Other than some injuries, is there anything NOT to like about last night?!?

zow2

It's easy to praise everyone and everything about this team right now...but for fun, i was trying to find some things to nitpick.  Anyone see anything? 

I think it was 24-7, then the muffed punt.  I was expecting Buffalo to pound the rock, kill some time and score.  Instead, Allen passed three straight times and had two knocked down at the line and they settled for a FG.  It was a very rushed series and not a smart series of plays.  That's about all i could find.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

3rd and 4th and short play calling 

Yeah, they seemed to be in 3rd and short alot of the time. Something to work on, but with a new OC, and Van Roten having to step in at center its understandable to struggle there. Plus very few runs up the middle with Simmons playing stout all night. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Just being picky here because overall it was a great performance 

1. Wasted challenge by McD

2. Too many penalties

3. Failed 4th and 1 looked disorganized - Allen or McD should have called TO
4. Too much shotgun on 3rd and 1

5. Cook and Shakir have a long way to go

Yeah Cook.  I was glad he got several carries in a live game when there were no consequences for any mistakes.  Hard to really trust him yet.  He looks like a fumble waiting to happen when he gets hit.

There really hasn't been anything to complain about these first two games. The bad plays are so far and few between that it doesn't matter as the Bills have been so dominant. Only thing that sucked in week 2 was the rest of the division won. The all blues still look like poop. Should have been blue over white last night. If the only thing I can B word about is the uniforms then I really have nothing to B word about. Bills won and that is all that matters. Well that and getting healthy.

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah, I mean.... Take the final score out of the equation, and the offense looked out of sorts for most of the first half.

Especially that first quarter, the team looked incredibly average. Josh made some hasty decisions, even had a couple "hero ball" moments with a near fumble and a sack. Trying to break the game open.

At the end of the first, when McD spoke to the team, they seed to calm down and execute better.

Once halftime happened, though... Sheer domination. But if we have a bad quarter or half against some better teams we might get behind on the scoreboard. The Titans can't score at will, but some of our AFC competitors can.

But overall a very enjoyable dismantling of a team we've had trouble with recently. Was very happy to see them shut down Henry, and nice also to see the LBs make a big impact on the game. Also, rookie schmookie when it comes to corners. Even after Dane got hurt, Elam and Benford played really well overall.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

For those talking about the challenge... Whoever controls the videos that are replayed on the big screen failed McD. That one's not on him. They only showed one view on the screen and you couldn't tell from it whether or not the second foot came down. McDermott waited til the absolute last second to throw the flag and you could tell he was very hesitant to throw it. 

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Beach said:

the time out by the Bills when the Titans would have jumped Offside.  If the delay of game happened we woulda still been kicking a short field goal.

Preventing the delay of game by calling the TO with 1 second on the playclock enabled the Bills to still go for it on 4th/short.

Which resulted in a TD.

McD did nothing wrong there; it was just unfortunate timing with that moron jumping offside with .5 seconds left on the playclock.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Yeah, I mean.... Take the final score out of the equation, and the offense looked out of sorts for most of the first half.

Especially that first quarter, the team looked incredibly average. Josh made some hasty decisions, even had a couple "hero ball" moments with a near fumble and a sack. Trying to break the game open.

At the end of the first, when McD spoke to the team, they seed to calm down and execute better.

Once halftime happened, though... Sheer domination. But if we have a bad quarter or half against some better teams we might get behind on the scoreboard. The Titans can't score at will, but some of our AFC competitors can.

But overall a very enjoyable dismantling of a team we've had trouble with recently. Was very happy to see them shut down Henry, and nice also to see the LBs make a big impact on the game. Also, rookie schmookie when it comes to corners. Even after Dane got hurt, Elam and Benford played really well overall.

Which makes sense. McD said he told the team to calm down. They were too hyped and all pressing too hard to make a big play at the hyped up home opener instead of playing loose and doing their jobs. I give McD credit for getting the team calmed down and playing better, but as others have noted, some of the coaching miscues were the main issues of the game.

23 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I suspect that might have been a "strategic" challenge.

They were going to take a timeout, and why not challenge instead.

Agree. I really thought that was a chance to give the D a rest.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.