It's Miami Week...Squish The Fish!!!!!

eball

2 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

If Howard plays man on Diggs, he'll be in for a long day since he's nursing a groin injury. And the last time they put Needham on McKenzie, he torched him all game long. I also believe this particular D line of the phins will be the easier one compared to the last 2 we faced

I agree.  Miami tends to play mostly man to man.  It would seem that this is one time to implement some more zone.

It's one of the things I'm looking forward to finding out which they use.  I'm sure Josh and Dorsey have a plan for both.

56 minutes ago, Beast said:

Again, the Bills offense will be the Bills offense. They aren't going to change up based on we have injuries on the defensive side of the ball. 

Do you think if we were playing the Chiefs that they would run the ball more to keep it away from our offense if they had players out on defense?

Of course not. To think so is silly.

"The Bills offense is the Bills offense." What does that mean? Does the offensive game plan remain constant? Doesn't matter what the opponent is? Or game score? Come on man...

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

You confident Elam can match up with either of Miami's receivers? I'm not. He's a rookie, unproven, and matching up against an elite WR. That doesn't instill confidence. Everyone is banking on a creepy Tua and a Bills pass rush. We will see how it plays out. All I know is the Dolphins have a glaring Bills hole to try to expose. Hyde out certainly makes a huge difference too. The safety net is 50% gone. 

At this point, in our secondary Hyde being out is the only problem. Johnson been here a few years he should know what to do. I’m sure it will be a drop off but I believe this staff will have him ready. As far as going from Jackson to Elam think of it this way, Jackson started the only game Tyreek burnt this team the past few years. It was his only start against him as well, so that kind of makes ya worry. If Elam has a solid game this team might come out of this situation better moving forward. We got a lot of talent in our secondary, it’s hard to prove anything until you get on the field.  I’m not worried that that is happening against good players, it’s week 3 and we have a long season ahead of us. I also have faith in our O 

Edited by BananaB
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I agree.  Miami tends to play mostly man to man.  It would seem that this is one time to implement some more zone.

It's one of the things I'm looking forward to finding out which they use.  I'm sure Josh and Dorsey have a plan for both.

Josh will absolutely kill them if they play man all day long.  I'd expect him to throw for 3 and run for 2 more in that scenario and go for over 400 total yards.

19 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Even with the injuries I trust our Team to score more at the end of the day.

I’m ready to put some Faith in Benford and Elam to hold their own! Mcd will have a plan to limit any big plays. 

Also, Jaquan Johnson was awesome in camp and preseason.  Kid has a great mind and instincts.  Only concern is his speed in the open field against a guy like Hill.  Will be interesting to see how it shakes out on Sunday.  

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, BananaB said:

At this point, in our secondary Hyde being out is the only problem. Johnson been here a few years he should know what to do. I’m sure it will be a drop off but I believe this staff will have him ready. As far as going from Jackson to Elam think of it this way, Jackson started the only game Tyreek burnt this team the past few years. It was his only start against him as well, so that kind of makes ya worry. If Elam has a solid game this team might come out of this situation better moving forward. We got a lot of talent in our secondary, it’s hard to prove anything until you get on the field.  I’m not worried that that is happening against good players, it’s week 3. 

Week 3 is week 3. That shpuld be the focus of this team. Every win is important. The Bills defenaive injuries probably will have a negative impact on the game. The Bills best hope is the Bills offense. I'm confident the Bils can score plenty of points. If this depleted secondary severely limits the Dolphins offense the rest of the league should be on double notice. 

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Week 3 is week 3. That shpuld be the focus of this team. Every win is important. The Bills defenaive injuries probably will have a negative impact on the game. The Bills best hope is the Bills offense. I'm confident the Bils can score plenty of points. If this depleted secondary severely limits the Dolphins offense the rest of the league should be on double notice. 

For me, they don't need to "severely" limit the Dolphins, just play well.  I don't like giving scores as it has so much to do with how the game

unfolds BUT if a gun was to my head, I'd say the over under on the D playing well with these injuries is 24-27 points.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Gonna have injuries at some point in the year, might as well be week 3. 😝 

Did we lose this week already? *****! it’s like no one has faith at all in this coaching staff. Players are constantly stepping up for this team and when another guy gets dinged up the fans still have a meltdown. It’s one week early in the season. We have a great offense that can take alot of pressure off this D, regardless of who is on the field. 

Seems to me this puts more pressure on the Fins. The amount of hype they are getting over one good Tua quarter has even FilthyBeast and Gene saying "Woah slow down that's a lot of Miami hype".  Imagine the verbal beat down we will unleash on Finheaven if they can't even beat us with 3/4 of our starting secondary out. 

Can't wait! 

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.