It's Miami Week...Squish The Fish!!!!!

eball

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I do think the Bills want to run the ball effectively to set up the pass and keep the defense honest. In two games, Dorsey seems more committed to the run than Dabol. However, in the end it's Allen who makes this team go. 

Many of the runs end us as passes due to the RPO concepts we run...most of those throws to Diggs on the outside would have been runs if the defenders weren't playin off coverage on him so much and giving us free 7-12 yard gains. Very similar to what Tom Brady used to do in NE...simply pull the ball from the RB and throw it to uncovered WR for easy yards.  Allen talked about their passing game being part of their running game.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Many of the runs end us as passes due to the RPO concepts we run...most of those throws to Diggs on the outside would have been runs if the defenders weren't playin off coverage on him so much and giving us free 7-12 yard gains. Allen talked about their passing game being part of their running game.

The threat of the run is very important. In the past, Dabol lacked that threat for too long. I think this offense has a decent run threat now. Not great but enough to be a great offense. I really liked that Allen only had to run once last game. I do think his legs will be used more vs better teams and bigger games. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

We see that every week here.  Guys thinking Bills would lose to the Rams.  Then after beating on the Rams in LA people were worried about the Titans coming off a loss to the Giants and we saw how that turned out.  Now it's the Dolphins and big bad Tua, fresh off his one quarter of good play, and the board are getting their collective panties in a bunch.  This fanbase has been down for so long some fans don't know how to react to success...next thing you know you see threads popping up about missing the losing...WTF are you kidding me???

Look, this team is good with a chance to be great.  Probably the best Bills team I have seen in my lifetime.  Don't let a few injuries to the secondary scare you when the Bills are facing a noodle-armed QB that has done exactly zero against a McD/Frazier defense in his first two seasons.  Yeah he has some fast receivers, but we have a new and improved monster of a D line to get after him, and our own Superman under center when we have the ball.

Bills by a billion.

I mean after 3 years of historically good performances over that length of time you'd think things would change...if this team can't get you out of that mindset, I don't think anything ever will.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

I love how this dude just completely ignores VON FREAKING MILLER 

Wait a minute...this guy is basically saying they just need Tua to throw 10 TD's and they will win?  Hate to say he's probably right...if Tua throws 10 TD's Buffalo are in trouble 😆

We just need Tua to keep playing like he did in the second half last week and we will win.

Tua and the team was in desperation mode at that point and that’s not normally how they run their offense. It’s usually short, quick passes. Ravens had only two healthy pass rushers for that game AND a totally depleted secondary by that point. It will be interesting to see if they go back to their normal offense or decide to let him drop back and throw downfield due to all the success he had in the 4th qtr, which isn’t his forte (holding on to the ball). 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, newcam2012 said:

The threat of the run is very important. In the past, Dabol lacked that threat for too long. I think this offense has a decent run threat now. Not great but enough to be a great offense. I really liked that Allen only had to run once last game. I do think his legs will be used more vs better teams and bigger games. 

To a degree it is.  There are some that would say anytime you are taking the ball out of Allen's hands it is a win for the defense.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tua and the team was in desperation mode at that point and that’s not normally how they run their offense. It’s usually short, quick passes. Ravens had only two healthy pass rushers for that game AND a totally depleted secondary by that point. It will be interesting to see if they go back to their normal offense or decide to let him drop back and throw downfield due to all the success he had in the 4th qtr, which isn’t his forte (holding on to the ball). 

Throwing downfield requires time...I don't think he would have it and they would quickly realize it.

18 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

lol, my favorite talking point had to be how we were going to take the ball out of Josh's hands and become a run first team because we signed a Titans tackle (as depth) that excels in run blocking!

Lol, that was great.  My favorite talking point:  the current crickets.  

Listening to every talking head praise the depth of this team is ironic

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

To a degree it is.  There are some that would say anytime you are taking the ball out of Allen's hands it is a win for the defense.

Throwing downfield requires time...I don't think he would have it and they would quickly realize it.

The Bills pass rush will be the key to stopping the Dolphins offense. However, you do realize that Tua gets most of his passes off very quickly. At least that's their goal. If they are successful that will negate the Bills pass rush. 

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I know that the Bills pass scheme is very good. However, isn't anyone concerned about rookies Elam and Bedford matched up on Hill and Waddle? Any legit unbiased football fan can see that's a huge mismatch. 

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Dane Jackson, Micah Hyde and Phillips are out per McDermott.

Bills secondary is in huge trouble. Hyde and Jackson out is terrible. Not sure the Bills can stop their offense. More specifically Hill and Waddle. Hill has a "Bill beater." This game will need to be won by Allen and the offense. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Bills secondary is in huge trouble. Hyde and Jackson out is terrible. Not sure the Bills can stop their offense. More specifically Hill and Waddle. Hill has a "Bill beater." This game will need to be won by Allen and the offense. 

We'll see.  I trust our front 4 and our defense.  The Dolphins have had one great quarter of offense.  The Ravens and Pats for the majority of their games held them.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The Bills pass rush will be the key to stopping the Dolphins offense. However, you do realize that Tua gets most of his passes off very quickly. At least that's their goal. If they are successful that will negate the Bills pass rush. 

I watched both Dolphins games in their entirety this year.  Tua is very sackable and I was not overly impressed with him.  Doesn't really look much different than he did the last year and a half, just has better weapons around him and threw the ball up to wide open WR's in the 4th quarter.  He certainly didn't look like that the previous 7 quarters I watched.  

Actually Tua is kinda middle of the pack this year at 2.4 seconds on average.  Allen is 2nd in the NFL at 2.1 seconds.

Tua also is the 3rd most blitzed and 4th most hurried QB in the league. What happens when he is hurried as much or more but without the blitzes?

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-qb.php

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.