Bobby Hart Suspended 1 Game

Process

5 hours ago, DCbillsfan said:

I was there last night and fully expected a flag on Hyde.  Regarding Hart - Hart was on the field I believe for the extra point on the last touchdown.  After the play he was jawing at one of the D line guys.  If I remember right it was 98 which I believe is Simmons.  Probably some bad blood between the guys from last year.

Nah…

Hyde slowed down and didn’t run through the guy. 

His momentum carried him. He didn’t want to stop abruptly and tear something. 

11 hours ago, MJS said:

I honestly think Hyde didn't mean to make contact. He came across the field and i think he was watching the ball, passed another teammate and collided with their receiver. I'd have to watch it more closely, but at the time I thought it was unintentional, and the ref right there might have thought the same thing, which is why he didn't throw the flag. It wasn't a hard hit, just caught the receiver off guard.

That's what it looked like to me when they showed the angle from the end zone looking back at the play.  I don't know if it really WAS unintentional or faked unintentional...but yeah looked like a shoulder bump looking back.  The first angle made it look worse.

I seem to remember a play during the game where maybe we were trying to hard-count them and get them to jump, and the Titans DT (likely Simmons) seemed to purposely jump into the OL a little harder than normal and it caused a bit of a scuffle.

I'm thinking some bad blood probably already existed from these two practicing against each other last year. Simmons took a shot at Hart during that hard count or kneel down (can't remember which it was), and it carried over to after the game.

Either way, I'm for it. Bully the bullies.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Simon said:

The reason he didn't get called is because he turned his back and put his hands up.

Smart vets know what they can get away with by doing that.

Right. This is just as Hyde hits the receiver:

2123418886_Poyerhit.thumb.jpg.e2fdd0cecd6c0cf3701322386b6fa6d7.jpg

He was smart about it, but, IMO, he intentionally hit the receiver with his shoulder. This kind of thing had been going on the entire game. The Titans play a physical style of football and they don't mind crossing the line into dirty play - mostly off the ball. The very play before this one, Hyde got got laid out from behind by a Tenn WR. Completely illegal block and, as Hyde was getting up off the turf, the WR hit him again in the back. Tenn had been engaging in that type of play all game.

This wasn't a hard hit by Hyde, but it was a hit - and, again, just my opinion, he was sending a message. This team isn't going to get pushed around by physical teams.

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Either way, I'm for it. Bully the bullies.

Amen

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

False bravado. Hate that crap.

Same thing with Hyde hitting that WR when the ball was nowhere close. Completely unnecessary and should have been a flag. And I dont want to hear from you homers that it was fine. If that was Diggs getting hit unnecessarily you would be screaming for a flag.

Thought something similar but Hyde pulled up....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.