Other than some injuries, is there anything NOT to like about last night?!?

zow2

11 minutes ago, BFLO said:

1st & 10 at TEN 40
(3:18 - 1st) Z.Moss right end to TEN 40 for no gain (R.McCreary).
2nd & 10 at TEN 40
(2:40 - 1st) (Shotgun) J.Allen pass short right to S.Diggs to TEN 31 for 9 yards (T.Avery).
3rd & 1 at TEN 31
(2:10 - 1st) (Shotgun) Z.Moss up the middle to TEN 31 for no gain (Z.Cunningham).
4th & 1 at TEN 31
(1:18 - 1st) (Shotgun) J.Allen pass incomplete short right to Z.Moss (Z.Cunningham).

Giving touches to Zach Moss killed this drive. He’s sub-replacement level and shouldn’t touch the ball until garbage time

🤮🤮

28 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Running away with the game in the second?

Watch again. If Josh doesn't find diggs with 1 minute left in the half (on a play that was blown up but Josh magically found 14), they go into the half up just 10-7.

That's hardly running away with the game, or you have a very different definition.

It's ok to admit they were out of sorts in the first but still had an awesome game. My argument holds water just fine.

Going into the half up two scores IS running away with the game. The Titans could do nothing on offense outside of their first drive.

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

Going into the half up two scores IS running away with the game. The Titans could do nothing on offense outside of their first drive.

I think that's the argument though. Outside of their first drive, our defense was pretty on point all night. Our offense had issues throughout the first half. We were even sticky with the first drive of the second half, with missed throws and penalties before the deep throw to Diggs.

5 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I think that's the argument though. Outside of their first drive, our defense was pretty on point all night. Our offense had issues throughout the first half. We were even sticky with the first drive of the second half, with missed throws and penalties before the deep throw to Diggs.

I think we're just spoiled. The offense is so explosive that when they look a little more normal, we think they are doing badly. They scored 7 in the first quarter and 10 in the 2nd. That's good offensive production, honesty.

I watched a lot of non-bills games the past two weeks and I find them incredibly dull. Offenses look bland and mistake prone.

I remember during the drought watching most other teams and thinking "Why can't we look like this? They make it look so easy."

Edited by MJS

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

I think we're just spoiled. The offense is so explosive that when they look a little more normal, we think they are doing badly.

I watched a lot of non-bills games the past two weeks and I find them incredibly dull. Offenses look bland and mistake prone.

I remember during the drought watching most other teams and thinking "Why can't we look like this? They make it look so easy."

Having prime time games the first 2 weeks was weird.

Watching everyone else made me feel like I felt watching the Bills games from 2002-2016. Poor execution. 1 step forward, 2 steps backwards. Crucial, devastating penalties. Other than some great finishes in week 2, my takeaway is that most teams suck. Just like watching the drought Bills.

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

I think we're just spoiled. The offense is so explosive that when they look a little more normal, we think they are doing badly. They scored 7 in the first quarter and 10 in the 2nd. That's good offensive production, honesty.

On your last point, it feels like sometimes we make the easy, complicated. Josh's throw to Kumerow last night which was simple but messed up, the constant return to shotgun on short conversions, not managing to get to red zone after they muffed a punt on their 25. Maybe if we put the perfect game together we'll put something like 70 up against a team considering we've had issues in both games (turnovers, poor passes, strange play calls) yet still put up 72 in the first seven quarters of the season.

Also, I think the first two games show that stats aren't everything, especially when it comes to the QB, as I thought Josh was more impressive against the Rams than last night. Not that he wasn't good yesterday, just thought he played better in week one, the non-fumble interception aside.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Nailed it.  

Adding on, this ONE WR injury points out what a lot of us have been saying, the illusion of WR depth all off season was/is a joke, there is none.  It’s Diggs and a bunch of nobodies.  Kumero exceeded my expectations, good game.

I stand by my original statement of Cook being a wasted 2nd round pick, he may be fine, but it was a bad pick for value, need and just the flat out obvious, the scouts on this team don’t know what a RB looks like. 

Really good game overall. Was really happy to see them stop selling out on the run after the first series and magically they were good all night.

There have been times when we needed them and were out bc of stupid usage.  You don’t know when wasting one will cost you a game.

Crowder looked good week 1.  McKenzie had some huge games in the slot last season.  I think we are writing off the titans as all around horrible because we absolutely obliterated them but that front 7 is nasty and they have some of the best safeties in the league.  

7 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Crowder looked good week 1.  McKenzie had some huge games in the slot last season.  I think we are writing off the titans as all around horrible because we absolutely obliterated them but that front 7 is nasty and they have some of the best safeties in the league.  

I agree we have some inside WRs, but aside from Diggs and Davis, there’s nobody that’s more than replacement level outside and that’s making the assumption that Davis is more than he has produced thus far in his career.  The Titans are a solid team, I think they are kinda like catching KC early in the year last season.  They are obviously not where they want to be yet.

7 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I agree we have some inside WRs, but aside from Diggs and Davis, there’s nobody that’s more than replacement level outside and that’s making the assumption that Davis is more than he has produced thus far in his career.  The Titans are a solid team, I think they are kinda like catching KC early in the year last season.  They are obviously not where they want to be yet.

Oh yea everything else was a train wreck for them…but that defense presented some challenges last night.  Their front 7 was dominant early on which is the kind of game we usually lose since it makes us completely one dimensional. 

13 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Oh yea everything else was a train wreck for them…but that defense presented some challenges last night.  Their front 7 was dominant early on which is the kind of game we usually lose since it makes us completely one dimensional. 

Yeah, their Front 7 is definitely a good one. If they can get their O going, they will not be fun to deal with later in the year.  I found the strategy of the Bills very interesting last night, completely selling out to stop the run in the first series, and then backing right off from there on out.  I wonder if it wasn’t a “don’t let Henry get going and we will deal w Tannehill from there” type of mind game. I was pleasantly surprised to see the Bills limit them from there.  They really managed to keep Henry from being a factor even in the Base D without some of the better players on the field.  That was impressive, if they can control the run like that all year, the cover 2 with good pressure up front will make things tough for teams all year.  

7 hours ago, zow2 said:

It's easy to praise everyone and everything about this team right now...but for fun, i was trying to find some things to nitpick.  Anyone see anything? 

I think it was 24-7, then the muffed punt.  I was expecting Buffalo to pound the rock, kill some time and score.  Instead, Allen passed three straight times and had two knocked down at the line and they settled for a FG.  It was a very rushed series and not a smart series of plays.  That's about all i could find.

MOSS!  We need our BEST RB on the field more, and it's NOT Moss.  Devin is better in every aspect of the game, and Cook needs more reps out of the backfield as a runner and receiver.  

Devin should be touching the ball in the run game at least 10-12 times before we start thinking about other guys getting carries.  

2 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

On your last point, it feels like sometimes we make the easy, complicated. Josh's throw to Kumerow last night which was simple but messed up, the constant return to shotgun on short conversions, not managing to get to red zone after they muffed a punt on their 25. Maybe if we put the perfect game together we'll put something like 70 up against a team considering we've had issues in both games (turnovers, poor passes, strange play calls) yet still put up 72 in the first seven quarters of the season.

Also, I think the first two games show that stats aren't everything, especially when it comes to the QB, as I thought Josh was more impressive against the Rams than last night. Not that he wasn't good yesterday, just thought he played better in week one, the non-fumble interception aside.

i wondered about the shot gun all the time on short yardage, but i think it was because tenn was just hell bent on being aggressive up front on D.  constantly shooting gaps, daring us to make big plays.

the big difference of this bills team this season vs any other, is we look like we can make the big play within the scheme of our O at a high level of efficiency.  the number of just 20-40 yard ropes that came out of now where for first downs (mind you, not much YAC) was great.

that's my negative, not much YAC.

This will sound like I'm complaining about a team that I never dreamed we'd have - but the Bills are playing SLOPPY football so far in 2022.

In a way, I love it. Because you can clean that up, and we're demolishing teams even with the mistakes. But so far, there have been a few too many penalties and some overall lack of discipline.  I don't see this as a well-oiled machine yet.

But the fact that they're so good they can not only overcome that, but thrive, is amazing.  

Vanroten at center, you could see visibly the snaps being off... as if josh wasnt as comfortable as he is with morse... 

better "kill the clock" management as mentioned by the OP on the 2 batted ball series ending in 3points. 

shakir missing the block that davis otherwise makes. 

thats about it. 

6 minutes ago, Success said:

This will sound like I'm complaining about a team that I never dreamed we'd have - but the Bills are playing SLOPPY football so far in 2022.

In a way, I love it. Because you can clean that up, and we're demolishing teams even with the mistakes. But so far, there have been a few too many penalties and some overall lack of discipline.  I don't see this as a well-oiled machine yet.

But the fact that they're so good they can not only overcome that, but thrive, is amazing.  

It says a lot but we really don't know how good this team is yet until they play another serious contender which could be this week.

I think the Titans window has closed although in the AFCS it could be one of those years where a 7-10 team wins the division and makes the playoffs.

Rams I think are still a very legit team as the defending world champion but they almost blew the game last week against a bad falcons team that most feel will be in the #1 overall pick conversation this year and time will tell if the Rams are still elite or not.

Either way it's a good time to be alive and enjoy this ride because personally I've waited since the mid 90's for this type of team again.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.