Buried in another thread - 20 straight wins by double digits

Billsfan1972

What an incredible streak.

Now comes the obvious rebuttal.....  Have lost one possession games almost every other time (Arizona hail mary, Pitt, TB, Tenn, Jax, NE in hurricane).

Blown out only by Tennessee and Indy over that time period (oh and KC handled them by 9 in 2020).

Maybe time to squeak out a 3-4 point win?😜

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

• Billsfan1972 changed the title to Buried in another thread - 20 straight wins by double digits

I don't think we realize that the Bills are a historically great team...they are doing things that either no team has ever done before in the history of the NFL or only one or two teams have done...and they make it look easy.  Now they just need to win it all to take their place among the best teams in history.  50 years from now they will be still talking about this team if we do.

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I don't think we realize that the Bills are a historically great team...they are doing things that either no team has ever done before in the history of the NFL or only one or two teams have done...and they make it look easy.  Now they just need to win it all to take their place among the best teams in history.  50 years from now they will be still talking about this team if we do.

Sounds like a plan, but a long way to go as we are 2 weeks into this year.  

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

Definitely amazing stuff here, but I want this team to be able to win a close game and hope that opportunity comes sooner than later and not in the playoffs.

i'd rather just have them blow everyone out of the water and rest the starters again.  very likely could happen this weekend.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Somebody on this board (ahem) predicted well over a season ago that we were about to enter an era of Bills domination.  I believe this record reflects that.

I am unconcerned with "needing to win a close game" because I think those are usually a crap shoot.

These Bills now have an identity and killer instinct to put teams away.

42 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Hey Turk, I really hope you're right but it all comes down to winning the Super Bowl or everything else in meaningless.

The 2007 Patriots had the greatest regular season ever, they went 16-0 and ultimately won 18 games in a row.  Had the highest point differential in history, +315.  They had 12 games where they scored more than 30 points, again the most in NFL history.  Four consecutive games won by 20 at the start of a season, most ever.  And then they lost to the Giants in the Super Bowl.  They would be considered the greatest NFL team ever if they had won that Super Bowl.  Now they don't even get talked about very much.

Let's hope the Bills can have a season like the 2007 Pats and finish it the right way.  It would be incredible to have the 2022 Bills team become legendary.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

They have been historically great regardless. 

Yea people overlook this far too often…football is such a high variance sport with its single game elimination playoff format that if you’re looking on an individual season basis the best team doesn’t always win the Super Bowl. That certainly doesn’t take away from how good the team was…it takes a bit of luck to win the Super Bowl 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Hey Turk, I really hope you're right but it all comes down to winning the Super Bowl or everything else in meaningless.

The 2007 Patriots had the greatest regular season ever, they went 16-0 and ultimately won 18 games in a row.  Had the highest point differential in history, +315.  They had 12 games where they scored more than 30 points, again the most in NFL history.  Four consecutive games won by 20 at the start of a season, most ever.  And then they lost to the Giants in the Super Bowl.  They would be considered the greatest NFL team ever if they had won that Super Bowl.  Now they don't even get talked about very much.

Let's hope the Bills can have a season like the 2007 Pats and finish it the right way.  It would be incredible to have the 2022 Bills team become legendary.

Right but they won quite a few other superbowls during Brady’s tenure though lol on an individual season basis winning the superbowl is a very tough task even for the obvious best team in the league. A single game elimination playoff format is so high variance and you need some good fortune (see the David tyree helmet catch) 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.