Week 3 injury updates

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

now???

What do you mean now?

The dude has been an absolute FREAK of nature in regards to health in his time with the Bills. I dont even think he has missed one single game in over 5 seasons, which is incredible considering the physical game he plays with. 

Now?? GTFOH

Hes not practicing due to a foot injury 

Woahhhh brother. Did not mean it at all in the way you perceived it. I meant it more out of frustration in that there is another injured stud on the list!  The ‘now’ was not geared at Poyer.  Freakin love Poyer.  Hate seeing him on the list, and hope he’s good to go come Sunday. 

Settle yourself down. Jesus man. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Playoffs? said:

Woahhhh brother. Did not mean it at all in the way you perceived it. I meant it more out of frustration in that there is another injured stud on the list!  The ‘now’ was not geared at Poyer.  Freakin love Poyer.  Hate seeing him on the list, and hope he’s good to go come Sunday. 

Settle yourself down. Jesus man. 

No doubt, if you scroll up I "my bad'ed" myself already after another poster pointed out you likely meant just another guy added to the list. Im sorry. I love you. I beg forgiveness. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

Who we got behind Poyer and Hyde?  Hamlin, Johnson, and Neal? I know the coaches like them but I would expect a pretty big difference between them and our dynamic duo. That could be scary especially with the 2 WRs we are facing Sunday. 

I may have missed it, is something going on with Hyde other than injury? 

No, I think it could be in reference to Hyde going to the hospital Monday night. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

So the entire starting secondary may not play Sunday lol.  Great 

Meh. So what if they don't? It will be a good challenge for the defense.

I just want the team as healthy as possible come January. Nobody will stop them if they are.

Edited by Beast

I am expecting that Poyer will play, not sure about Micah.

But, this is why it wasn't a bad thing that they both missed some time in training camp and didn't play much in the preseason games. Our backup safeties got a lot of extra work in training camp and the preseason. Johnson is a 4th-year guy and Hamlin a 3rd-year guy. They obviously wouldn't be Poyer and Hyde out there, but they should be able to hold their own. 

Our depth is really being tested early in the season here. Thank goodness Beane and Co. have built a deep team, and hopefully we get the injury bug out of the way and everyone stays healthy down the stretch of the season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

Not practicing Thursday is usually an indicator of not playing Sunday. I wouldn’t blame anyone for worrying that our entire starting secondary could miss the game.

key word USUALLY. This isnt a usual situation. Short week, and talking about two of the most veteran guys in a system one could ever have in Hyde and Poyer. 

Plus...Im not worried even if they both dont play. 

We have Joshua Patrick Allen. 

The fact that Hyde is now seeking a second opinion for his injured neck (as reported by the Buffalo News), does not bode well.  Certainly not for this weekend anyway.  He went off on a cart, so that means he must've experienced something pretty scary.  Just hope he's back within a couple weeks. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s actually Friday’s practice. Taron and Benford are healthy secondary starters btw 

Friday’s practice is just a walkthrough. Wednesday and Thursday are the game plan install days. Stacking up DNPs all week typically isn’t a good sign someone will play. 

I wasn’t being literal when I said our entire secondary could he out. However one could argue our most important pieces are Poyer and Hyde 

Edited by Bangarang

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The fact that Hyde is now seeking a second opinion for his injured neck (as reported by the Buffalo News), does not bode well.  Certainly not for this weekend anyway.  He went off on a cart, so that means he must've experienced something pretty scary.  Just hope he's back within a couple weeks. 

He’s had a recurring neck issue on the injury report going back at least a year. Always played, but we will see

11 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Starting to really bring back Aaron Williams scenarios in my head...

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.