It's Miami Week...Squish The Fish!!!!!

eball

15 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Hyde/Poy were orig. building blocks. This won’t be easy. Not sure I ever remember entire secondary out on this (or any) team. Where’s the 40 mph wind and snow when we need it? 

It's kind of crazy how so many here are like "ho hum" no big deal. Instead, we hear about how great the McDermott scheme is. Next man up. Please, we have two rookie CBs starting with literally 2 games experience and a back up safety who is undersized.  By all accounts, Hyde was the leader and play caller sort of speak in the secondary. KC will destroy the Bills in game 6.  Luckily this week we get to face a weak armed system QB named Tua. The Bills need a healthy Tre back badly. Imho, this secondary might be the very thing that prevents the Bills from winning it all. Too early to say but it's definelty a big concern. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Vomit 2

39 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Worst part about tomorrows game will be if the Bills get a lead they will not shut up about how the phins came back in the 4th last week. 

I'll go with our entire starting secondary being out minus Taron Johnson but that's a close second.

9 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

It's kind of crazy how so many here are like "ho hum" no big deal. Instead, we hear about how great the McDermott scheme is. Next man up. Please, we have two rookie CBs starting with literally 2 games experience and a back up safety who is undersized.  By all accounts, Hyde was the leader and play caller sort of speak in the secondary. KC will destroy the Bills in game 6.  Luckily this week we get to face a weak armed system QB named Tua. The Bills need a healthy Tre back badly. Imho, this secondary might be the very thing that prevents the Bills from winning it all. Too early to say but it's definelty a big concern. 

KC will destroy Buffalo in Week 6 because no Micah Hyde?

You criticize those that are ho hum over his loss, meanwhile you’re all the way on tilt towards the other side of overreaction. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

18 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Okay you've said the same thing 50 times now. If you think this sinks the Bills season you're welcome to do anything else with your time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6

38 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Hyde/Poy were orig. building blocks. This won’t be easy. Not sure I ever remember entire secondary out on this (or any) team. Where’s the 40 mph wind and snow when we need it? 

I didn’t do the research. But i recall Tampa’s secondary last season took a hit to the entire group. Can’t recall how many games they played with backups but they won several.

39 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Thanks for the input Deb. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Go to sleep.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Logic said:

Their pass defense is rather awful. 31st in DVOA. 💩

Mostly because of the Ravens game? And/or also because the Patriots are terrible, so anything they did against the Phins counts more?

I'm always happy to wrong, especially when it means a division foe is actually WORSE than I thought. 

Keep proving I'm wrong on that point, please.

11 hours ago, njbuff said:

The Ravens lit them up and NE has the worst O in the NFL.

Not an impress barometer, but you have your opinion.

I just simply think the Dolphins D is trash and I would be surprised if Allen puts under 40 on them.

I'm happy to be proven wrong. My take on the Dolphins D is less an "opinion" and more a misguided (I hope) extrapolation from the previous regime applied to this season. By all means, make me look dumb!

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

For reals calm down.  Relax bro. Its week 2.  Let them play the football game.

• Thank you (+1) 2

So without trying to multiple-quote everyone who fairly respectfully and convincingly CRUSHED my post about the Dolphins having a good defense:

Thank you. I've never had such an overwhelmingly negative response to a post, which is saying something. When typing my respect for the Dolphins D, I was guilty of leaning on Flores's defenses from the past couple seasons...which, of course, aside from being irrelevant, ALSO had very little success doing ANYTHING to disrupt the Bills except for one half in the 2nd game last year. 

So yeah, maybe they are the fool's gold I've thought they were since turning the franchise over to Tua. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Thank you. I've never had such an overwhelmingly negative response to a post, which is saying something. When typing my respect for the Dolphins D, I was guilty of leaning on Flores's defenses from the past couple seasons...which, of course, aside from being irrelevant, ALSO had very little success doing ANYTHING to disrupt the Bills except for one half in the 2nd game last year. 

Same defensive coordinator though and Allen had one bad game and one average against the Fins last year by his standard.  No Byron Jones and hopefully a hobbled Xavien Howard changes that.  Plus, Allen has had an amazing four game stretch here.

8 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

I'm not sure what I'm rooting for more here:

- A 42-6 win that exposes Tua as a limited QB that withers under pass rush.

- A 42-30 win that gives Dolphin fans false hope of false deliverance at the QB position, only to have their dreams crushed on their December Iditarod to Buffalo. Granted, it won't be late enough in the season where it'd be the likes of Antonio Williams and Dean Marlowe doing it.

Whatever keeps them in QB purgatory for a long time.    

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

I'm not sure what I'm rooting for more here:

- A 42-6 win that exposes Tua as a limited QB that withers under pass rush.

- A 42-30 win that gives Dolphin fans false hope of false deliverance at the QB position, only to have their dreams crushed on their December Iditarod to Buffalo. Granted, it won't be late enough in the season where it'd be the likes of Antonio Williams and Dean Marlowe doing it.

I'll take 42 - 6.  Thank you.  Then Miami's 3 fans can STFU!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.