How about giving Gilliam some touches?

beacon

12 minutes ago, beacon said:

Seems like a very good all around athlete, with some juice and size. Short yardage alternative instead of Moss.or maybe even Allen in certain situations. Great draft pick. Another small school hit. Go Bills!

Wasn't Gilliam an undrafted free agent? Even better, eh?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If Allen didn't overthrow him, he might have had two TD's.  

He's our like 5th option but seeing what he did yesterday, you still have to account for him.  He's athletic and fast for a FB.

Several on this board have stated he's worthless.....he's a big part of our team.  He's out there a lot for a reason.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, beacon said:

Seems like a very good all around athlete, with some juice and size. Short yardage alternative instead of Moss.or maybe even Allen in certain situations. Great draft pick. Another small school hit. Go Bills!

I think i tis great they are using him more & he should be used because of his size as the power back & would probably have more production in that role along with the ways our OC has integrated him into the offense .

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Anyone but Moss. 

Said it before, but just because you suck at everything else that doesn't make you a good short yardage back. I cringe when I see him running out onto the field on 3rd/4th and 1. Or anytime really. 

I feel like Moss is going to be traded any day now. SF makes sense.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I feel like Moss is going to be traded any day now. SF makes sense.

Untradeable IMO. He offers nothing. There are likely several guys on practice squads they can just sign and get the same production from. 

Will need to hope McDermott stops being so stubborn in his ways and starts making him inactive and rolling with Singletary. 

But hope you are right. 

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks Alfredo. Didn't realize he wasn't drafted. Just another example of their scouting department being thorough. They've had very few misses since Beane arrived. I do agree with multiple posters that using high draft picks for running backs is a waste. OL and receivers round 1 thru 3 from now on. Keep Allen happy.

3 minutes ago, Hsker4life said:

Our short yardage offense is bad. Still can’t believe we refuse to run a QB sneak from under center. Either that or JA is just horrible at it.

Josh is just about automatic on 4th and 1 keepers.  I think Dorsey is tinkering with other play calls to see if they can take that duty off of Josh's plate. So far it doesn't look too promising.  I suspect that in a big game in Arrowhead or in the playoffs JA17 is keeping the rock.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Process said:

Untradeable IMO. He offers nothing. There are likely several guys on practice squads they can just sign and get the same production from. 

Will need to hope McDermott stops being so stubborn in his ways and starts making him inactive and rolling with Singletary. 

But hope you are right. 

Moss has no trade value, you are spot on.  If cut, he’d be lucky to catch on an active roster at this point. 

I have to assume, Gilliam hasn’t shown the ability to be the hammer in practice.  Otherwise, he would be getting those carries.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.