  But it does take away some of the thrill of the hunt!  But I'll take it and enjoy these years because I probably wont see anything else like it in my lifetime.  We could be watching the makings of one of the best QBs of all time. 

I’m gonna go make a cup of coffee, by the time that its ready a good thread should pop up that’s worth the time it takes to read it…, 🤞 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheBrownBear said:

the way we've been absolutely destroying teams over the past 8 games or so, is almost sort of getting...gulp...a little boring?

I gotta disagree.

I was having an absolute ball in the 3rd qrtr last night when we were running the Titans out of the building.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Before you immediately jump to answer "NO", realize that this question does not mean that you don't like winning.

I enjoy the Bills recent success and I root for a championship trophy. I have a man crush on Josh Allen that my colleagues find odd. That being said, part of me misses the drama of Flutie v Johnson, Bledsoe v Losman, the Fitzpatrick upward trajectory followed by the downward trajectory, top 10 pick draft talk, checking the playoff tiebreakers to find a 1 in 1,000 chance of making the tournament, etc. I wonder if the large swings in outcomes of the past created a dopamine response in my brain.

Does anyone else feel this way? Or perhaps I am in a party of one?

No,  that means you liked losing if you miss those players and pathetic Sundays when you lose your voice screaming at the TV.  It was pathetic getting excited if our QB threw for over 200yards and other teams/fans just laughing at us. This is real and nothing beats winning and beating teams .  You sounds like Pats how fans talk now.  I listen and read Pats fans talking about how they believe Mac Jones can improve arm strength like Josh Allen through offseason work. LMAO

That was us before, I like winning and just want Beanne to continue to add more talented players.  

Before you immediately jump to answer "NO", realize that this question does not mean that you don't like winning.

I enjoy the Bills recent success and I root for a championship trophy. I have a man crush on Josh Allen that my colleagues find odd. That being said, part of me misses the drama of Flutie v Johnson, Bledsoe v Losman, the Fitzpatrick upward trajectory followed by the downward trajectory, top 10 pick draft talk, checking the playoff tiebreakers to find a 1 in 1,000 chance of making the tournament, etc. I wonder if the large swings in outcomes of the past created a dopamine response in my brain.

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

I gotta disagree.

I was having an absolute ball in the 3rd qrtr last night when we were running the Titans out of the building.

I was pissing off my neighbors yelling at the pick 6 in the 4th qtr.

Anything can happen so we have to enjoy it while we can as much as we can. 

• Agree 1

you may actually suffer from a toxic relationship syndrome. The Bills beat you down so much emotionally you miss the emotional beat down. 

be happy. This is a healthy relationship now. 

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The losing was a debt paid and investment of pain into what is the improbable meteoric rise we see finally now.   

I get the point I think you might be eluding to..  Its easy to pay a little less attention now, there’s not a lot of drama, easy to accept the front office and team are doing all the right things… the results are there- the locker room is harmonious. 

it’s such a well run org top to bottom… 

that’s a relief and a lot less work to keep up with 😉 

I think this is what the OP means.  He misses the work of being a fan.  Anyone can be a fan of a winning team, it took some special dedication and interest back then.  Not that we all are not crazy dedicated and interested still (ex. long threads about punters ability to hold), so I see the OPs point.  

But I do not miss it.  Would rather debate the 5th WR or punter after a 20 pt win!  

Watching the games and cheering for the team? HELL NO

... but this board is more entertaining IMO when there are legit stuff to bash. Reading the same posters saying how much they love this team & players may make them feel really good, but I tend to skip those posts.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.