How about giving Gilliam some touches?

beacon

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yesterday was the perfect amount of Gilliam. He’s a weapon. They just missed him deep. Anything that keeps Moss on the sidelines.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If Allen didn't overthrow him, he might have had two TD's.  

He's our like 5th option but seeing what he did yesterday, you still have to account for him.  He's athletic and fast for a FB.

Several on this board have stated he's worthless.....he's a big part of our team.  He's out there a lot for a reason.

I can't find the replay, but I'd argue Gilliam spinning himself around like an off balance ballerina had more to do with him not catching that pass than ball placement. I'm fine with a few plays as a change of pace, but if that's a receiver on that play instead of someone not used to catching the long ball it's a touchdown.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, transient said:

I can't find the replay, but I'd argue Gilliam spinning himself around like an off balance ballerina had more to do with him not catching that pass than ball placement. I'm fine with a few plays as a change of pace, but if that's a receiver on that play instead of someone not used to catching the long ball it's a touchdown.

You’re right. He actually stopped running and spun and started backpedaling. If he had continued to run he probably would have had both hands on the ball. But I can’t fault him.

The long pass to Gilliam last night was reminiscent of the desperation deep shot to DeMarco in the playoffs. Gilliam is fine on dumpoffs & short passes, but isn't a talented enough receiver to go get the ball out of the air downfield. Turning around & beckpedaling on a deep ball is the worst thing you can do. Knox would've turned that into a huge play, same with most of our WRs.

I was a pleasantly surprised by Gilliam's speed in the game, he looked more athletic than I thought he was. His TD was fantastic.

Gilliam might be called a fullback, but to me a fullback is a much bigger but slower player.  Whatever.  The game has changed so much that speed and space are what's critical.  Would Jim Braxton or Sam Gash have a role on this team?  

There is something wrong though when 3rd and 1 is the worst possible down and distance for the Bills.  I'd like to see Jordan Phillips get some chances as the RB on those plays.

39 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

Bills' 2020 draft day haul:

2. Epenesa

3. Moss

4. Davis

5. Fromm 

6. Bass

6. Hodgins

7. Dane Jackson

Gilliam (UDFA)

Antonio Williams (UDFA)

Fromm was the only whiff and a lot of value was added especially considering no 1st round pick

This is how strong teams get stronger, with drafts like that.  

2 hours ago, Process said:

Anyone but Moss. 

Said it before, but just because you suck at everything else that doesn't make you a good short yardage back. I cringe when I see him running out onto the field on 3rd/4th and 1. Or anytime really. 

Actually his pass blocking is decent and he did a good job chipping Donald in week #1. 

I agree that he is going to have to get better overall.  As a runner he just seems to slow, he lacks the speed burst and the vision to find the holes.  

9 hours ago, Process said:

Anyone but Moss. 

Said it before, but just because you suck at everything else that doesn't make you a good short yardage back. I cringe when I see him running out onto the field on 3rd/4th and 1. Or anytime really. 

DITTO!

Devin yards before contact rate is substantially better than Moss, and Devins yards after contact is better too.  This false narrative that Moss is a better short yardage back is factually untrue, and like you, I cringe everytime I see him come in instead of Devin.  Devin has better vision, runs with a low center of gravity and powerful legs.  

He finds creases and hits them fast.  Moss just doesn't hit the hole fast enough and doesn't make anyone miss either.  He gets his yards based on whether the OL wins up front giving him a wide open lane, or the play goes nowhere.  Devin on the other hand can make people miss and find creases and running lanes when needed.  

So I am 100% with you on this.  And honestly, I really like Gilliam, he is a tough player out there and valuable asset to the team beyond the box score.  I think he is a better option over Moss on the down and shorts too.  Not to mention, Devin or Allen.  

7 hours ago, Amarillo Bills Fan said:

Dorsey is just scratching the surface.  He'll get more players involved and there will be more gadget plays.

I do think there’s a lot left in the bag. 
If they can’t stop your opening script of plays not much reason to put more on tape. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.