Week 3 injury updates

YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

I think the defense this week goes how the Dline goes. This is where I believe the investiment in the Dline and the rotation philosophy pays dividends. If they continue to get good pressure with four, it will be a longer day for Tua than what many people think. His only real strengths are getting the ball out quickly and his accuracy in the short to intermediate range. As a consequence, he does pretty well when blitzed but not so well when he faces pressure from four.

Pressure with four, good tackling, and keep the big plays to a minimum. Hill and Waddle will make plays here and there because of their speed and quickness. The ***Pats actually did a good job of giving them some yards, but not the big plays (with the exception of the one TD catch by Waddle that was pretty much all YAC).

and he's short  lol so he's got that going for him.

he's about to get fd up unless mcdaniel  has some super secret plan

and he doesn't

But good post honestly 59  !

Go Bills

2 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

Woof, wish we could have had secondary issues against a lot of other teams. Good luck to Hamlin and Johnson!

Groot Miller 

and some hands up in passing lanes

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/23/2022 at 6:22 PM, SCBills said:

I think people will be pleasantly surprised by this defense on Sunday. 

Jaquan Johnson is a guy who it seems everyone in the building has said is ready to start.  

Elam is a RD1 pick for a reason. 

Benford looks like a legitimate late round stud. 

Being down our DT’s isn’t ideal, but Miami isn’t a heavy run team and we likely see plenty of 3 DE pass rush looks on passing downs. 

The top end talent that is still out there.. Von Miller, Greg Rousseau, Matt Milano, Tremaine Edmunds and Taron Johnson.  

I’ll put that five up against Xavien Howard, Jevon Holland, Christian Wilkins, Emmanuel Ogbah and Jaelen Phillips.  

Sometimes you just need to hear it. :beer:

20 hours ago, SCBills said:

Was wondering if we may see an aggressive gameplan given all the injuries and the fact that harassing Tua will be the name of the game. 

Elam played press man primarily at Florida.  It’s why he’s taken some time to learn the zone aspects we play.

If we’re looking at forcing Tua off quick reads, I wonder if allowing Elam to do some of that against Hill/Waddle (with help over the top) wouldn’t be an interesting wrinkle to throw out there preventing free releases and forcing Tua to hold the ball a beat longer / not allow rhythm throws. 

That's exactly what I'm hoping Sean calls tomorrow. Let Elam cover Hill in a man press with support from Jaquan and Benford have Hamlin help over the top.  Taron can roam the zone and let Tremaine cover Gesicki all day.  Tua just can't have long clean pockets like the Ravens gave him.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

That's exactly what I'm hoping Sean calls tomorrow. Let Elam cover Hill in a man press with support from Jaquan and Benford have Hamlin help over the top.  Taron can roam the zone and let Tremaine cover Gesicki all day.  Tua just can't have long clean pockets like the Ravens gave him.

whos covering Waddle then?

On 9/23/2022 at 6:37 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

Is there a defense where Elam can play man to man on Hill, while we zone cover Waddle with Benford/Lewis and Jaquan over the top? 

I think bills will mix it up. Elam can play some press coverage with a safety over the top. Zone up the other side. They will have a solid plan. Tua won’t have any time. He had all day to throw to wide open receivers last week. It’s crazy how Tua is good in everyone’s opinion after last weeks 4th quarter. Everyone forgot about his previous 7 quarters of Meh 🫤 

I had to detach somewhat this week.  My thinking went from

too bad Jackson got hurt to thank goodness he walked out of hospital. 

to, wait Hyde went to hospital 

to, okay Poyer says they’re good

to, well at least our safeties are good

to, Hyde is not practicing and getting a second opinion

to, Oliver, Hyde, Phillips and Jackson ruled out

to, Davis looks dinged and Poyer has a toe. But at least Poyer will be out there. 

to, Hyde is done for season. 

to this morning and Poyer is out and Gabe and Settle still a game time decision.  

sheesh. What a terrible week for the Bills players. 

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I remember saying that when Mancz was called up that it was a bad luck for Mitch. Turns out I was right despite 15 people correcting me. Despite it being a terrible “I told you so moment”, I am still not happy about saying this at all. Dammit they are out some key spots on this team against a rival who they should have destroyed if even a few more guys were healthy. Go Bills no matter what. Also, ***** the Titans.

Edited by MiltonWaddams

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I remember saying that when Gregg Mancz was called up that it was a bad luck for Mitch. Turns out I was right despite 15 people correcting me. Despite it being done I told you so moment, I am still not happy about this at all. Dammit they are out some key spots on this team against a rival who they should have destroyed if even a few more guys werehealthy. Go Bills no matter what. Also, ***** the Titans.

I'm sure this is more of a decision by the team to rest up as many guys as they can in preparation for the gauntlet ahead. This is a road game against a team they play again, in Buffalo, in December, so the chances of us being able to cancel out a loss today are pretty decent. Need the wins against Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and KC coming up more than this one.

Also a good chance to get the young guys some real game experience against a tough opponent to see what they've got.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I remember saying that when Mancz was called up that it was a bad luck for Mitch. Turns out I was right despite 15 people correcting me. Despite it being a terrible “I told you so moment”, I am still not happy about saying this at all. Dammit they are out some key spots on this team against a rival who they should have destroyed if even a few more guys were healthy. Go Bills no matter what. Also, ***** the Titans.

There is a pile on culture here. as soon as the first response is negative everyone follows

with this said, who is starting at center today?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.