It's Miami Week...Squish The Fish!!!!!

eball

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Bills are really short handed. If we lose, we lose. It’s not a referendum on the team or the ultimate goal. Fortunately this isn’t college football where you need to win damn near every game in impressive fashion to make the playoffs. 

It's certainly a worry that we will have reserves and rookies to defend their WRs.

Especially with half the DLine potentially out.

I'm concerned. But agree that it will do little to define our likely outcome this season.

At least we should have all the injured lads coming back over the next few weeks fairly rested. Might be good later down the line.

50 minutes ago, Mango said:

Ugh, it is like I post one thing, and it's like "what about this", I post another and it is "what about that". You are quoting my response to a poster who claimed I didn't address scheme properly in my previous post. 

Holistically, both scheme and personnel matter. That is a given. Clearly we have a deficiency in the backfield. Also a given. The Dolphins are a bit of an issue with match ups at the moment, obviously. 

But to answer your question, I trust Josh to be able to put up 40 against Miami if he absolutely has to. So I start there and work back. In a game where Buffalo puts up say, 35 points, do I think Miami matches? No, that would involve a high volume, stretch the field passing attack. And in that scenario I trust our front 7 to allow less than 35 points. Daquan Jones and Von Miller are both 10th and 2nd in the league in pass rush win rate. If the Dolphins want to air it out, I think the DL cover a lot of deficiencies. If they want to dink and dunk, they won't be able to keep up on the scoreboard. 

I think this is a more than fair post. 👍

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Bills are really short handed. If we lose, we lose. It’s not a referendum on the team or the ultimate goal. Fortunately this isn’t college football where you need to win damn near every game in impressive fashion to make the playoffs. 

Schedule after the Packers game is a joke. Even if we go 3-2 (with a win over the chiefs) the next 5 games we are in good shape. 

With that said, I still think we win by a TD+ on Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

The Buffalo Bills fans don't need to worry about that.  Sean McDermott, Leslie Frazier and the rest of the staff get paid for doing it.

They are pretty, pretty good at it.  If their planned scheme is lacking in one area, I'm sure they will have a "plan B" to minimize the effects.

This happens every game.  Have you noticed that a lot of teams do relatively well on their first drive against the Bills?

It takes some plays for a defense to decipher what the offense is attempting to do.  Once the kickoff happens, we all will

see how it unfolds.

The injuries are here, and we will see what the staff has planned.  I'm going to just add what I read from 100s of posts last week.

How are the Bills going to stop Henry?  Well, they did to the tune of 1.9 yards per carry.

Nice post. I'm just fearful the injuries combined with Miami's offense might land the Bills a little short. Allen is what really gives me the greatest hope for a win not so much the coaching staff.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, newcam2012 said:

Nice post. I'm just fearful the injuries combined with Miami's offense might land the Bills a little short. Allen is what really gives me the greatest hope for a win not so much the coaching staff.  

Miami's offense and Tua have looked like hot garbage for 7/8 of the season......

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, FLFan said:

The Bills strategy on deep passing will not change a bit nor will be hampered at all by missing Hyde.  This game will be won by the Bills by pressuring Tua and not allowing him to set up and release the ball quickly.  That is his game. As far as him standing in the pocket long enough to hit deep balls on the Bills - forget it.  The Bills front is far better than the Miami OL.  They will not be able to run.  Tua is not good when playing on the move.  The Bills front four will dominate, as will their linebackers.  Benford and Elam are very good, as is Taron Johnson.  

The fact is is that Miami has not played a defense nearly as good as the Bills, even without Jackson and Hyde.  I give Tua some credit for his performance last week, but the Ravens are not in the Bills class.  I am so sick of this chicken little crap and the canonization if Tua based on one good quarter of football, against a mediocre team.  

As as far as the Bills offense against the Miami D, not even a fair fight.  The Bills are deeper and better coached and have by far the better QB.  Doogie Howser,  Head Coach,  is in for a rude awakening.  

Your logic is sound and valid with lots of merit. We will soon see whose version of how the game goes is correct. Would very much like to see your version over mine. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

It takes a team.  It's going to be a big gut check for the guys who are needed to step up.  Offense needs to play good ball.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

What offense are you talking about the one that played for 7 quarters or the offense that played for 1 quarter?

4 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

The Bills pass rush will be the key to stopping the Dolphins offense. However, you do realize that Tua gets most of his passes off very quickly. At least that's their goal. If they are successful that will negate the Bills pass rush. 

Tua is 15th in the league in time to throw (2.73.)  Josh is 3rd in the league right now(2.54.)  That narrative doesnt really hold.

• Like (+1) 2

How many times did the drought-era Bills go into a game against an opponent with injuries to key players and still manage to lose? If Miami fans, or Bills fans for that matter, think the injury report equals a free win, they are underestimating the depth of this roster and the coaching. Our 3 elite talents - Allen, Diggs, and Miller - are all still playing. I'm still very confident we can beat the Dolphins. My main concern is just making sure none of these injuries linger for the whole season.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

How many times did the drought-era Bills go into a game against an opponent with injuries to key players and still manage to lose? If Miami fans, or Bills fans for that matter, think the injury report equals a free win, they are underestimating the depth of this roster and the coaching. Our 3 elite talents - Allen, Diggs, and Miller - are all still playing. I'm still very confident we can beat the Dolphins. My main concern is just making sure none of these injuries linger for the whole season.

The fact that these three dudes are all healthy takes on even MORE importance when you consider that Xavien Howard and Terron Armstead may not play for the Dolphins. The former two should feast if Howard is out, while the latter should be licking his chops if he's going up against....um....whoever the backup left tackle is. I checked the Miami Dolphins official website's depth chart, and they don't have a backup listed at left tackle. So...yeah.

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

further more, how many times have we had our full starting secondary and get burned just enough to lose due to no pass rush, or getting gashed in the run, or, our O put up enough points but the D just faltered enough (tenn last year) or the d was money but the O failed (jax).

in otherwords, it really does come down to the whole team effort, can't just expect a hole to cause a total loss

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

You confident Elam can match up with either of Miami's receivers? I'm not. He's a rookie, unproven, and matching up against an elite WR. That doesn't instill confidence. Everyone is banking on a creepy Tua and a Bills pass rush. We will see how it plays out. All I know is the Dolphins have a glaring Bills hole to try to expose. Hyde out certainly makes a huge difference too. The safety net is 50% gone. 

Those guys are going to get their yards.  Elam doesnt have to match up.  This isnt man coverage.  What they need is to keep everything in front of them, be fast to the ball and make the tackles.  What the Bills need to do is keep them out of the end zone as much as possible.  Thats all they need to do.  We still have a top offense you know.  Miamis defense isnt all that great either.

Except for Hyde, none of these banged-up guys seems to be seriously injured.  They'll all be back in a week or two.  Losing to Miami will suck because it breaks up the possibility of an undefeated season, but that's all.  I'm not worried about losing the division to Miami -- that would take quite a bit more than just a few injuries in week 3.  

On the plus side, image how much fun it will be to crush Miami's hopes by curb stomping them with a bunch of backups in their home stadium.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.