Week 3 injury updates

YoloinOhio

25 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

And what are Dane and Micah's injuries? Sounds like they are being perhaps overly cautious. A "stinger" is not an injury that would have kept anyone out for more than a few plays let alone the whole game

Milano had the stinger.  He's been practicing.  Neck injuries to Hyde and Jackson.

1 minute ago, DCbillsfan said:

Milano had the stinger.  He's been practicing.  Neck injuries to Hyde and Jackson.

3 neck injuries in 1 game is pretty crazy. I've never heard of that. Probably need to do some more neck conditioning in the weight room. They have that iron neck attachment for pulley machines and it looks ridiculous but it's supposed to decrease concussion and neck injuries drastically 

22 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

3 neck injuries in 1 game is pretty crazy. I've never heard of that. Probably need to do some more neck conditioning in the weight room. They have that iron neck attachment for pulley machines and it looks ridiculous but it's supposed to decrease concussion and neck injuries drastically 

It was a tough physical game.  No doubt.

58 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not sure but he was dancing at practice 

I swear watching some of those players dance, like Dion was doing in pregame Monday night in the McKenzie mic'd up video and I think it's only a matter of time beore one of the players ends up out for the game due to some crazy move that goes wrong...

McD needs to regulate the variety of dance moves they can do pregame 🤣

Edited by Big Turk

2 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Just answer this. how confident are you in this defense with injuries to force miami 3 and out or 6 and out? How confident are you in our 100% depleted secondary in forcing Miami to punt?

Very. Their offense's Achilles heel is the OL. No secondary is going to hold Hill and Waddle from getting open, you just have to get to Tua and make him uncomfortable. Anyways our secondary is more about scheme than talent. That's why every year we have late round CBs that we're plugging in without missing a beat. If Oliver and Settle are in the game I'm not worried.

I am however very concerned about Hyde's long term prognosis. Fingers crossed it is not as serious as it seems. I would hate to see a guy like that who's worked so hard have to hang it up early.

11 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I swear watching some of those players dance, like Dion was doing in pregame Monday night in the McKenzie mic'd up video and I think it's only a matter of time beore one of the players ends up out for the game due to some crazy move that goes wrong...

McD needs to regulate the variety of dance moves they can do pregame 🤣

Reminds me of TB kicker Gramattica injuring himself doing a stupid celebration.

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Very. Their offense's Achilles heel is the OL. No secondary is going to hold Hill and Waddle from getting open, you just have to get to Tua and make him uncomfortable. Anyways our secondary is more about scheme than talent. That's why every year we have late round CBs that we're plugging in without missing a beat. If Oliver and Settle are in the game I'm not worried.

I am however very concerned about Hyde's long term prognosis. Fingers crossed it is not as serious as it seems. I would hate to see a guy like that who's worked so hard have to hang it up early.

If Tua can't step up in the pocket or plant his feet to make throws, he doesn't have the arm strength to get the ball there and it will float leading to the D making plays on the ball or picking it off.  Or the throws will be inaccurate or he will have to throw it early and the timing will be off...

The DLine can almost make the secondary injuries moot if they get enough pressure. At least in the context of the Fins being able to score enough to keep up.

Just now, Clyde Smith said:

Reminds me of TB kicker Gramattica injuring himself doing a stupid celebration.

Or the one WR at Georgia that tore his ACL doing the jump and bump his teammate after he caught a TD pass.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It's pretty amazing that Dane is even out on a field right now after that hit. At the time it happened, it was hard not to assume the worst. 

But that he's at a practice in any capacity right now combined with the fact they've yet to make any roster moves means he could actually be playing again -- and sooner than later. Just awesome. 

2 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Don't think any amount of stretching could have helped Dane's injury

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.