It's Miami Week...Squish The Fish!!!!!

eball

10 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I think this is going to be a pretty wild game. The dolphins aren’t going to just sit back on defense. I am curious how the offense does against a blitz heavy attack. I hope we see a lot of big plays on offense! 

You’re curious about what Josh does against a blitz heavy attack? Go back to the beginning of the 2020 season, watch every game and then do the same for last season. You will learn two things: Josh absolutely destroys blitz heavy schemes and why teams seldom do it anymore. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

You’re curious about what Josh does against a blitz heavy attack? Go back to the beginning of the 2020 season, watch every game and then do the same for last season. You will learn two things: Josh absolutely destroys blitz heavy schemes and why teams seldom do it anymore. 

One of the best in the game at killing the blitz

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

The Bills scheme may be a very good one on paper. However, you need players to execute the scheme. Missing key players and having inexperienced players is a huge concern. Scheme can only go so far. 

What is the Bills strategy on defense? Is it clog the middle and prevent problems in the short to intermediate routes? How will they defend Hill and Waddle when and if they go deep? Will they match up one on one with Hill or Waddle? What about short screens to Mosert or Edmunds who are extremely fast? Do they play a typical bend but don't break defense? Don't give up the big plays and wait for a mistake? Lots of unanswered questions and unknowns about how this depleted Defense is going to perform. It's not a given what the defensive game plan and or scheme will be. It's not a goven the youngsters will step up. In fact, it's more likely the elite receivers of Miami do what they do. If Tua continues to take the next step the Bills will have a very competitive game in Miami. Bills coming off a short week, injuries, and facing a confident Miami team that has nothing lose and everything gain. 

Step away from the ledge, game hasn’t even been played yet. It should be enjoyable not something that keeps you stressed out. 

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I think this is going to be a pretty wild game. The dolphins aren’t going to just sit back on defense. I am curious how the offense does against a blitz heavy attack. I hope we see a lot of big plays on offense! 

Agreed. We haven't faced a defense with Miami's quality yet, THIS season.

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Blitz-heavy defenses gave a younger Josh Allen some trouble. I agree that this problem was fully solved last season. Hopefully that holds true throughout 2022. There was a dicey stretch even last week. It COULD happen. Never forget that effing Jaguars game.

2 hours ago, Billever76 said:

One of the best in the game at killing the blitz

I hope he stays that way and punishes them when they bring extra bodies, but also recognizes and adjusts when they don't. They like to muddy up the LOS pre-snap. Mug those gaps.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I have only my typical nervousness for this game (I get a little anxious before every game).  While the players who are already listed as out are significant players and it certainly doesn't help our defense, I still think our entire team has an edge about them and I think the D will rally around one another to pick up the slack.  Also, we are relatively healthy on O...there really isn't any reason to think the Bills can't put up at least 30 points.  Even with the losses on D, I don't see us giving up 30+ points.  I think this will ultimately be a comfortable win in the second half (similar to the first 2 games).

This seems like a popular take by many. Joe Marino agrees with this. 

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

With all the injuries, i like the Bills having a chip on their shoulder.  Especially the defense. They will want to prove they aren’t the weak link.  I think these guys will ball out and play well.

Hope you are right. What a lot of people seem to not comprehend is that Hill and Waddle are probably the most dangerous one two WR combo in the league. Couple that with Bills starting 2 rookies Elam and Bedford with a total of 4 games of experience, no Dane, no Hyde, and a banged up Poyer. Just the facts. The Bills pass rush has to be elite to stop Miami. They are capable of being that.

Allen and the offense should be able to score often.

5 hours ago, zow2 said:

With all the injuries, i like the Bills having a chip on their shoulder.  Especially the defense. They will want to prove they aren’t the weak link.  I think these guys will ball out and play well.

Perhaps, but the big disadvantage is going to be not being able to rotate the D line often due to all the injuries.  Fatigue and cramping may creep in.

The heat and humidity will take its toll late in the game on guys who are playing more snaps than usual because their not getting spelled as often.

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Perhaps, but the big disadvantage is going to be not being able to rotate the D line often due to all the injuries.  Fatigue and cramping may creep in.

The heat and humidity will take its toll late in the game on guys who are playing more snaps than usual because their not getting spelled as often.

Bills will likely go with an 8-9 man rotation like they always do. 

If Settle is a go, you have Jones, Settle and Bryant likely at DT, with Von, Rousseau, Epenesa, Boogie and Shaq at DE.  Only question is whether they also call up Brewer again, given Miami isn’t the power run threat that the Titans are. 

9 hours ago, K-9 said:

Absolutely agree. I doubt the Dolphins will be blitzing a lot. Bot sure why that comment was made. 

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Ya know how worried I am ? 

Not At All!

Love this excerpt.  Von knows how to rev up our fan base.  “The Bills have a bunch of Killers on this team!”  Von has never played for a team with this rabid offense a fan base.  I hope you guys turn tomorrow into Buffalo South, and just drown out Miamis pathetic fan base.  Hell, my wish is by halftime the sun is coming out after some rain, the Bills are up by 17 and there is a mass exodus to South Beach by their fans.  The Bills feel like they are playing a home game, and put their boot on the throats of the fish.

So Chandman, thanks for sharing and I have one word for you in predictions that summarizes these killers “DOMINATION”!

Youll be lucky in Q4 to see 100 teal and orange jerseys in the stands.  They’ll chant their typical F Buffalo as they’ve been doing for decades it seems from me going there.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.