[Name Only Title] Joe Haden

Cuboirs

7 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

I don’t think so. I think they really like the two rookies. Maybe we sign someone for depth, but I don’t think it’ll be Joe Haden

Considering Beas is signing to the PS for Tampa Bay, I think it'd be worthy to throw the PS offer to Haden at this point. Benefit of a veteran on the practice squad is that we have someone who knows the NFL and can practice against our offense. We need practice bodies at this point.

As others said, it should be dependent on Dane’s prognosis. We don’t want to have three CBs, once White is fit, blocking the path for the promising Benford and Elam. If Dane is out for a significant amount of time then bringing in someone like Haden makes sense.

The question is if he’s missing up to but perhaps not beyond the bye. Do we take the potential hit at Arrowhead or try and strengthen up before then?

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

He's out until week 5 regardless. 

He could be ready now but has to wait.

So I’d argue if White is ready for the trip to the Chiefs, and Dane is back straight after the bye, then we probably suck it up unless Benford and Elam look really out of their depth on Sunday. Having Dolphins, Ravens and Chiefs in three of our next four is not the best place to be in with inexperience at CB.

Not sure Joe Haden is the guy, but they need to look into someone for the outside.   You likely have three healthy outside corners until week 5 at the earliest.   Even if they bring Olijah Griffin back for a few weeks its better than going with just three.

3 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Practice squad has only the rookie, Kyler McMichael.

Cam Lewis or Nick McCloud would have been nice...

Cam Lewis is on the active roster. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Not sure Joe Haden is the guy, but they need to look into someone for the outside.   You likely have three healthy outside corners until week 5 at the earliest.   Even if they bring Olijah Griffin back for a few weeks its better than going with just three.

Cam Lewis is on the active roster. 

Oh yeah! Well, that should help.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.