It's Miami Week...Squish The Fish!!!!!

eball

54 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The Bills scheme may be a very good one on paper. However, you need players to execute the scheme. Missing key players and having inexperienced players is a huge concern. Scheme can only go so far. 

What is the Bills strategy on defense? Is it clog the middle and prevent problems in the short to intermediate routes? How will they defend Hill and Waddle when and if they go deep? Will they match up one on one with Hill or Waddle? What about short screens to Mosert or Edmunds who are extremely fast? Do they play a typical bend but don't break defense? Don't give up the big plays and wait for a mistake? Lots of unanswered questions and unknowns about how this depleted Defense is going to perform. It's not a given what the defensive game plan and or scheme will be. It's not a goven the youngsters will step up. In fact, it's more likely the elite receivers of Miami do what they do. If Tua continues to take the next step the Bills will have a very competitive game in Miami. Bills coming off a short week, injuries, and facing a confident Miami team that has nothing lose and everything gain. 

But what about when the Bills are on offense facing the worst ranked Dolphins defense?  

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Process said:

Ouch

That's a really ugly injury report, but as long we don't see Josh Allen's name on it, the Bills should be OK.  I have to believe Knox and Morse will play since both re-entered the game on Monday after sustaining their injuries.  Oliver being out again is a bit of a surprise...

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

I agree with him that Jaquan is ready, but I wonder how much of this is just a  former ‘Cane supporting another. I guess what lends this more credibility is that Mongo played here and saw Jaquan day-to-day. 

True, but what gives it less credibility is that Mongo tweeted it 😉

30 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Tua has played 25 games so far.  In those approximately 100 quarters of football, he has looked like an top end QB in 1.  His own team was looking to replace him (with a serial sexual predator) as recently as a few months ago.  The hype train has been fueled by 1% of his quarters of play while the doubts are a result of the other 99%.    I realize this is a bit of an exaggeration and that Tua has had a few nice plays mixed into his overall sub par career, but even his own team and their fans would not have told you he was the answer at QB until the most recent quarter of football.  

The NFL is the ultimate "what have you done for me lately?" hot-take machine.  Damn the 99%, I just saw him do something!

1 minute ago, mannc said:

That's a really ugly injury report, but as long we don't see Josh Allen's name on it, the Bills should be OK.  I have to believe Knox and Morse will play since both re-entered the game on Monday after sustaining their injuries.  Oliver being out again is a bit of a surprise...

sprained ankles can take a while

For all this talk about injuries, why so little mention of Miami’s? They haven’t come close to stopping Allen with a healthy Howard and Jones the last two years. And their OL is less than 100% going up against one of the best fronts in the league at the moment.

Key injuries often have a way of galvanizing a team and I can see the vets on this defense rallying around the next men up and proving a point. 

As for Tua and Co., I’ve never seen an offense gain so much hype for one good quarter of football where the QB joined the illustrious Matt Flynn in the record books. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

I want to believe that Poyer plays too.

• Agree 1

Effff-  so do we start Settle (if he even plays) next to Daquon and have Bryant and Brewer rotate in?  The only 3T of the 4 is Brewer.  I assume we’ll  play Rousseau/Basham at the 3T on obvious passing downs.  

losing Ed and Phillips really hurts 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.