It's Miami Week...Squish The Fish!!!!!

eball

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Week 3 is week 3. That shpuld be the focus of this team. Every win is important. The Bills defenaive injuries probably will have a negative impact on the game. The Bills best hope is the Bills offense. I'm confident the Bils can score plenty of points. If this depleted secondary severely limits the Dolphins offense the rest of the league should be on double notice. 

For me, they don't need to "severely" limit the Dolphins, just play well.  I don't like giving scores as it has so much to do with how the game

unfolds BUT if a gun was to my head, I'd say the over under on the D playing well with these injuries is 24-27 points.

• Like (+1) 1

My favorite from Finheaven:

"More fun for watching those hillbillies leave early when they’re getting crushed.

**** them all"

Hillbillies? A south florida cracker's gonna call someone else a hillbilly?

Edited by Joe in Winslow

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Week 3 is week 3. That shpuld be the focus of this team. Every win is important. The Bills defenaive injuries probably will have a negative impact on the game. The Bills best hope is the Bills offense. I'm confident the Bils can score plenty of points. If this depleted secondary severely limits the Dolphins offense the rest of the league should be on double notice. 

Gonna have injuries at some point in the year, might as well be week 3. 😝 

Did we lose this week already? *****! it’s like no one has faith at all in this coaching staff. Players are constantly stepping up for this team and when another guy gets dinged up the fans still have a meltdown. It’s one week early in the season. We have a great offense that can take alot of pressure off this D, regardless of who is on the field. 

Seems to me this puts more pressure on the Fins. The amount of hype they are getting over one good Tua quarter has even FilthyBeast and Gene saying "Woah slow down that's a lot of Miami hype".  Imagine the verbal beat down we will unleash on Finheaven if they can't even beat us with 3/4 of our starting secondary out. 

Can't wait! 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It’s matchups though not comparing overall how good a defense is.  They like to play cover 0 man which has disastrous results against us.  Our defense will be much better against their offense than their defense is against ours.  Doesn’t matter that they’ve got good guys on paper it’s still a terrible schematic matchup for them 

Thanks for pointing out that football is about match ups. That is clearly the case. Not every internet post covers every point. 

I still like the Bills in this because of the same thing you said. It is also reasonable for a Miami fan to assume that with 3/4 starting DB's out, this is their best shot. Since Miami offense scored 28 points their first 7 quarters on the season I am tempted to agree with you that our defense will be a bigger problem for them than the reverse. But it is a reasonable concern/take from that poster who basically said that if their DL can get home vs Allen they stand a shot given or backfield. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I remembered this tweet from John Feliciano while watching Jaquan Johnson play in the preseason. The time has come.

I agree with him that Jaquan is ready, but I wonder how much of this is just a  former ‘Cane supporting another. I guess what lends this more credibility is that Mongo played here and saw Jaquan day-to-day. 

Edited by TheProcess
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

This dude is such a perfect culture fit here it's crazy...he doesn't blame the coaches or anyone else for him not starting...he blames himself and looks at what he can do better and improve on.  He is going to be like Allen...just constantly getting better year over year through working his ass off.

Don’t forget Tre’s rookie year. He was CB1 Right out of the gate and was so hard on himself it was becoming worrisome. He did have some tough outings (AJ Green comes to mind) but they all do. I remember him making the game saving INT at KC that year too and just kept improving because of his work ethic. It’s one of the hardest positions to play as a rookie. I am 100% sure Tre is with both Elam and Benford constantly on mental reps and film

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

Running the ball and having a better time of possession doesn’t mean Allen doesn’t throw or the team can’t score 40. 
And I don’t think it’s correct to call them the worst group in the league. 

On one hand we have a beat up secondary so if I am Miami I am certainly going to attack it. 

But at the same time, the absolute last thing I want to do is to try and get into a shoot out vs Allen and Co right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

the fins hype reminds me of the bills when we first got rex as coach. We beat the colts week 1 and then had the pats come in (was it next week or the week after, I thought we were 2-0). Pats quickly brought us back down to earth despite the late comeback that was tried by Tyrod, the game wasnt that close. I expect something similar with the fins game.

• Like (+1) 1

More from Finheaven:

“I do not use the title of this post lightly. But what I witnessed yesterday may have been the best regular season win since I have been a Dolphin fan. For the first time since the Marino era, this team actually looks scary. And in a good way. I could actually see the fair in Baltimore in that 4th qtr and it was a great feeling. In was especially emotional because I remember Bob Griese's 6 TV performance against the St. Louis Cardinals who were heavily favored on Thanksgiving Day 1977. It was the day I became a Dolphin fan. That year the franchise started to make a comeback because they had missed the playoffs the previous two seasons due to the departure of Csonka, Warfield and Kiick. They would go on to be a playoff team and Super Bowl contenders from 1978 through 1985. In see a repeat of that resurgence today. And I will dare say the Miami Dolphins are Super Bowl contenders right now, despite Stephen Ross and his nonsense.“

• Haha (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.