It's Miami Week...Squish The Fish!!!!!

eball

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

More from Finheaven:

“I do not use the title of this post lightly. But what I witnessed yesterday may have been the best regular season win since I have been a Dolphin fan. For the first time since the Marino era, this team actually looks scary. And in a good way. I could actually see the fair in Baltimore in that 4th qtr and it was a great feeling. In was especially emotional because I remember Bob Griese's 6 TV performance against the St. Louis Cardinals who were heavily favored on Thanksgiving Day 1977. It was the day I became a Dolphin fan. That year the franchise started to make a comeback because they had missed the playoffs the previous two seasons due to the departure of Csonka, Warfield and Kiick. They would go on to be a playoff team and Super Bowl contenders from 1978 through 1985. In see a repeat of that resurgence today. And I will dare say the Miami Dolphins are Super Bowl contenders right now, despite Stephen Ross and his nonsense.“

Can you imagine the insanity if Tua ever strings 2 quarters of good football together as opposed to just one?! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

For me, they don't need to "severely" limit the Dolphins, just play well.  I don't like giving scores as it has so much to do with how the game

unfolds BUT if a gun was to my head, I'd say the over under on the D playing well with these injuries is 24-27 points.

That's fair. 

16 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

More from Finheaven:

“I could actually see the fair in Baltimore."

Blah, I missed it.

image.png.0ef0b0e0c87741c6c3caf54a73e6a3a8.png

23 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

More from Finheaven:

“And I will dare say the Miami Dolphins are Super Bowl contenders right now“

image.png.b8a444dcc47733255126aa94d1a7bfec.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

45 minutes ago, Mango said:

Thanks for pointing out that football is about match ups. That is clearly the case. Not every internet post covers every point. 

I still like the Bills in this because of the same thing you said. It is also reasonable for a Miami fan to assume that with 3/4 starting DB's out, this is their best shot. Since Miami offense scored 28 points their first 7 quarters on the season I am tempted to agree with you that our defense will be a bigger problem for them than the reverse. But it is a reasonable concern/take from that poster who basically said that if their DL can get home vs Allen they stand a shot given or backfield. 

The Bills scheme may be a very good one on paper. However, you need players to execute the scheme. Missing key players and having inexperienced players is a huge concern. Scheme can only go so far. 

What is the Bills strategy on defense? Is it clog the middle and prevent problems in the short to intermediate routes? How will they defend Hill and Waddle when and if they go deep? Will they match up one on one with Hill or Waddle? What about short screens to Mosert or Edmunds who are extremely fast? Do they play a typical bend but don't break defense? Don't give up the big plays and wait for a mistake? Lots of unanswered questions and unknowns about how this depleted Defense is going to perform. It's not a given what the defensive game plan and or scheme will be. It's not a goven the youngsters will step up. In fact, it's more likely the elite receivers of Miami do what they do. If Tua continues to take the next step the Bills will have a very competitive game in Miami. Bills coming off a short week, injuries, and facing a confident Miami team that has nothing lose and everything gain. 

• Eyeroll 4
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The Bills scheme may be a very good one on paper. However, you need players to execute the scheme. Missing key players and having inexperienced players is a huge concern. Scheme can only go so far. 

What is the Bills strategy on defense? Is it clog the middle and prevent problems in the short to intermediate routes? How will they defend Hill and Waddle when and if they go deep? Will they match up one on one with Hill or Waddle? What about short screens to Mosert or Edmunds who are extremely fast? Do they play a typical bend but don't break defense? Don't give up the big plays and wait for a mistake? Lots of unanswered questions and unknowns about how this depleted Defense is going to perform. It's not a given what the defensive game plan and or scheme will be. It's not a goven the youngsters will step up. In fact, it's more likely the elite receivers of Miami do what they do. If Tua continues to take the next step the Bills will have a very competitive game in Miami. Bills coming off a short week, injuries, and facing a confident Miami team that has nothing lose and everything gain. 

You convinced me…taking Dolphins in my survivor pool.

• Haha (+1) 5

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Ugh, it is like I post one thing, and it's like "what about this", I post another and it is "what about that". You are quoting my response to a poster who claimed I didn't address scheme properly in my previous post. 

Holistically, both scheme and personnel matter. That is a given. Clearly we have a deficiency in the backfield. Also a given. The Dolphins are a bit of an issue with match ups at the moment, obviously. 

But to answer your question, I trust Josh to be able to put up 40 against Miami if he absolutely has to. So I start there and work back. In a game where Buffalo puts up say, 35 points, do I think Miami matches? No, that would involve a high volume, stretch the field passing attack. And in that scenario I trust our front 7 to allow less than 35 points. Daquan Jones and Von Miller are both 10th and 2nd in the league in pass rush win rate. If the Dolphins want to air it out, I think the DL cover a lot of deficiencies. If they want to dink and dunk, they won't be able to keep up on the scoreboard. 

• Like (+1) 1

Tua has played 25 games so far.  In those approximately 100 quarters of football, he has looked like an top end QB in 1.  His own team was looking to replace him (with a serial sexual predator) as recently as a few months ago.  The hype train has been fueled by 1% of his quarters of play while the doubts are a result of the other 99%.    I realize this is a bit of an exaggeration and that Tua has had a few nice plays mixed into his overall sub par career, but even his own team and their fans would not have told you he was the answer at QB until the most recent quarter of football.  

Edited by HereComesTheReignAgain
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

😏 Nonsense 🤦‍♂️

9 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

What is the Bills strategy on defense?

The Buffalo Bills fans don't need to worry about that.  Sean McDermott, Leslie Frazier and the rest of the staff get paid for doing it.

They are pretty, pretty good at it.  If their planned scheme is lacking in one area, I'm sure they will have a "plan B" to minimize the effects.

This happens every game.  Have you noticed that a lot of teams do relatively well on their first drive against the Bills?

It takes some plays for a defense to decipher what the offense is attempting to do.  Once the kickoff happens, we all will

see how it unfolds.

The injuries are here, and we will see what the staff has planned.  I'm going to just add what I read from 100s of posts last week.

How are the Bills going to stop Henry?  Well, they did to the tune of 1.9 yards per carry.

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The Bills strategy on deep passing will not change a bit nor will be hampered at all by missing Hyde.  This game will be won by the Bills by pressuring Tua and not allowing him to set up and release the ball quickly.  That is his game. As far as him standing in the pocket long enough to hit deep balls on the Bills - forget it.  The Bills front is far better than the Miami OL.  They will not be able to run.  Tua is not good when playing on the move.  The Bills front four will dominate, as will their linebackers.  Benford and Elam are very good, as is Taron Johnson.  

The fact is is that Miami has not played a defense nearly as good as the Bills, even without Jackson and Hyde.  I give Tua some credit for his performance last week, but the Ravens are not in the Bills class.  I am so sick of this chicken little crap and the canonization if Tua based on one good quarter of football, against a mediocre team.  

As as far as the Bills offense against the Miami D, not even a fair fight.  The Bills are deeper and better coached and have by far the better QB.  Doogie Howser,  Head Coach,  is in for a rude awakening.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.