It's Miami Week...Squish The Fish!!!!!

eball

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This dude is such a perfect culture fit here it's crazy...he doesn't blame the coaches or anyone else for him not starting...he blames himself and looks at what he can do better and improve on.  He is going to be like Allen...just constantly getting better year over year through working his ass off.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

America’s Team!

11 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Must have gotten lost on the way back from the Ravens game.

10 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

prob got confused about miami of Ohio 

3 hours ago, eball said:

I never have, and never will, understand why someone attending a game would wear a jersey of a team not playing in the game.

I work with a woman who is both a Browns fan because she lives there and she is also a Miami fan. 

I was wondering if it her at first 

never thought to look at other faces in case she lent it to a friend 

I’m sure my friend wouldn’t do THAT

And now I see I posted this here and not the Game thread 

😂 

While getting my morning entertainment from the dolphins forum, I found this gem from Monday (prior to the Bills game).  It was in the "Honest question, how does our D stop the Bills?" thread.  I guess they will have to look for a different strategy?

Monday at 1:14 PM

I'm looking tonight to see Vrabel expose Allen. Use that as a game plan and modify as need be.

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I knew their D wasn't good, but I didn't realize it was quite that bad.

I'd feel a lot better if Poyer or Hyde could go, so at least they'd have a vet in the backend to keep guys lined up properly and make sure they're all on the same page. Having Edmunds, Milano, and Taron playing is big though, they should at least make the intermediate throws in the middle of the field tough and help slow down the run game.

Hamlin and Johnson have been in the system for a while, so they should be good, and the young CB's have good heads on their shoulders. I have no doubt they're preaching 1/11th all week. Don't get caught cheating and let Hill run passed you. Who cares if you give up an easy 12 yard dig here and there, the offense will keep the pressure on their offense and the D-line will get home eventually.

Should be a fun game to watch.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

This dude is such a perfect culture fit here it's crazy...he doesn't blame the coaches or anyone else for him not starting...he blames himself and looks at what he can do better and improve on.  He is going to be like Allen...just constantly getting better year over year through working his ass off.

Best friend of mine is a Gator fan and gushed over his maturity and humbleness at Florida.   He knows the Buffalo Bills culture pretty well now and told me from the day we drafted him that Kaiir is a perfect fit for this team.  

Elam is so easy to root for.  Excited to see what he can bring to the table in a game where he and Benford will be asked to grow up real quick. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Reading through that thread and forum, Dolphin fans are clearly drunk right now. Bashing Darius Butler's breakdown of the two Tyreek touchdowns, lol.... please. 🙄 One of those plays the Ravens had just one guy covering Hill, no safety behind him, and he was 10-15 yards off the LOS. Any knowledgeable football player, fan, coach, knows you don't leave Hill out on an island man to man with no safety help. 

The reality is, the Ravens got too comfortable with their 35-14 lead and lost focus. They also really believe the heat will be a factor, it's like the Bills have never beat them in the heat among any of the last several times they've played in Miami. They're drunk!!! 

My question for everyone here though is: which defense is better; Miami or Baltimore? 

4 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

Reading through that thread and forum, Dolphin fans are clearly drunk right now. Bashing Darius Butler's breakdown of the two Tyreek touchdowns, lol.... please. 🙄 One of those plays the Ravens had just one guy covering Hill, no safety behind him, and he was 10-15 yards off the LOS. Any knowledgeable football player, fan, coach, knows you don't leave Hill out on an island man to man with no safety help. 

The reality is, the Ravens got too comfortable with their 35-14 lead and lost focus. They also really believe the heat will be a factor, it's like the Bills have never beat them in the heat among any of the last several times they've played in Miami. They're drunk!!! 

My question for everyone here though is: which defense is better; Miami or Baltimore? 

Miami has the lowest pressure rate in the NFL and I believe the highest blitz rate.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Miami can't pressure the QB and this guy thinks they have an excellent defensive line LOL.

I hear u, but we have 2 good dlines as well. Ogbah is excellent imo, and I’ll take Phillips over Rousseau. Wilkins is excellent, and Davis is a problem in the run game. All Sieler seems to do is make plays, and Jenkins is a good back up for Davis. Van Ginkel, Ingram, Flowers, technically LBs but really play edge…u get my point. Excellent dline on our side too, and how much money have Flowers and Ingram made in their careers? They aren’t dead yet. I’ll give you that their pass rush is probably a little better from their dline, but overall talent wise it isn’t that much better than ours. Then you consider Ogbah is one of the best in the league at batting balls and we have 2 of the best blitzing safeties in the league, there’s more than one way to skin a cat. We can and should beat these guys right now. Unlikely to happen in the snow…

• Haha (+1) 3

I don't know why I enjoy reading the Finheaven forum so much, but stuff like this is making for an amusing Friday morning.  Just when I thought I had seen the most delusional post, another one comes along.  This guy thinks the dolphins have a more talented 53 than the Bills and that their D line and defense is just as good.  You can't make this stuff up!

PhinFan1968 said:

100% going to depend on the OL. If we can stimy, or at least mitigate that beast ass D line they have, we're in business. Especially on 3rd down.

TannDaMan17 said:

It’s not that great. Our dline and defense in general is just as good as theirs. We just need Tua to keep playing like he did in the second half last week and we will win. Obviously their defense is better than Baltimores, but they got injuries and don’t have as much talent on the 53 as we do, contingent on the performance of Tua Tagovailoa. I believe.

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, AmishRifle said:

Does anybody think that we’ll purposely eat more clock with the offense this week given the rash of injuries to our secondary?  McDermott always talks about complementary football.  If you’re really worried about the Dolphins offense or our defenses ability to stop them, then just keep them off the field.

Nope.

The Bills offense is the Bills offense. No need to get away from that nor should they want to. Doing so would be doing Miami a huge favor.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Miami can't pressure the QB and this guy thinks they have an excellent defensive line LOL.

I hear u, but we have 2 good dlines as well. Ogbah is excellent imo, and I’ll take Phillips over Rousseau. Wilkins is excellent, and Davis is a problem in the run game. All Sieler seems to do is make plays, and Jenkins is a good back up for Davis. Van Ginkel, Ingram, Flowers, technically LBs but really play edge…u get my point. Excellent dline on our side too, and how much money have Flowers and Ingram made in their careers? They aren’t dead yet. I’ll give you that their pass rush is probably a little better from their dline, but overall talent wise it isn’t that much better than ours. Then you consider Ogbah is one of the best in the league at batting balls and we have 2 of the best blitzing safeties in the league, there’s more than one way to skin a cat. We can and should beat these guys right now. Unlikely to happen in the snow…

I love how this dude just completely ignores VON FREAKING MILLER 

11 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I don't know why I enjoy reading the Finheaven forum so much, but stuff like this is making for an amusing Friday morning.  Just when I thought I had seen the most delusional post, another one comes along.  This guy thinks the dolphins have a more talented 53 than the Bills and that their D line and defense is just as good.  You can't make this stuff up!

PhinFan1968 said:

100% going to depend on the OL. If we can stimy, or at least mitigate that beast ass D line they have, we're in business. Especially on 3rd down.

TannDaMan17 said:

It’s not that great. Our dline and defense in general is just as good as theirs. We just need Tua to keep playing like he did in the second half last week and we will win. Obviously their defense is better than Baltimores, but they got injuries and don’t have as much talent on the 53 as we do, contingent on the performance of Tua Tagovailoa. I believe.

Wait a minute...this guy is basically saying they just need Tua to throw 10 TD's and they will win?  Hate to say he's probably right...if Tua throws 10 TD's Buffalo are in trouble 😆

We just need Tua to keep playing like he did in the second half last week and we will win.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

I love how this dude just completely ignores VON FREAKING MILLER 

Wait a minute...this guy is basically saying they just need Tua to throw 10 TD's and they will win?  Hate to say he's probably right...if Tua throws 10 TD's Buffalo are in trouble 😆

We just need Tua to keep playing like he did in the second half last week and we will win.

He probably thinks Von Miller still plays for the Broncos.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

People will be comparing this Bills team to the 07 Pats, wondering if we’ll be going undefeated and could be the best team of all time.  Just like people were doing this past week.  

It won’t get much better than this ladies and gents-  just pray that Diggs or Davis don’t miss any games, we’re screwed if Kumerow is our #2 outside WR!! 🤣 

funny how the sadness brigade has been so quite.  Since the rams game

lol, my favorite talking point had to be how we were going to take the ball out of Josh's hands and become a run first team because we signed a Titans tackle (as depth) that excels in run blocking!

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, AmishRifle said:

Does anybody think that we’ll purposely eat more clock with the offense this week given the rash of injuries to our secondary?  McDermott always talks about complementary football.  If you’re really worried about the Dolphins offense or our defenses ability to stop them, then just keep them off the field.

Miami gives up the most yards per play in the NFL. Why would you do anything to help them in that regard?

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Beast said:

Nope.

The Bills offense is the Bills offense. No need to get away from that nor should they want to. Doing so would be doing Miami a huge favor.

At first yes. However, the game script game can always change mid game. 

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Miami gives up the most yards per play in the NFL. Why would you do anything to help them in that regard?

You are looking at a 2 game sample. With that premise, Tua is the best QB in the league. See how stats don't tell the whole story? 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

At first yes. However, the game script game always change mid game. 

You are looking at a 2 game sample. With that premise, Tua is the best QB in the league. See how stats don't tell the whole story? 

I'm also looking at what Josh Allen typically does to the Dolphins defense and how often we punt. We are as well equipped to win a game that comes down to outscoring the other team as anyone in the NFL and certainly more than Miami with Tua.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Beast said:

Nope.

I do think the Bills want to run the ball effectively to set up the pass and keep the defense honest. In two games, Dorsey seems more committed to the run than Dabol. However, in the end it's Allen who makes this team go. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.