AFC Rankings Week Two

TFBillsfan

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don’t follow the Broncos closely but my friend does.  He told me Elway has been stripped of all football decisions because of how bad he’s been.  He’s just a figure head for the organization and if he wasn’t a legend, would have been fired.  

The new GM makes the football decisions.  Elway might be a part of it but everything runs through the GM.

I suspect that’s about the same as saying Whaley was the GM, but Buddy Nix was still in the building.  Doesn’t really matter, but either way, they are hurting.

8 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Why is Miami 4?

Because it's a story until they get cut in half this week.

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

In the last 50 years the Bills have never defeated a good team. Every team we beat now sucks

Before the season Bills Super Bowl favorites but have to go through an absolute gauntlet to get there, after the season Bills Super Bowl winners after historically soft schedule. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I think the Bills and Chiefs are great partly because they have proved it by being very good through multiple seasons. The Chargers, Dolphins, etc. have a lot to prove. It was one game. so for the same reasons I put Baltimore ahead of the fins by a large margin. It is still cat and mouse for the fins. Move-countermove. The more tape people get on Tua and this offense the harder ti will be for them, and then we'll see how they react. We will not know about the unproven teams like Miami until the middle of the season. I think it is still very likely Miami finishes out of the playoffs. Time will tell.

2 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

Struggling to see Denver going toe to toe with KC AND LAC. Was hopeful the AFCW would give KC some challenges. Cinncy still has time but that OL is troubling. AFCS is a train wreck right now. 

Hackett is in WAY over his head. He seems scared, non-confident, second guessing himself, and his in game management is atrocious. It's only 2 games but yeah, what a disappointment.

5 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

I think the Bills and Chiefs are great partly because they have proved it by being very good through multiple seasons. The Chargers, Dolphins, etc. have a lot to prove. It was one game. so for the same reasons I put Baltimore ahead of the fins by a large margin. It is still cat and mouse for the fins. Move-countermove. The more tape people get on Tua and this offense the harder ti will be for them, and then we'll see how they react. We will not know about the unproven teams like Miami until the middle of the season. I think it is still very likely Miami finishes out of the playoffs. Time will tell.

The chargers seem to be everyone's favorite team every off season. They just keep missing the playoffs. I'm not sure what to make of them.

2 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Everyone is good until they play us 😂 I saw people saying the Bills haven't played anyone good yet so maybe we need to pump the brakes ourselves 

You know darn well that all of our wins come against lousy opponents. If we win the Superbowl, this will have been the weakest year that the NFL has ever had. When we do lose a game, it will be, "see, I told you."

It's the Bills and everyone else. They will be a 2-pt favorite at KC. Everyone will freak out and say the Chiefs are being disrespected. And the Bills will absolutely crush the Chiefs, likely by multiple scores, and they won't be less than a 3-point favorite in any game the rest of the year. I am a KC fan. I have frequented this board the last few years only to keep tabs on the Bills. Last year was supposed to be Buffalo's big breakthrough. It wasn't. They addressed all the offseason needs (mainly the pass rush) and got even better. I've already heard some of the comments: "Well, Stafford has a noodle arm," and "The Titans stink." Oh, stop. These were absolute maulings. Both games huge overperforms, both games essentially over by the time the 4th quarter started. 

Buffalo crushed the Rams and shut down their passing game without blitzing a single time. Then they smoked the Titans, primarily stuffing the box and shutting down Henry (and still being near perfect vs the pass outside of one drive despite missing a Pro Bowl CB and having rookie DBs on the field). I have quite a few friends who are Bills fans. I want to hate. But I can't. This looks like the most complete team I've seen in the NFL since realignment in '02. The Chiefs have been great the last four years. But they've had an above average defense exactly 0 times in the Mahomes era. They've always been beatable, but Mahomes always seems to find a way (55% win percentage when KC falls behind by 10 pts, just ridiculous.) 

This offseason I totally expected defenses to find an answer for slowing down Buffalo's offense. Not stopping—but slowing down. The same way defenses have been able to make KC dink-and-dunk their way down the field. Through two games, that's out the window. The Rams were decent at it for a few quarters, then fell behind, got impatient and Diggs beat them deep. Against the Titans (admittedly outmatched in the secondary), they played some of the dumbest coverages I've ever seen and got beat deep multiple times. 

KC's defense has had mixed results vs Buffalo's offense, but I like how the Chiefs have played them on the whole (especially in the AFC title game in 2020). They're aggressive, they bring blitzes from every angle (essentially flooding passing lanes with DB's), and they force you into making some difficult throws. They can live with getting beat deep and don't play scared. The Chiefs need to add a piece or two at the deadline. I'm bullish on the D coming together by season's end. The Bills are going to be able to get off the field against KC and probably force three or four punts. I can't say the reverse is true, at least not yet. 

My AFC ratings:

Bills 

Chiefs -4 pts worse

Chargers -4.5 

Ravens -5

Broncos -6.5 (bad start, but strong team)

Bengals -6.5 (bad start, but better than this)

Dolphins -8.5 (good start, but still skeptical)

47 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

I heard some Miami fans online saying that the Dolphins have a plan to handle us. In the words of the great Mike Tyson...

Tyson 2.jpg

I’d be willing to bet their offense will run a lot of WR screens to try to negate our rush and get the ball into the hands of Hill and Waddle as quickly as possible. If I was Frazier, my entire focus this week would be cooking up something to stop the quick passing game.

• Like (+1) 1

1. Chiefs
2. Bills
3. Bucs
4. Eagles
5. Dolphins
6. Chargers
7. Ravens
8. Rams
9. Packers
10. Vikings
11. 49ers
12. Patriots
13. Giants    
14. Broncos
15. Steelers
16. Saints
17. Lions
18. Cardinals
19. Commanders
20. Cowboys
21. Bengals
22. Jaguars
23. Raiders
24. Bears
25. Jets
26. Titans
27. Seahawks
28. Browns
29. Falcons
30. Colts
31. Texans
32. Panthers

• Haha (+1) 3

5 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

1. Buffalo

2. KC

3. Chargers

4. Miami

Pretty murky after those four. Buffalo and KC are more like 1a and 1b. It’s early and lots of football to be played. Thoughts?

I don't the KC is 1b, but they are a solid #2.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.