Week 3 injury updates

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I accept the fact that Tre and now Dane are out and replaced by rookies, we really need those safeties (Poyer and Hyde) to be ready.  

Who we got behind Poyer and Hyde?  Hamlin, Johnson, and Neal? I know the coaches like them but I would expect a pretty big difference between them and our dynamic duo. That could be scary especially with the 2 WRs we are facing Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I may have missed it, is something going on with Hyde other than injury? 

There's never a good game to be down your entire starting secondary, but it's quite comical that this is the game we are staring down the barrel of starting two rookie outside corners and two young backup safeties against the most explosive big play WR room in the entire league.  

Going to need the Front 7 to be an absolute unit out there. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

There's never a good game to be down your entire starting secondary, but it's quite comical that this is the game we are staring down the barrel of starting two rookie outside corners and two young backup safeties against the most explosive big play WR room in the entire league.  

Going to need the Front 7 to be an absolute unit out there. 

I see (5) 8-min methodical drives coming for the Bills.  They can figure out how to effectively use the balance of their game time.

On 9/20/2022 at 8:23 AM, YoloinOhio said:

There are so many injuries to track now, thought it would help to keep a thread for that going into week 3. We should get some initial updates today from McDermott but the first injury report won’t be until either tomorrow or Thursday.

we will be looking at-

Ed Oliver - ankle (injured vs Rams 9/8, has not practiced or played since)

Gabe Davis - ankle (injured in practice 9/17, didn’t play vs titans)

Tim Settle - calf (practiced 9/17 but didn’t play vs titans)

Mitch Morse - elbow (injured vs titans, returned to game

Dane Jackson - TBD (injured vs titans, left in ambulance)

Micah Hyde - neck (injured vs titans, did not return)

Matt Milano - stinger (injured vs titans,  did not return)

Jordan Phillips - hamstring (injured vs titans, did not return)

Jordan Poyer - Foot (injured vs Titans)

dawson Knox - Foot (injured vs titans)

Miss anyone?

Thanks for setting up this consolidated thread Yolo!

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I assume whether he’s in meetings and with the trainers 

Went and looked for it and it was like "Is he here today or something something consultation?" Then McDermott basically just said he's not going to get into it. He never really gets into it that much with injuries.

5 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Wtf is wrong with Poyer now???

now???

What do you mean now?

The dude has been an absolute FREAK of nature in regards to health in his time with the Bills. I dont even think he has missed one single game in over 5 seasons, which is incredible considering the physical game he plays with. 

Now?? GTFOH

Hes not practicing due to a foot injury 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, PaattMaann said:

now???

What do you mean now?

The dude has been an absolute FREAK of nature in regards to health in his time with the Bills. I dont even think he has missed one single game in over 5 seasons, which is incredible considering the physical game he plays with. 

Now?? GTFOH

Hes not practicing due to a foot injury 

I don't think he was meaning Poyer like he's injured again.  It's the pile up of other injuries and now Poyer is on that list.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

This was NOT the report I was hoping to read. Buffalo is going to have to have a no punt game again to have a chance here (if the injury report does not change).

Disagree.  

Based on McDermott's phrasing of the guys practicing, I'm expecting Oliver and Settle back. 

We haven't even seen half a game, let alone a full game from our starting DL front.  No Phillips hurts, but the Defense will run through Von - Jones - Oliver - Rousseau - Settle - Basham - Epenesa - Edmunds - Milano - Johnson.  

Worst case scenario, it's up to the Front 7 to protect Elam, Benford, Johnson and Hamlin.  Luckily, there is a ton of talent in this Front 7, and this staff is elite at coaching up the secondary. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't think he was meaning Poyer like he's injured again.  It's the pile up of other injuries and now Poyer is on that list.

This is completely fair and my sincerest apologies to the poster if thats what he meant....which in hindsight is very likely how he meant it. Not as a shot at poyer, but as a "jesus even Poyer is hurt too"....

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Disagree.  

Based on McDermott's phrasing of the guys practicing, I'm expecting Oliver and Settle back. 

We haven't even seen half a game, let alone a full game from our starting DL front.  No Phillips hurts, but the Defense will run through Von - Jones - Oliver - Rousseau - Settle - Basham - Epenesa - Edmunds - Milano - Johnson.  

Worst case scenario, it's up to the Front 7 to protect Elam, Benford, Johnson and Hamlin.  Luckily, there is a ton of talent in this Front 7, and this staff is elite at coaching up the secondary. 

There will be no front 7 against Miami. It will be a nickel package all day long.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.