It's Miami Week...Squish The Fish!!!!!

eball

11 minutes ago, Process said:

I expect (hope) that list will look a lot better tomorrow. Hopefully Jackson and Phillips are the only guys we are missing on Sunday. 

Here it is with the guys we know should be good for Sunday removed. Looks better without as many names lol.

20220921_153919~2.jpg

But now I have Wite-Out on my screen.  Thanks a lot, man.

1 hour ago, wjag said:

Giving the guy credit is an anathema to many on this board and theirs apparently.  I went and compared the passing charts of Josh and Tua in weeks 1 and 2.  They look pretty darn similar.  Josh was completing the bulk of his passes in the 5-15 yards range.  Tua as well. And then I looked at Mahomes.  Same thing.   If Tua wasn't being discussed it would be said that Josh is playing with patience and taking what the defense is giving him, ala Brady.  But somehow on this board Tua playing very much the same type of game is mocked for throwing under the coverage.   Looking at the passes Tua threw in the 4th Qtr against Baltimore showed he can throw downfield with touch and distance.  The one TD was a 50+ air yard bomb on target.  It matters not that there were blown coverages in Baltimore.  Tua saw it, his receivers made it so and he put the ball on target 4 times.  If Josh did that we would be celebrating.  Tua clearly has the arm strength to throw it 50 yards.  In this NFL, that's all you need.  Is his arm as strong as others? Probably not.  It's arm and decision making and location that matter.  No one judges how pretty a TD pass is.  It's a TD pass.  Overthrown, underthrown, tipped, great one-handed catch, miraculous toe tap.  Matters not.  A TD is a TD.

The great thing about this week is with all the huffing and puffing from both fan bases aside, they get to play H2H.  We will know if the passing stats below will hold up.

Interesting Passing Stats:  Pretty darn even

TDs: Josh-7, Tua-7

Ints: Josh-2, Tua-2

Yards: Josh-614, Tua-739

Rating: Josh-123.7, Tua-116.5 

Comp%: Josh-75.4%, Tua-71.1%

Since Josh got pulled before the 3rd quarter was over, I think we should remove Tua's 4th quarter stats to see how they stack up with equal playing time!

• Haha (+1) 3

Watching some of the coverage on Miami kinda pisses me off.

We struggle for respect after turning things around, essentially regularly making the playoffs during the Mc D era, winning , yes being usually flawed, but often facing a sea of haters or doubt. 

Now maybe for the last year we get more love, but that year after the Texans it still took a long time to convince people we were good, and even now folks still talk about that year we played the Texans as some sort of 'bad' season for Josh. 

I just feel people are too spring loaded to buy into this phins team.

Tua looks bad for 2 years, has an AVG game versus a weak Pats team and 1 sick half versus the Ravens and suddenly they are the golden era 49ers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Well Miami is hitting us at the right time.  Fully healthy I dont think Miami would stand a chance.  With these injuries I think this game is going to be tough.

Didn't they lose a starting guard to IR?

2 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Since Josh got pulled before the 3rd quarter was over, I think we should remove Tua's 4th quarter stats to see how they stack up with equal playing time!

Yeah I thought of that imbalance.  Nothing you can do about it.  It might have leveled up the yards and leveled down the QBR and completion percentage.  Best leave sleeping dogs lie.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, RichRiderBills said:

We struggle for respect after turning things around, essentially regularly making the playoffs during the Mc D era, winning , yes being usually flawed, but often facing a sea of haters or doubt. 

Now maybe for the last year we get more love, but that year after the Texans it still took a long time to convince people we were good, and even now folks still talk about that year we played the Texans as some sort of 'bad' season for Josh. 

Tua looks bad for 2 years, has an AVG game versus a weak Pats team and 1 sick half versus the Ravens and suddenly they are the golden era 49ers. 

Tua was really good in college, and that matters a lot to people. Everyone said that he was a sure thing, and they are dying to be right about a pre-draft take for once. It's also one of the most compelling games of the week and they are trying to generate interest. 

1 minute ago, wjag said:

They have one starting OT on IR until week 6 (Austin Jackson) and their other tackle (Terron Armstead) is questionable.  CB Byron Jones is on the PUP and Xavien Howard is questionable.    

For some reason the miami injury report shows nothing but Bills players.

https://www.miamidolphins.com/team/injury-report/

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, wjag said:

Yeah I thought of that imbalance.  Nothing you can do about it.  It might have leveled up the yards and leveled down the QBR and completion percentage.  Best leave sleeping dogs lie.

Dunno.  I dont really follow them all that much.  Back in the day I use to follow like every team.  Now I just care about the Bills.  I'll watch other teams but dont really follow whats going on with their roster.

15 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Well Miami is hitting us at the right time.  Fully healthy I dont think Miami would stand a chance.  With these injuries I think this game is going to be tough.

I remember a Bills team that rolled into the 1992 AFC Championship Game down in Miami that was kinda banged up too...

https://youtu.be/LKyJO9skGcw

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

1 quarter, actually the last 12 minutes of the quarter.

I watched those Tua highlights from this week.  Most of the big gains were RAC on screens etc and Baltimore’s defense was atrocious.  It’s gonna be a ton harder on Tua this week.  His guys were wide open vs the Ravens all day.  I’m positive that won’t happen vs us.  They’re gonna have a hard time with our front 4 and everybody else in coverage.

• Like (+1) 1

Great look at how Allen and Dorsey frustrated the Titans with the RPO by constantly making the right decisions and forcing Tennessee into "no win" situations.

Also took the free yards when corners played off Diggs

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Oliver, Davis and Settle were all limited.  That's encouraging.  

Interesting cause I was listening to banged up bills on the locked up bills podcast.

And he said medial ankle sprain for Ed.

Which usually is 3 weeks

So would be great news if he's ahead of that schedule 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Great look at how Allen and Dorsey frustrated the Titans with the RPO by constantly making the right decisions and forcing Tennessee into "no win" situations.

Also took the free yards when corners played off Diggs

Allen is dissecting defenses with his reads and timely throws.  Its amazing to watch.  Its not just supreme athleticism and scramble drills anymore.  I mean, he still does that but hes also breaking down coverage like a Manning, Brady, Brees.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.