Week 3 injury updates

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Just answer this. how confident are you in this defense with injuries to force miami 3 and out or 6 and out? How confident are you in our 100% depleted secondary in forcing Miami to punt?

Pretty confident with the pass rush they have and muddying up the pocket for Tua. 

The only savings grace of all this is if there's one area where McD and Frazier have excelled on coaching up its in the secondary. 

Miscommunications are the big concern here. Luckily the backup safeties have been in this system several years now. But man, if even one more player goes down back there... yuck. 

1 minute ago, Yobogoya! said:

The only savings grace of all this is if there's one area where McD and Frazier have excelled on coaching up its in the secondary. 

Miscommunications are the big concern here. Luckily the backup safeties have been in this system several years now. But man, if even one more player goes down back there... yuck. 

IMO the Dolphins are so 1-dimensional when it comes to actual threats that we can balance out the chance of miscommunication by beating it into the Safeties heads that "when in doubt, get deep". It should always be their first priority. We'll happily take Gisecki catching 6 yard passes, and leave the front-7 to stop the run. Take away the deep threats and they are done.

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Take away his first read, make his sustain long drives and I love our chances.

Tua is for sure a one read guy…unfortunately for the ravens their miscommunications were oftentimes leaving his first read wide open lol.  

he doesn’t seem great at keeping his eyes downfield when he buys some extra time in the pocket either 

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

IMO the Dolphins are so 1-dimensional when it comes to actual threats that we can balance out the chance of miscommunication by beating it into the Safeties heads that "when in doubt, get deep". It should always be their first priority. We'll happily take Gisecki catching 6 yard passes, and leave the front-7 to stop the run. Take away the deep threats and they are done.

I don’t think they’ll have time to even get deep…baltimore had the double whammy of zero pass rush and horrendous communication in the secondary going last week. 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 2

37 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Just answer this. how confident are you in this defense with injuries to force miami 3 and out or 6 and out? How confident are you in our 100% depleted secondary in forcing Miami to punt?

Pretty confident. The DLine is made up of pocket wreckers.

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

McDermott “did not want to get into it” when asked whether Dane/Hyde could be long term

That means likely more than a week and possibly out til after the bye.

If Oliver and Settle are back, along with Poyer then I would say the biggest loss out of Phillips, Dane and Hyde would be Dane.

I feel pretty good about having Oliver and Settle back, they should be able to pick up the slack for Phillips absence, Hyde will be replaced by Jaquan who is more than capable to be the next man up.

I like the rookies a lot but it is Tyreek and Waddle so even though I do trust the rookies, it's a tough match up for them.

43 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Seriously?  Our defense is still pretty good even with all these guys injured, and Tua is still just a somewhat-above-average QB.  The Patriots and Ravens had no problem controlling this offense for 7 out of 8 quarters of play.

We don't have to hold Miami scoreless.  We just need to hold them to under 35 or so.  I think we can do that pretty easily.

Agree...Our front four of.  Von, Jones, Groot with  Oliver and/or Settle is still formidable.

Our LBs are intact 

Our Two Rookie corners have played well and our two backup safeties have shown good ability in pre-season. 

4 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

And what are Dane and Micah's injuries? Sounds like they are being perhaps overly cautious. A "stinger" is not an injury that would have kept anyone out for more than a few plays let alone the whole game

I would imagine a deeper strain or bruise than a normal stinger would produce. Dane, obviously not surprising. Likely dealing with at least a strain if not sprain. I doubt there are any fractures or anything or else we'd be seeing different behaviors. I guess Hyde's could be tho, worst case.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.