Does any part of you miss the losing?

Einstein

The losing was a debt paid and investment of pain into what is the improbable meteoric rise we see finally now.   

I get the point I think you might be eluding to..  Its easy to pay a little less attention now, there’s not a lot of drama, easy to accept the front office and team are doing all the right things… the results are there- the locker room is harmonious. 

it’s such a well run org top to bottom… 

that’s a relief and a lot less work to keep up with 😉 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

It’s strange, but in some ways I enjoyed the games more when I didn’t expect to win. I wanted the Bills to win, but I didn’t expect it. So, I enjoyed the wins more and the losses were a lot less gutting. 

The solution to this problem is to win by three scores.

But I know what you mean. When Orton won that game in Detroit, I was over the moon. Crazy how disappointed I would be to see a game like that on Thanksgiving.

I missed the Bills not being a SB contender from 2000-2020...........never missed the Bills losing and never will.........the pathetic 84'-85' seasons would have been enough losing for my lifetime.  

As  Yankees fan my team recently clinched their 30th straight winning season........you don't even consider the possibility of a losing season anymore as a Yankees fan.  So I suspect if the Bills string together a lot of winning seasons it will become the norm instead of something you fear will end soon and any pangs some of you have for losing football will be dispelled.    

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

I responded with a "vomit" emoji to the OP, but I can see where he's coming from.  Outside of the Chiefs playoff game, the way we've been absolutely destroying teams over the past 8 games or so, is almost sort of getting...gulp...a little boring?  There is something to watching a game against a quality opponent and finding yourself in a close game in the 4th quarter and thinking, "wow, the Bills are playing really well tonight...they could win this game." 

But I'm guessing we are going to start seeing some more competitive games starting this Sunday and continuing up through the bye.  We've got some good opponents on the way and teams will start to figure out ways to slow down this offense.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Yockopondowsk said:

I discussed similar topic with my brothers last night. Did I feel sorry for the Titans?  ‘After what we’ve been through?’  I once almost felt sorry for 5 NY Titans after Cookie ran them over back in the day, but nah sit back and enjoy this. It ain’t forever. 

Josh Allen has at least 12 more years left.

We have got time.

35 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Before you immediately jump to answer "NO", realize that this question does not mean that you don't like winning.

I enjoy the Bills recent success and I root for a championship trophy. I have a man crush on Josh Allen that my colleagues find odd. That being said, part of me misses the drama of Flutie v Johnson, Bledsoe v Losman, the Fitzpatrick upward trajectory followed by the downward trajectory, top 10 pick draft talk, checking the playoff tiebreakers to find a 1 in 1,000 chance of making the tournament, etc. I wonder if the large swings in outcomes of the past created a dopamine response in my brain.

Does anyone else feel this way? Or perhaps I am in a party of one?

TBD was more fun when the Bills were ass.

There's no doubt about that.

Now we almost all agree that the offense is good, Allen is great, our coaching staff is good, the defense is good.

Now we debate things like "Is Tremaine Edmunds stellar or just pretty good" or "Taiwan Jones is the best gunner in the NFL" or "Josh Allen only threw 4 TD's in 3 quarters but he did rush one time and I'm concerned."

Gone are the days of pumping up schlubs like Dez Lewis and Brandon Reilly praying that one of them proves to belong in the NFL. Or waiting for starters drafted in the top 10 to become stars 8 years in the league.

"Alas that these evil days should be mine."

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Before you immediately jump to answer "NO", realize that this question does not mean that you don't like winning.

I enjoy the Bills recent success and I root for a championship trophy. I have a man crush on Josh Allen that my colleagues find odd. That being said, part of me misses the drama of Flutie v Johnson, Bledsoe v Losman, the Fitzpatrick upward trajectory followed by the downward trajectory, top 10 pick draft talk, checking the playoff tiebreakers to find a 1 in 1,000 chance of making the tournament, etc. I wonder if the large swings in outcomes of the past created a dopamine response in my brain.

What????

Not at all.

What????

49 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I'll try to answer the spirit of the question, because obviously I don't miss the losing.

What I DO miss are the lower expectations.  Winning is almost always better than losing, but where your expectations are..that matters to me.  The Bills winning 13 games in a season where I was expecting 9-10 wins is a MUCH more fun season for me than them winning 13 when I was expecting 13.  The higher expectations can, if you let it, make the season a bit more stressful.  A mid-season loss (or 2 game losing streak) when you are expecting a 10 win season isn't good, but it becomes a whole lot worse if you have that same thing when you are expecting 13+ wins on the year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.