It's Miami Week...Squish The Fish!!!!!

eball

This is going to be rough.  Hyde missing time is really going to make the loss of Dane that much worse.  Jordan has been the spirit of this defensive line.

I don't like where this is going.  We need Oliver back at a min and Elam better be ready

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I know that the Bills pass scheme is very good. However, isn't anyone concerned about rookies Elam and Bedford matched up on Hill and Waddle? Any legit unbiased football fan can see that's a huge mismatch. 

Bills secondary is in huge trouble. Hyde and Jackson out is terrible. Not sure the Bills can stop their offense. More specifically Hill and Waddle. Hill has a "Bill beater." This game will need to be won by Allen and the offense. 

Is Elam that much worse then Jackson? Losing Hyde sucks but we have been without him and Poyer at times before

13 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I know that the Bills pass scheme is very good. However, isn't anyone concerned about rookies Elam and Bedford matched up on Hill and Waddle? Any legit unbiased football fan can see that's a huge mismatch. 

Bills secondary is in huge trouble. Hyde and Jackson out is terrible. Not sure the Bills can stop their offense. More specifically Hill and Waddle. Hill has a "Bill beater." This game will need to be won by Allen and the offense. 

They aren't matched up on them tho.  The Bills are playing zone 91% of their snaps this year, highest in the NFL.  It ends up being a team defense strategy.  

I promise you, we can revisit this after the game and you will see you were worried about things you didn't need to be. 

Miami is not scoring more than 24.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

NBC 6 Weekend Football Preview: It's Been a Long While Since Dolphins-Bills Meant This Much

86a8aa8d7c8f2cc48b0760d8891944a1

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/sports/nbc-6-weekend-football-preview-its-been-a-long-while-since-dolphins-bills-meant-this-much/2864348/

they REALLY think they are back 

Bills 

Bengals TNF 

JETS

Could they lose all 3 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This is going to be rough.  Hyde missing time is really going to make the loss of Dane that much worse.  Jordan has been the spirit of this defensive line.

I don't like where this is going.  We need Oliver back at a min and Elam better be ready

I would say Von has been the spirit of our defensive line.  Phillips is a good hype man.  

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think we’ll hold up fine without Hyde and Jackson. Not saying we don’t need them or that it would be easy, but I think Jaquan is ready to play. That said, missing both Hyde and Poyer along with two rookie CBs might be too much on defense. And I like Hamlin and this staff’s ability to coach up the secondary, but boy that’s a lot of missing experience on the back end. 

Edit: Not at all suggesting this means we lose. Just that the defense may give up more and look a lot different. That said, I still have a lot of faith in Josh and the rest of the O to pick up the D. 

Edited by TheProcess
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I don't know why I enjoy reading the Finheaven forum so much, but stuff like this is making for an amusing Friday morning.  Just when I thought I had seen the most delusional post, another one comes along.  This guy thinks the dolphins have a more talented 53 than the Bills and that their D line and defense is just as good.  You can't make this stuff up!

PhinFan1968 said:

100% going to depend on the OL. If we can stimy, or at least mitigate that beast ass D line they have, we're in business. Especially on 3rd down.

TannDaMan17 said:

It’s not that great. Our dline and defense in general is just as good as theirs. We just need Tua to keep playing like he did in the second half last week and we will win. Obviously their defense is better than Baltimores, but they got injuries and don’t have as much talent on the 53 as we do, contingent on the performance of Tua Tagovailoa. I believe.

I don’t think those are wild takes. 

With a beat up secondary, we’ll need a big showing from our DL to help give our DB’s some slack against a good WR pair. 

The not as much talent on the 53 seems absurd. But he is right saying that whatever their talent level is is contingent on Tua keeping up pace from last weeks Q4.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Is Elam that much worse then Jackson? Losing Hyde sucks but we have been without him and Poyer at times before

You confident Elam can match up with either of Miami's receivers? I'm not. He's a rookie, unproven, and matching up against an elite WR. That doesn't instill confidence. Everyone is banking on a creepy Tua and a Bills pass rush. We will see how it plays out. All I know is the Dolphins have a glaring Bills hole to try to expose. Hyde out certainly makes a huge difference too. The safety net is 50% gone. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Dislike 2

Presuming Gabe is healthy and our offense is essentially intact, I keep coming back to the same thought:

I just don't see how the Dolphins are going to stop Josh Allen or score enough points to keep up with the Bills offense.

Will they put up points against our defense, given the incredibly banged up secondary? Probably, yes. But I watched Lamar Jackson cut through the Dolphins defense like a hot knife through butter last Sunday. The Ravens were a goal line fumble away from scoring 42 points. 

Even WITH our defensive injuries, I can't see the Dolphins scoring more points than the Bills. I firmly believe that our defense will limit their offense more effectively than their defense will limit our offense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I've been echoing similar posts. Most here Don't want to hear it. I know you are a long time respected member. Maybe your concerns will have a bigger impact than mine. 

• Disagree 2

45 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I do think the Bills want to run the ball effectively to set up the pass and keep the defense honest. In two games, Dorsey seems more committed to the run than Dabol. However, in the end it's Allen who makes this team go. 

Again, the Bills offense will be the Bills offense. They aren't going to change up based on we have injuries on the defensive side of the ball. 

Do you think if we were playing the Chiefs that they would run the ball more to keep it away from our offense if they had players out on defense?

Of course not. To think so is silly.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

I've been echoing similar posts. Most here Don't want to hear it. I know you are a long time respected member. Maybe your concerns will have a bigger impact than mine. 

Is it not okay to not be as concerned?  Some of us have faith in our front 4.  NE pressured Tua and sacked him 3 times....we can't do that?

Tua doesn't get the ball out quickly consistently...he's middle of the pack.  Allen gets the ball out quicker.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.