Bucs sign Beasley

aristocrat

On 9/22/2022 at 12:57 AM, Nelius said:

Even in this thread the consensus seems to be that he clearly lost a step. Well, he clearly lost that step an entire year ago. I highly doubt he's improved since then.

Compared to a year ago (12 months) he MAY be improved. Some of the issue may have been hits he took in training camp and first two games of the season and concentrating on things other than football. He will be like the spray can you shake and get last bit before can is emptied.

Beasley, outside of JA17, was my favorite player for the Bills in 2019 and 2020.  The Thanksgiving 2019 game, as I ran back and forth between the house and the smoker (smoked two turkeys, each with crispy skin) is a personal favorite.

He got hurt and lost a step or two.  I'm not even weighing in on the COVID thing.  I'm 51 now, and while am back into pretty good shape again, I'm not running the mill or the street as I used to.  I'm glad that he latched on for an opportunity this season.  I think that he's a good dude who has his own POV, which I respect, but you can't expect miracles in terms of physicality as you grow older.  Godspeed to Beasley, well, unless he screws us in the SB, at which point I will harsh on him for his COVID stance (HAHA).

• Like (+1) 2

Beast will be playing today not sure how much chemistry he will have with TB 12 but i will be routing for him he was one of my favorite players no only for his play on the field but because he wasn't afraid to tell it like it is & i'm sure Tommy will find him more than once because he knows Bease history getting open so it wouldn't surprise me if he had a big game .

Beasley 3 catches 12 yards and a hilarious chew out by Brady on a 3rd down slant where he was wide open but didn’t run through the lead pass and ended up stumbling for a 5 yard play instead of what should have been at 10-12 yard play. At least his new short hair looked nice. 😀

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Locomark said:

Beasley 3 catches 12 yards and a hilarious chew out by Brady on a 3rd down slant where he was wide open but didn’t run through the lead pass and ended up stumbling for a 5 yard play instead of what should have been at 10-12 yard play. At least his new short hair looked nice. 😀

I didnt expect much.  He doesnt have much time in that offense.  There is a reason he was unemployed and had to continually beg Brady for a job though.  Beasley is on the downside of his career.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/24/2022 at 3:48 PM, Bills2022 said:

Beasley now on the active roster.  I won't be shocked if he puts up 100 yards and 2 TD's tomorrow.  He might be WR1 for Brady tomorrow.  

A healthy Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Julio Jones, and Cole Beasley is not easy to defend with Brady throwing the ball, especially if you have a banged up secondary. 

On 9/24/2022 at 4:08 PM, BullBuchanan said:

Considering he has a career average of 3.4 TDs per season and 38.3 yards per game, I'd say that's pretty unlikely. I'm happy to offer you +300 on it though if you'd like :)

It's too bad you didn't accept my offer. It turns out your prediction was only 88 yards and 2 TDs short as I expected. That 4/12/0 is right on cue for a 33 year old has-been.

On 9/24/2022 at 1:48 PM, Bills2022 said:

Beasley now on the active roster.  I won't be shocked if he puts up 100 yards and 2 TD's tomorrow.  He might be WR1 for Brady tomorrow.  

A healthy Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Julio Jones, and Cole Beasley is not easy to defend with Brady throwing the ball, especially if you have a banged up secondary. 

So yeah that didn’t happen

On 9/24/2022 at 3:48 PM, Bills2022 said:

I know I shouldn't "feed the troll" but I just wanted to point out..."This Aged Well" LOL

3 receptions on 4 yards for 12 yds not what you expected?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.