688 games started by our own draft picks since 2017

BillsFan619

They showed this stat towards the end of the game. It’s the most games by any team in the NFL since 2017. That’s the process, Mafia!

Beane drafts them. McD develops them and turns them into winners. What a front office, what a team!

72-17 the last two weeks against the SB champs and the #1 seeded AFC team.

The Bills are for real and much of it has to do with these two.

Go Bills!!!

8ACDC349-6556-40CB-9979-D35008C7A788.jpeg

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Yeah, but what about that one time when Beane traded up in the 2nd to draft Cody Ford and traded Ford away for a 5th?

I read it right here on TSW that a good GM would never make a mistake like that. 

NOTE: This is sarcasm - put your pitchforks away. 😀

Honestly, the transformation of this team has been amazing.  Look at last night’s performance, while missing our CB1, CB2, DT1, DT3 and WR2.  We have so much depth that we can compete while missing 4 starters and a key part of our DL rotation. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

They showed this stat towards the end of the game. It’s the most games by any team in the NFL since 2017. That’s the process, Mafia!

Beane drafts them. McD develops them and turns them into winners. What a front office, what a team!

Go Bills!!!

That doesn't include players like Wyatt Teller and Ray Ray McCloud that got drafted and cut that are on other teams now either playing regularly. Even more impressive

• Agree 1

It's funny, when they announced McDermott as the new coach I was completely ambivalent about it.  I didn't know much about him and frankly was just worn down by the carousel of bad coaching hires at OBD and being trapped as a fan of this hopelessly dysfunctional franchise.  Witnessing the Rex Ryan implosion didn't help any.  

But hiring McDermott was the turning point.  I didn't know it at the time, but when that pasty, bald guy did his introductory press conference, that was the moment this franchise changed.  He brought in Beane and the rest is playing out right now. 

I think they are the best coach / GM duo in the NFL.  I think this franchise will be in good shape for a long time with Beane and McDermott at the helm.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6

16 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I recall how Schopp and The Bulldog assumed it was another coaching miss. For two years he came on their show to answer questions after games, and they were quite prickly to him. One day he hung up on them, and then next season no more MCDermott on their show. Lol.

They may be the worst sports talk duo I've ever listened to. I used to do a lot of driving through the country for travel and I would always put other cities sports talk on. They are all infinitely better than those two. I know that's not ground breaking but I haven't listened to them in years. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Go Bills!!!

I still laugh at all the stupid threads during both the regular season and offseason of the past 2 years of people crapping on these 2 and even wanting them fired.  And make no mistake about it, those threads, posts, and comments were as stupid then as they seem now.  

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You'll notice when we win convincingly, he doesn't post on here.  He just wants to come on here to complain so he waits until we don't look good.

He ain't the only one.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Forward Progress said:

Yeah, but what about that one time when Beane traded up in the 2nd to draft Cody Ford and traded Ford away for a 5th?

I read it right here on TSW that a good GM would never make a mistake like that. 

NOTE: This is sarcasm - put your pitchforks away. 😀

Honestly, the transformation of this team has been amazing.  Look at last night’s performance, while missing our CB1, CB2, DT1, DT3 and WR2.  We have so much depth that we can compete while missing 4 starters and a key part of our DL rotation. 

That's what having a franchise QB does for you. And having a top 5 QB at this point. In the NFL the effect of a great QB is amazing.  As much as he was hated,  Brady the perfect case in point.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.