Sean freaking McDermott...let's offense just do what they do...

Hebert19

Was listening to the herd today and he makes a great point.  Mcdy is a defensive coach thay stays out of the way.  Let's beane get offensive weapons.  Hires great o coordinators.  And honest to God I think he let's josh make most of the calls on 4th down.  Last week and last night you could see McDermott thinking about what to do and josh just says we are going and he just says let's do it.   It's amazing. He has 100 percent faith is his QB and his hires and it is a beautiful thing. 

He has gone from a solid conservative coach to a fantastic coach.  Props to him. 

• Like (+1) 34
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Process said:

The punt on 4th and 1 from the 50 was really bad. But in general McD is good in those situations.

Nah I'd have punted there. We were up by 20 I think. Give the Titans a short field and they score there suddenly you are unnecessarily in a ball game again. I thought punt and pin was the right call. And we ended up getting the ball back on the muff anyway!

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 19

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Nah I'd have punted there. We were up by 20 I think. Give the Titans a short field and they score there suddenly you are unnecessarily in a ball game again. I thought punt and pin was the right call. And we ended up getting the ball back on the muff anyway!

Valid argument. But with this offense there are very few scenarios where we should be putting on 4th and 1 from the 50. Think we could have just kept our foot on their throats in that spot.

Not a huge deal, and yes, it did work out well.

• Disagree 1

I was going to comment something earlier about this. Seems it's now Josh's call or maybe Dorseys. They lined up and went for every 4th down intell we took the penalty and punted. The game was pretty much over at that point, but josh was still out there to try and get the offside/penalty for space. I just think McD trusts Josh fully and I'm sure josh is on the same page as his coach.

I particularly loved his timeout on fourth down that stopped an Offside and an easy first down. He is a clown when it comes down to game management, and there are only two reasons why this team will not win the Super Bowl this year, and he is one of them, the other the wrong injury to the best player.

• Vomit 4
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Disagree 4
  • Dislike 3

7 minutes ago, Stenbar said:

I particularly loved his timeout on fourth down that stopped an Offside and an easy first down. He is a clown when it comes down to game management, and there are only two reasons why this team will not win the Super Bowl this year, and he is one of them, the other the wrong injury to the best player.

It takes one to know one. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, Process said:

Valid argument. But with this offense there are very few scenarios where we should be putting on 4th and 1 from the 50. Think we could have just kept our foot on their throats in that spot.

Not a huge deal, and yes, it did work out well.

If it was a 7 point lead and they'd punted I'd have been pissed. Make no mistake.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Stenbar said:

We beat the Superbowl champ and the number 1 seed from the AFC last year. Take some time to enjoy things man.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.