AJ Epenesa Is really playing well

78thealltimegreat

2 minutes ago, KHAN said:

Miami is probably a good opponent to face with some of your huge DT's out. Being fast against them might be a good way to go anyway. Hill and Waddle against a depleted secondary is more of a concern IMO. They have enough bodies to rotate in the heat. Just not the bodies we might have expected.

Tua had a great 4th quarter but the long balls were all short and in the air a long time. Much harder to do that against our D. They won't stop Josh, and Tua having to match score for score without getting those long passes (which he won't against the Bills D) is a long shot IMO.

Slow your roll on assuming all of them will be out.

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Slow your roll on assuming all of them will be out.

Slow your roll on slowing my roll. Nobody knows who will be out.

All I said is Miami is a team where not being as big might not be as much of a problem. I was more worried for last night. Turns out that was no problem either.

28 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think Phillips is out for a long while.  He tweaked hammy usually has you hobbling...he went down hard liked it locked up completely.  

I've heard that Settle thought he could go last night.  I think it was a precautionary to hold him off one more week.

I think you're right about Oliver not being close last night but it'll be more than two weeks for his sprain.  I've sprained my ankle I think 7 times in my life and 10 days was the norm for me....but I'm also not 285 lbs.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Yea if he has tweaked it you are talking 2-3 weeks. If he has a grade 2 partial tear we are talking 6 weeks at least. 

12 minutes ago, KHAN said:

Slow your roll on slowing my roll. Nobody knows who will be out.

All I said is Miami is a team where not being as big might not be as much of a problem. I was more worried for last night. Turns out that was no problem either.

I would expect less than half. Most of those injury's save for Jackson's and possibly Phillips(although it appeared by all account he was fine on the sidelines once he left the game) looked minor.

Edited by Big Turk

45 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I actually would be surprised if Oliver and Settle don't play.  

Agreed, seems like Settle was almost there and it was a smart decision to sit both of those guys.  But I'll tell you what, Bryant filled in really well last night.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Airseven said:

I don’t trust Epenesa. He flashes and then disappears. Need to see more before he graduates from practice hero status.

Well, you be sure to let us know when you've made up your mind.  We're on the edge of our seats...

• Haha (+1) 10

It's been really remarkable how Von Miller has unlocked the potential of this DL. Just about everyone has had a splash play. Von with two big sacks vs. the Rams, Groot's got a sack in each game and a couple TFL's, AJ's got a sack and a half, big Jordan has one or two, Ed was looking great before the injury, I hope that doesn't hamper him all year. Boogie got the fumble recovery last night, everyone's contributing, love to see it.

As for Epenesa, I don't think he'll ever be a super flashy player with big numbers but if he can be a steady, solid player for them, then that's great. The word on him coming out of Iowa was that he didn't do anything that wowed you but he has the skills and talent to play for a long time. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

If you rewatch the game last night AJ was noticeable particularly in run support. This is the second week he’s playing solid hopefully he’s finally turned the corner. 

Yes AJ, you looked pretty good 

6 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

If you rewatch the game last night AJ was noticeable particularly in run support. This is the second week he’s playing solid hopefully he’s finally turned the corner. 

4 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Yeh it’s almost like a light went on he looks like a completely different player 

The third year is usually the year a player takes a big step, if it is gonna happen at all.  Lets not forget his first year was the Covid year and that stunted development for him.  

Having Von Miller around can't hurt either.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Wyobills89 said:

It just feels like Von brought a leadership we have been missing up front. The youngins are really playing well, I'm not sure if just development or if Von has helped them with technique and just teaching them his knowledge. I think it's just a perfect mix of both. 

I would say both. That Greg sack where he lined up inside, that move to get the offensive lineman off balance is something that I remember seeing Von preach about to the kid during training camp 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On Sunday 9/18 - it was my son's birthday and he lives in Amherst (by Buffalo) so we drove from Rochester to meet him at Bar Bills East Aurora to get their famous wings and Beef on Weck! We get there 15 minutes before they open and still needed to wait 45 minutes - so busy there!

We get our table and as we are finishing ....

Who walks in to get a table but The AJ Epensa! 

They had him wait outside until his table opened up - I asked hostess if she knew who that was and she said yes - they were getting him a table right away.

On our way out - he was still waiting outside and we wished him "Good luck on the game tomorrow" and he smiled and said Thanks a lot! - cool guy. Big guy and glad he had a great game too!

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

Von Miller is to this D what Allen is to the O. They raise everybody’s game. Few players can do that. Bills have two.

Sorta disagree here, in that I think a better analogy is Von Miller is to this D what Stefon Diggs is to this O. Brought in from outside and instantly elevated the competitiveness and expectations of those around them. 

Allen, and the QB position in general, just doesn't have a comp on the defensive side.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.