Bucs sign Beasley

aristocrat

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Right Shmite. Flapping his ignorant gums cost him serious cred when he had such a great thing going with Allen.

Discretion is the better part of valor.

He wasn’t ignorant, you just didn’t like what he had every right to say. Should he had publicly said it is a different discussion for a different forum. 

22 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Beasley had a LOT to do with Josh Allen's development during his first two seasons in Buffalo.

In 2021, his production dropped significantly.

I don't wish him any ill will, but I was happy as hell to see him leave.

Getting him and Sanders out of the way will allow Davis to shine and it seems his replacement from the jets is up to the task.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Folks here are probably making way too much of this. When receivers start to decline, they drop off a cliff. Jordy Nelson went from 1257/14TD to less than 500 in a  season and was done. Vincent Jackson went from 1000 to 550, Roddy White 1351 to 711, TY Hilton 1270 to 551.

Beasley is older than all of them when his drop occurred. The difference between an elite WR and a guy that isn't good enough to play in the league isn't much more than a step. I'd be floored if he's able to look anything like his 2020 or prior self. More than likely I see him pushing too hard and getting a nagging injury and he hangs them up after the year.

18 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

He wasn’t ignorant, you just didn’t like what he had every right to say. Should he had publicly said it is a different discussion for a different forum. 

Getting him and Sanders out of the way will allow Davis to shine and it seems his replacement from the jets is up to the task.

He was and is the definition of ignorant. It's his right to be so, but it's undeniable.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Pretty good, apparently. He has been wanting to sign him.

We'll see. 

58 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Yeah, that’s why the Bucs signed him because he’s slow and too old🤔

Technically, the Bucs didn't sign Beasley yet; they put him on their practice squad as an audition, to see what he's got left. 

PS players are officially FA. 

And, the Bucs can even elevate him to their active roster for 3 games to see what he's got at game speed without signing him.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, H2o said:

Tom Brady will love Beasley. That will be his new Welker/Edelman type of WR. Wouldn't be a bad grab in PPR leagues either. 

Maybe but Beasley doesnt have the YAC type of play of those guys.  I think Beasley will make their offense better but he isnt catching the ball and running 10-20 yards after the catch.

6 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

The only thing he has in common with those guys is that he's a small white dude. Completely different kind of player.

A small, white guy with excellent route running ability and good hands. The type of target Brady loves. Let it go homey. It's alright. He's not here anymore. No need to still be over there like:

grindax.gif

• Like (+1) 1

I'm already keeping a wary eye on the Bucs. 

Maybe I'm soft, but it's hard for me to look forward to a SB against that team, with that QB.  Too many years - he's still the monster in the closet for me.

Sure, it would be the ultimate to finally beat him in a game like that (and feel a lot like our win over the Pats last year in the WC).  But is it worth 2 weeks of talking heads talk about how one-sided Brady's record is against the Bills, and all of that baggage?

Just give me a normal SB, psychologically.  That will be stressful enough.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

Sure, they are playoff bound, but the Eagles are looking spicy and I just don't see the overwhelming presence this season from the Bucs offense. Still a lot of season left though. 

Would be ironic if we get to Super Bowl and faced the Eagles as the only NFCE team we didn't play against yet for the Lombardi.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.