Jordan Phillips Injury?

wppete

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I both had a very bad calf cramp while playing football and pulled/partially tore a hamstring while playing football...you are falling to the ground pretty much the same with both

I get the hammy cramps all the time, they suck. 

6 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Looks like an  I'm out of Wind injury to me...

When it happened, this was my first thought.  He got turfed.  So I never considered something else until this AM when everyone was saying hammy..  Watching it again, me thinks hammy.  Would love to be wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Hoping just a cramp

I hope so too but cramps usually make you hobble.  He went down as if his leg completely locked up….that makes me nervous.

And shame on you people for what you did to Manti.

4 minutes ago, Stenbar said:

I get the hammy cramps all the time, they suck. 

Eat or take more potassium.  

• Agree 1

Always thought he would have a huge impact and happy I've been right.  He was awesome here last time around and I thought it was a big mistake to let him go.  Imagine the problems that could have been avoided here last season if we had a big tough guy in the middle who actually wanted to play!  (cough cough STAR)  It's not outlandish to say we could have avoided one or two of those crap losses last year and had homefield.

I'm not expecting to see him this weekend, but I'll just hope for a miracle because I picture him just slobberknocking tua on Sunday.

31 minutes ago, Stenbar said:

Never tried it, I will, thanks

Try a product called "Cramp Defense", available on the internet. It has magnesium in it but it also has some other products that "buffer" the magnesium and doesn't mess with your lower tract. I used to wake up with leg and foot cramps all the time but have been taking this product for about two years and haven't once had a cramp and my stomach isn't affected. 

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Try a product called "Cramp Defense", available on the internet. It has magnesium in it but it also has some other products that "buffer" the magnesium and doesn't mess with your lower tract. I used to wake up with leg and foot cramps all the time but have been taking this product for about two years and haven't once had a cramp and my stomach isn't affected. 

Magnesium oil is transdermal and doesn't go through your GI tract, much better at raising intracellular magnesium levels than taking it orally, similar to spending time in the ocean, which is why so many people seem to have major health benefits when they take vacations to beaches...the oceans have high levels of magnesium salts dissolved in that gets absorbed by the body, which is something most people are highly deficient in.

Edited by Big Turk

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Magnesium oil is transdermal and doesn't go through your GI tract, much better at raising intracellular magnesium levels than taking it orally, similar to spending time in the ocean, which is why so many people seem to have major health benefits when they take vacations to beaches...the oceans have high levels of magnesium salts dissolved in that gets absorbed by the body, which is something most people are highly deficient in.

It works for me because I take it with my regular supplements as a matter of habit. My level is about 50% of daily requirements and that seems to be a happy medium that prevents cramps but doesn't cause any other problems. I experimented with other products and none seemed to work like this one. To each his own though and you guys who would prefer to rub your legs shouldn't deprive yourselves. -)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

I both had a very bad calf cramp while playing football and pulled/partially tore a hamstring while playing football...you are falling to the ground pretty much the same with both. The difference was it sounded like I took a giant phonebook and ripped it in half with the hamstring to the point people came up to me and asked what that sound was...

I've played a lot of sports (soccer and lax), and I can't remember ever getting a hamstring cramp...plenty of calf cramps though. 

I'm sure hamstrings can cramp up like any muscle, my guess would be that calfs typically cramp first and it's not like you can play through a cramping calf to get to where your hamstring cramps after.

Hopefully his calf cramped and he was just grabbing at his leg, not necessarily where it was hurting. Coming back from a hamstring pull, in a week, I mean maybe I guess, but even a light hamstring feels like a 2-4 week type thing, but who knows. 

Just now, BillsfaninSB said:

Saw him standing on the sideline during the TV broadcast when we got  reserve time.   Appears to be not bad but maybe it will hurt today and be an issue for the Dolphin game. 

If he felt something it’s likely he’ll miss a week out of precaution. Being a big DT that doesn’t hit top speed often maybe it’ll be different. There’s a risk for a more significant injury though if he tries to play with a tweaked hammy.

He’s been a difference maker-  looked to have played the run very well last night.  

The investment in the defensive line seems to have been worth it.  Missing our best DT and another starting caliber DT, we held Henry to his worst game as a pro.  Daquon Jones.  Oh my.  I just hope we can keep Bryant from being poached.  

hats off to Edmunds and Milano as well.  Both had a couple missed tackles, but more than made up for them.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

If it was a cramp, you'd think they'd hydrate and salt him up, massage it, and get him back out there, But, that was the TD that put us up 41-7 late in the 3rd and many of our starters came out after the Titans punted on the next series, so who knows.

Hope all the players are hitting IV bags already

5 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Hope all the players are hitting IV bags already

Sounds like they were expecting the same with the game in LA, and were all over the hydration thing. Seems like they did a bang-up job of it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.