Bucs sign Beasley

aristocrat

This is pretty funny.  I do like Bease though and wish him the best.  I'm sure it gets better from here.

22 hours ago, Success said:

I'm already keeping a wary eye on the Bucs. 

Maybe I'm soft, but it's hard for me to look forward to a SB against that team, with that QB.  Too many years - he's still the monster in the closet for me.

Sure, it would be the ultimate to finally beat him in a game like that (and feel a lot like our win over the Pats last year in the WC).  But is it worth 2 weeks of talking heads talk about how one-sided Brady's record is against the Bills, and all of that baggage?

Just give me a normal SB, psychologically.  That will be stressful enough.

I'd love a SB vs the Bucs.  It's one of the few teams we would have the "revenge factor" against.  They beat the Bills in that heartbreaker last season.  It would also be magical to come full circle after the forever long drought, Brady/Pats dominance over Buffalo and then to finally win the SB and have it be over Brady.  It would be surreal.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, zow2 said:

This is pretty funny.  I do like Bease though and wish him the best.  I'm sure it gets better from here.

I'd love a SB vs the Bucs.  It's one of the few teams we would have the "revenge factor" against.  They beat the Bills in that heartbreaker last season.  It would also be magical to come full circle after the forever long drought, Brady/Pats dominance over Buffalo and then to finally win the SB and have it be over Brady.  It would be surreal.  

Afterwards Brady actually retires into the sunset after passing the torch to Allen and Da Bills!!

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/20/2022 at 3:38 PM, Success said:

I'm already keeping a wary eye on the Bucs. 

Maybe I'm soft, but it's hard for me to look forward to a SB against that team, with that QB.  Too many years - he's still the monster in the closet for me.

Sure, it would be the ultimate to finally beat him in a game like that (and feel a lot like our win over the Pats last year in the WC).  But is it worth 2 weeks of talking heads talk about how one-sided Brady's record is against the Bills, and all of that baggage?

Just give me a normal SB, psychologically.  That will be stressful enough.

Bucs offense is not looking very good so far…that defense has certainly bailed them out though.  Pretty surprising they’re 2-0 right now 

• Agree 1

On 9/20/2022 at 9:21 AM, HOUSE said:

This is another Edelman for Brady. You will hearing Beasley's name alot this year .  I wanted him back but I guess it wasn't to be...

"I don't wanna talk about this... They just signed Cole Beasley, I didn't get a call... I bet against Brady and then he signs Cole Beasley."

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ralonzo said:

"I don't wanna talk about this... They just signed Cole Beasley, I didn't get a call... I bet against Brady and then he signs Cole Beasley."

poor guy 

first Kay Adams dumps him and now Tom does. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Beasley is on the downside of his career, but he is smart.  He gets to play with Allen and then Brady.  I expect Beasley to be a major threat in Tampa.  I won't be shocked if he puts up 1000 yards and 6 TD's with Brady throwing him the ball.  

I honestly want no part of playing Brady or Beasley in the Super Bowl.  We are the better team but losing to Brady and Beasley would be unbearable. 

Edited by Bills2022
  • Like (+1) 1

On 9/20/2022 at 7:35 AM, Back2Buff said:

Him and Brady are a perfect match.  Two over the hill, self centered big mouths. 

Well if this is his last season he has the potential to finish as high as 298-85 (77.8) of course that won't happen but he will likely finish with over 290 wins and less than 100 loses in games he played. So he can do and say as he wished. Best ever , not debatable 

On 9/20/2022 at 9:02 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

LMAO…yes he declined a little…but “declined severely” is a total over exaggeration.  

It's not. Did you watch any games sober?

He was slow as crap, more than doubled his drops, was useless after the catch, ypc of 8.5 career worst and 3ypc lower than his previous two years while Allen was at his best, he broke 0 tackles, and Allen had a rating of only 80.7 targeting him. Athleticism is zapped from him.  He's 33 years old, that's what happens. 

I loved beaz and what he did for the offense but some of you need to be more realistic about players. It's okay to be honest and critical about guys on the team... including 33 year old WRs.

Beaz, thank you for your service, you were great,  but father time is undefeated and it was time to move on with more athletic options. 

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Eyeroll 1

Good for Beas but man that team went from Evans, Godwin and Jones to Beasley and Russell Gage real quick. Evans suspension aside that offense is banged up. I also thought Brady's tantrum was over the line for even him last week. I've never really seen him like that, he seems absolutely miserable. I honestly wonder if he'll finish the season, especially if things start getting rough and they lose some games.

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/2022/09/21/cole-beasley-tampa-bay-bucs-tom-brady-nfl-injuries-breshad-perriman/

"Beasley didn’t have Brady’s phone number, so he said he hit up the Bucs quarterback on Instagram.

“I’m going to be honest, I was hitting him up a lot. I slid into his (direct messages) for sure,” Beasley said. “I’m sure a lot of guys do that. It’s been awhile. He didn’t really say anything until recently.

“I’ve been wanting to play with Brady for a long time, so it’s exciting for me. I’m excited for the opportunity and just ready to get back at it. You know, it’s a humbling experience kind of waiting this long. It’s the first time I’ve never been through a (training) camp. I’ve got a lot of catching up to do.”"

Edited by chongli
  • Vomit 1

On 9/20/2022 at 5:29 AM, ArtVandalay said:

Had nothing to do with it.  He declined severely, he has taken a toll over the middle, he's 33 years old... that's what happens. 

I like Beasley but he's just declined to far, he's too slow.

Even in this thread the consensus seems to be that he clearly lost a step. Well, he clearly lost that step an entire year ago. I highly doubt he's improved since then.

Beasley now on the active roster.  I won't be shocked if he puts up 100 yards and 2 TD's tomorrow.  He might be WR1 for Brady tomorrow.  

A healthy Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Julio Jones, and Cole Beasley is not easy to defend with Brady throwing the ball, especially if you have a banged up secondary. 

Edited by Bills2022
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Beasley now on the active roster.  I won't be shocked if he puts up 100 yards and 2 TD's tomorrow.  He might be WR1 for Brady tomorrow.  

A healthy Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Julio Jones, and Cole Beasley is not easy to defend with Brady throwing the ball, especially if you have a banged up secondary. 

Well good we don’t have to play them with a “banged up secondary.”

18 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Considering he has a career average of 3.4 TDs per season and 38.3 yards per game, I'd say that's pretty unlikely. I'm happy to offer you +300 on it though if you'd like :)

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.