It's Miami Week...Squish The Fish!!!!!

eball

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Nice post. I'm just fearful the injuries combined with Miami's offense might land the Bills a little short. Allen is what really gives me the greatest hope for a win not so much the coaching staff.  

At the end of the day, its just one game.  The Bills aren't going to go undefeated.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Nice post. I'm just fearful the injuries combined with Miami's offense might land the Bills a little short. Allen is what really gives me the greatest hope for a win not so much the coaching staff.  

Oliver being listed as out isn’t helpful. And really has me thinking through some things. 

Ultimately a week 3 Dolphins game is relatively meaningless to me. We have bigger fish to fry (no pun intended). I’d rather these guys be as close to 100% in January than limp through a season and hobble through the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Few things:

1) our defense is good

2) we have given up zero points in the second half of both games.

3) I think people are underplaying how good our defense is.

4) our offense is better

5) our QB is better

I don't see this being a close game.  Maybe the fins score a garbage TD late to make the score look closer than the game really is.  I don't think either of our rookie corners change how we play defense in this game.  Would be the same either way.  Micah Hyde is the bigger missing piece this week and I still think we do okay without him.

28-17 Bills win.  I wouldn't be shocked if we score more than 35.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Fred Slacks said:

Few things:

1) our defense is good

2) we have given up zero points in the second half of both games.

3) I think people are underplaying how good our defense is.

4) our offense is better

5) our QB is better

I don't see this being a close game.  Maybe the fins score a garbage TD late to make the score look closer than the game really is.  I don't think either of our rookie corners change how we play defense in this game.  Would be the same either way.  Micah Hyde is the bigger missing piece this week and I still think we do okay without him.

28-17 Bills win.  I wouldn't be shocked if we score more than 35.  

Good points about the defense, but I can't see Miami holding us to 28 points. You never know, but the way their defense plays, injury to X, Josh and Co's current form, etc. make it hard to picture. They could beat us, but I think they'll have to score 30+ to do it. I like our chances a lot more than theirs, even with the injuries.

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

At the end of the day, its just one game.  The Bills aren't going to go undefeated.

I agree but the bad part is it's a division game.   Need to stack those. I'm sure it will be a different game we watch either way when we play in December. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Those guys are going to get their yards.  Elam doesnt have to match up.  This isnt man coverage.  What they need is to keep everything in front of them, be fast to the ball and make the tackles.  What the Bills need to do is keep them out of the end zone as much as possible.  Thats all they need to do.  We still have a top offense you know.  Miamis defense isnt all that great either.

I agree with you. 

49 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I agree with you 2xs.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Mango said:

Oliver being listed as out isn’t helpful. And really has me thinking through some things. 

Ultimately a week 3 Dolphins game is relatively meaningless to me. We have bigger fish to fry (no pun intended). I’d rather these guys be as close to 100% in January than limp through a season and hobble through the playoffs. 

Definelty agree it's important to be healthy playoff time. Also, important to peak during that time too. However, it would be nice to rattle off 3,4, 5, or more wins. At some point, maybe a butt whipping loss might be benifical too. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

How many times did the drought-era Bills go into a game against an opponent with injuries to key players and still manage to lose? If Miami fans, or Bills fans for that matter, think the injury report equals a free win, they are underestimating the depth of this roster and the coaching. Our 3 elite talents - Allen, Diggs, and Miller - are all still playing. I'm still very confident we can beat the Dolphins. My main concern is just making sure none of these injuries linger for the whole season.

Good point. Heard Peter King today mention he was at Bills training camp and said they have by far the deepest roster in the league.

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Definelty agree it's important to be healthy playoff time. Also, important to peak during that time too. However, it would be nice to rattle off 3,4, 5, or more wins. At some point, maybe a butt whipping loss might be benifical too. 

Why? Does this team seem arrogant to you? Over confident? Needing a dose of humility? Just what is it that makes you feel a "butt whipping loss might be benifical?"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Regardless of the injuries, I do think the Bills win this game.

Our offense has been unstoppable since this end of last year (including the playoffs).  And even before that, there is nobody they have beaten-down as bad as the Dolphins.  That includes a game where pretty much ALL of our players were backups, and Miami needed a win to get into the playoffs.

With that said, if the defense manages to hold them under 20 points... it may be their most impressive game yet.  

I've stated the Dolphins/Tua are getting more praise than deserved.  But I'm not sure I've ever seen a game where the entire starting secondary and most of the interior defensive line are out the same week.

17 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Why? Does this team seem arrogant to you? Over confident? Needing a dose of humility? Just what is it that makes you feel a "butt whipping loss might be benifical?"

No not at all. However, sometimes it refocuses a team and causes them to play better. I didn't make the statement as can absolute. We will have to see how the season plays out. I know the Bill's go to KC in game 6. Wouldn't that be interesting if they were 5-0? Long way away though. First up is the Dolphins. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.