Week 3 injury updates

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Sam Martin punted 3 times so he could be a little sore 

And THIS is the reason we play the games! Who saw that coming? You never know!

I wonder how the Dolphins are looking? This seems like an awful lot after two games, but I’d rather be healthy for the stretch run than coming out of the gates. 

58 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

That is very good news on Dane Jacksaon - hard to believe he is day by day 

I had to stop watching that replay. It was making me ill. I did not see that he was moving as much as he was post-hit, which might have given me some relief. That was absolutely gruesome looking. It puts the game in perspective. 

Nice to hear day to day but I will assume Jordan Phillips is out next week at minimum.   It’s officially a hamstring and I can’t remember the last time one of our guys had a hammy and ended up playing the very next week (correct me if I’m wrong). I think part of it is this Bills team has never rushed players back from hamstring injuries, which is smart. 

It's increasingly clear the Dane Jackson injury is a huge belichick-esque smokescreen. They told Edmunds to take that hit, but not hurt him and staged the whole ambulance drama. Jackson will descend from the rafters at the start of the Miami game and suplex Tua into submission. 😉

Edited by Malazan
  • Eyeroll 2

On 9/20/2022 at 7:23 AM, YoloinOhio said:

There are so many injuries to track now, thought it would help to keep a thread for that going into week 3. We should get some initial updates today from McDermott but the first injury report won’t be until either tomorrow or Thursday.

we will be looking at-

Ed Oliver - ankle (injured vs Rams 9/8, has not practiced or played since)

Gabe Davis - ankle (injured in practice 9/17, didn’t play vs titans)

Tim Settle - calf (practiced 9/17 but didn’t play vs titans)

Mitch Morse - elbow (injured vs titans, returned to game

Dane Jackson - TBD (injured vs titans, left in ambulance)

Micah Hyde - neck (injured vs titans, did not return)

Matt Milano - stinger (injured vs titans,  did not return)

Jordan Phillips - hamstring (injured vs titans, did not return)

Miss anyone?

So Kyle Trimble has a summary/prediction up including a couple players injured during the game.

https://bangedupbills.com/2022/09/21/buffalo-bills-vs-tennessee-titans-week-2-injury-recap/

Ed Oliver - ankle (predicts his return due to type of injury/timeline)

Gabe Davis - ankle (predicts his return due to type of injury/timeline)

Tim Settle - calf (says he's possible, but not certain due to type of injury/timeline)

Mitch Morse - elbow (since he returned to the game, predicts he's likely to play)

Dane Jackson - neck (likely to miss 1 or more games, needs to "get right")

Micah Hyde - neck (predicts he is likely to play)

Matt Milano - stinger (predicts he is likely to play)

Jordan Phillips - hamstring (predicts he is likely out, due to Bills historical management of hammys)

Two other additions:

Dawson Knox - foot (had it taped and returned to the game, likely to play)

Reggie Gilliam - L elbow/forearm (seen wearing a brace in the 2nd half)

• Like (+1) 2

Taylor Lewan is likely out for the year from the knee injury he suffered against us...couldn't happen to a nicer DBag...

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

So Kyle Trimble has a summary/prediction up including a couple players injured during the game.

https://bangedupbills.com/2022/09/21/buffalo-bills-vs-tennessee-titans-week-2-injury-recap/

Tim Settle - calf (says he's possible, but not certain due to type of injury/timeline)

Mitch Morse - elbow (since he returned to the game, predicts he's likely to play)

Jordan Phillips - hamstring (predicts he is likely out, due to Bills historical management of hammys)

Two other additions:

Phillips is going to be highly upset as he circles the Dolphins games every time he is here since he has never liked the way he was treated and discarded there.

• Agree 1

On 9/20/2022 at 8:45 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

I liked Rosseau rushing from the inside.

If we on 3rd and 6 or more have a package like:

Miller - Oliver - Rosseau - AJ.....that is a strong pass rushing package.

He had a lot of success in College from the inside and got a sack from there this week, I would be surprised if they don’t try it more.  I believe you probably have to throw Boogie or Lawson beside him to be a heavy edge, to avoid an easy gain on the ground as he flies upfield, but maybe not.  In a NASCAR package, him, Phillips, Boogie and Von would be interesting.  Oliver would be fine in place of Phillips, but I think Phillips is actually better as a rusher.

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Two other additions:

Seems reasonable, Hyde and Jackson will be the biggest impact, would be nice to have them both back IF they are healthy.  Hyde is special, I’d really like to see him back at minimum. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Taylor Lewan is likely out for the year from the knee injury he suffered against us...couldn't happen to a nicer DBag...

Phillips is going to be highly upset as he circles the Dolphins games every time he is here since he has never liked the way he was treated and discarded there.

Will never understand why people say stuff like this. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Will never understand why people say stuff like this. 

https://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2008-2018-nfp-archive/guest-stars/the-red-flag-report-taylor-lewan/

Maybe for telling a friend of a woman who was allegedly raped by a teammate that "she better not press charges because I'm going to rape her because Brendan didn't"?

Edited by Big Turk

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Now. 

Wow, there were even more on there we didn't know about like Poyer...WTF

I mean it's still early but missing 3/4 of our secondary would be a recipe for disaster.

Edited by Big Turk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.