It's Miami Week...Squish The Fish!!!!!

eball

Seems like McDermott and Co are just going to wing it with depth on D tomorrow.  give everyone who needs a week off, the week off and Play some prevent defense.   They are betting on Josh having one of his usual games vs Miami which isn’t a bad thing. If they can get out of Miami with a W, the Bills can regroup and get guys back for Baltimore.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm sure there's some other thread for this but Poyer's out.  Our offense is going to have to carry the day.

I find this fascinating. I’m both intrigued and terrified. We’ve never seen a McDermott defense play a meaningful game without 1 of Poyer and Hyde.

There’s been 1 meaningful game where Hyde missed and they beat NE. Marlow and Josh Thomas filled in.

New territory.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I don't get it. The team is so good that our starters haven't needed to play a lot of snaps relative to the rest of the league and still we are down half of our starting defense and possibly our #2 WR. It can't get any unluckier than that.

When it rains it pours. Baltimore took a solid beating to start the year last year as well. Feels like San Fran has this happen every year. But you can’t uncover diamonds in the rough without first clearing some playing time for them. 

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't get it. The team is so good that our starters haven't needed to play a lot of snaps relative to the rest of the league and still we are down half of our starting defense and possibly our #2 WR. It can't get any unluckier than that.

Its just unfortunate bad luck and part of the game.  Look at how many the Ravens lost last year before the season even began.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

That’s what it is. Just unlucky. We gotta hope the backups don’t get injured or it’s a complete mess.

We’ve all known at some point the safety tandem would get younger and cheaper. JaQuan Johnson has been waiting years for a chance. Hamlin is very qualified to start in this league. 

I know it was preseason but Hamlin and Johnson showed chemistry starting together. HUGE opportunity. I repeat, huge opportunity. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.