Week 3 injury updates

YoloinOhio

On Thursday, the Miami Dolphins held their second practice of the week in anticipation of their Sunday afternoon battle with the Buffalo Bills.

Three players who didn’t participate on Wednesday – offensive tackle Terron Armstead (toe) and tight ends Cethan Carter (concussion) and Hunter Long (ankle) – remained out for practice on Thursday.

However, cornerback Xavien Howard (groin) was upgraded to a limited participant. He joined wide receiver Cedrick Wilson Jr. (ribs/toe) and defensive lineman Raekwon Davis (knee) as the only players that were limited. Davis was a full participant on Wednesday.

Linebacker Channing Tindall (illness) was upgraded to a full participant on Thursday, joining tight end Tanner Conner (knee) and fullback Alec Ingold (shoulder).

Removed from the list completely was linebacker Melvin Ingram, who got his normal veteran rest day on Wednesday.

Armstead’s status is probably the most concerning, considering he’s been dealing with this toe injury for over a week now and played through it in Week 2. Hopefully, he didn’t aggravate the injury to the point that he can’t go on Sunday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/dolphins-injury-report-3-players-with-changed-participation-status/ar-AA128vqp

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

Absolutely expect Jordan to play, and they are being cautious given Micah injury.

Micah on the other hand, his 2nd opinion could be just for "confirmation", good or bad.  We don't know. 

Tomorrow will tell alot about him and others with "DNP", even a limited practice for Phillips, or Micah/Poyer, would be a indicative of 50/50 for Sunday.  Agree with you that DNP on a Friday tends to lead to inactive on gameday.

Hyde's second opinion is bad news.  He is probably going to have a long lasting problem...but I don't see him getting a second opinion if he got good news first time around.  

I assume they are discussing whether or not he needs surgery, which he is probably trying to avoid.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

The one thing that can derail a SB run is injuries. Luckily none of them are IR or season ending, but this is a bad time of the schedule to be missing so many starters.

They had been relativaley lucky with injuries the last few seasons, seems to have caught up with them...

I think the DLine is going to be mostly back. 

Phillips has been a monster but getting Oliver and Settle back would help for sure. 

As far as the secondary, they are getting thin but think Poyer will be in and Elam/Benford have done well enough so far.  I'd love Hyde back but seems unlikely.  I think as long as we have Poyer back there he can tell, Lewis or Hamlin. whoever they decided is the better bet this week, what to do and still run the 2 high safety and keep everything underneath.

It's not exactly comforting being down to only Elam, Benford, and Neal on the boundaries (Lewis would be emergency depth outside). Especially when they're also missing such a stalwart safety in Hyde. The Bills have the depth and the system and the coaching to overcome decimation at either cornerback OR safety, but overcoming impactful losses at BOTH positions will stretch credulity.

Looking at it from an internal, team perspective: what amazing opportunities to step up and fill in for Jaquan Johnson, and Damar Hamlin, and even Siran Neal and/or Cam Lewis!

7 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

It's not exactly comforting being down to only Elam, Benford, and Neal on the boundaries (Lewis would be emergency depth outside). Especially when they're also missing such a stalwart safety in Hyde. The Bills have the depth and the system and the coaching to overcome decimation at either cornerback OR safety, but overcoming impactful losses at BOTH positions will stretch credulity.

Looking at it from an internal, team perspective: what amazing opportunities to step up and fill in for Jaquan Johnson, and Damar Hamlin, and even Siran Neal and/or Cam Lewis!

I think the DLine gets amped up and puts this game on their back and takes over. Von is telling them they have to protect their young bucks in the secondary and put the game in their hands.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

To be fair, he said he was "100% optimistic" about playing. 

That's a bit of semantic juggling that stops short of guarantee he's going to be out there. 

True...I guess at the end of the day it's really up to the coaches and trainers whether he will be out there or not, but he seemed pretty sure.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Do these guys practice in the hopes it gets better as the week goes on - because this just looks like - you should be resting. 

Most of the calculation is pain management vs risk of further damage. 

If Gabe risks further injuring his ankle and/or heightened risk of injury elsewhere due to a weakened ankle, I think you’ve got to rest him if he’s still looking hobbled on some of those routes. 

If it’s just about pain, they’ll shoot up the ankle and let him do his thing. 

Yes good point in that it either comes down to is it pain or is it going to hurt the ankle further. If it's just pain then you probably want to be on it loosening it up, you don't want to sit still and let it get tight. Need to get the blood flowing and stay loose. If there's any doubt I think they will rest him. It's a long season

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.