It's Miami Week...Squish The Fish!!!!!

eball

I have never seen the Bills injury stuff to one side of the ball be this bad. 

Literally the entire starting secondary other than the Nickel, the two best DTs, all on a pitch count or not available. 

This is going to be like that Niners - Bills game back in the 90s

4 minutes ago, appoo said:

I have never seen the Bills injury stuff to one side of the ball be this bad. 

Literally the entire starting secondary other than the Nickel, the two best DTs, all on a pitch count or not available. 

This is going to be like that Niners - Bills game back in the 90s

Don't you remember when we had like 4 RBs hurt and were starting the 5th RB a few years ago? I think it might have been Allen's rookie year

I think the Bills will probably need to win a higher scoring game than initially thought of Hyde is out but I think the Bills are getting to 30 without much sweat and I don't think the Fins can get there against our D even with the injuries.

Edited by Big Turk

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Don't you remember when we had like 4 RBs hurt and were starting the 5th RB a few years ago? I think it might have been Allen's rookie year

I think the Bills will probably need to win a higher scoring game than initially thought of Hyde is out but I think the Bills are getting to 30 without much sweat and I don't think the Fins can get there against our D even with the injuries.

I mean do you remember when McKenzie got reps at CB.

6 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Dolphins not having Armstead would be the biggest impact in this game.

And the Dolphins D is, by far, the worst unit on the field.

Thats probably the biggest reason why the Bills are heavy favorites on the road.

Armstead has been solid in both pass and run blocking and that would be a big loss. The weak pass blocking link on that line is the center, Williams. If the Bills can get consistent pressure up the middle, it would make it more difficult for Tua to work the middle of the field in the intermediate range where Waddle has done most of his damage.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Armstead has been solid in both pass and run blocking and that would be a big loss. The weak pass blocking link on that line is the center, Williams. If the Bills can get consistent pressure up the middle, it would make it more difficult for Tua to work the middle of the field in the intermediate range where Waddle has done most of his damage.

You think it’s Williams ?  Austin Jackson is pretty bad and he’s on IR and their replacement RT is even worse.  Robert hunt is bad, eichenberg is bad.  Idk why they slid Williams to center though he’s a pretty high quality guard

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

You think it’s Williams ?  Austin Jackson is pretty bad and he’s on IR and their replacement RT is even worse.  Robert hunt is bad, eichenberg is bad 

Yeah, Eichenberg has been pretty bad - maybe the worst over the first two games - although Hunt, Little, and Williams have all been pretty bad in obvious passing situations. Tua has relied on quick throws in the short to intermediate range. He has also done ok with the blitz, but he has really struggled when dealing with pressure from just four Dlineman.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Yeah, Eichenberg has been pretty bad - maybe the worst over the first two games - although Hunt, Little, and Williams have all been pretty bad in obvious passing situations. Tua has relied on quick throws in the short to intermediate range. He has also done ok with the blitz, but he has really struggled when dealing with pressure from just four Dlineman.

Our secondary is gonna be hurting. If we can generate pressure with 4 and drop enough into coverage to take away obvious first reads I think the Bills have a real shot. Gonna be tricky to stop Waddle and Reek all game though. I see us giving up one, maybe two long plays for maybe TDs off of screens and dump offs. 

I think the Bills still take it, but wouldn’t be surprised if the Fins scored 24-28 points given their speed and how injured our defense is. 

Edited by uninja
  • Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, uninja said:

Our secondary is gonna be hurting. If we can generate pressure with 4 and drop enough into coverage to take away obvious first reads I think the Bills have a real shot. Gonna be tricky to stop Waddle and Reek all game though. I see us giving up one, maybe two long plays for maybe TDs off of screens and dump offs. 

I think the Bills still take it, but wouldn’t be surprised if the Fins scored 24-28 points given their speed and how injured our defense is. 

A real shot?

I think the Bills are scoring 30+ no matter what and I don't think the Fins are no matter what.

I think this is going to be a game where we end up being like "Damn...we are really really really good..." once it's all said and done.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

A real shot?

I think the Bills are scoring 30+ no matter what and I don't think the Fins are no matter what.

I think this is going to be a game where we end up being like "Damn...we are really really really good..." once it's all said and done.

I feel like this is going to be another game where people go "Miami is still Miami... lets see the Bills beat a real team... the real test is coming up next week"

Just listened to the Sal/Bove podcast at the gym … Bove is straight up shook ones about the Dolphins, my goodness.. 

Im just figuring we’re without Phillips, Hyde and Jackson .. but if we get back Oliver and Settle, let’s go.  I have confidence in the young guys and for as good as our DL has been, nobody has seen them with Von, Oliver & Rousseau out there for any meaningful time together.  

Edited by SCBills

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

well, I hope you are right! But pretty clear to Me no Dane, no Tre, no Hyde, and maybe Poyer. I think we really need Poyer, just for communication purposes. 

This - so much has been reported about how important Hyde and Poyer are to the young guys to get them in the right spots - now we will have young backups in there as well

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Looks like the line is up to Bills -5.5.

Yeah I get that we have Allen and Diggs, but given the fact that literally our entire starting secondary is injured, I’m kinda surprised the line is still moving in favor of the Bills.  

Might be a shootout. 
Do it, Josh!

I don’t think Vegas can get anyone to bet against the Bills, as they so consistently cover the spread. 

after listening to many a game preview, I am worried about this game for the bills. They are the better team and will win the division, but could see them splitting with Miami given their current situation with the secondary. I remind myself that the rams lost to the niners twice last year and won the SB. Just be healthy at the right time and beat the chiefs.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.