It's Miami Week...Squish The Fish!!!!!

eball

25 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

He doesn't sound like every other coach in the NFL, I'll give you that...but "really genuine"?  He can't possibly believe the crap he spews about Tua, can he?

Yeah, does he genuinely believe Tua throws the most accurate, catchable ball he's ever seen?

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

He doesn't sound like every other coach in the NFL, I'll give you that...but "really genuine"?  He can't possibly believe the crap he spews about Tua, can he?

Wonder if he still thinks that after last week where Tua TWICE in the first half on wide open short throws to WRs on 3rd downs(Hill first and then Waddle) forced them to make acrobatic one handed catches that prevented them from picking up easy first downs and forced him to go for it both times from their own side of the field...once from the 35 and the other time from I think the 45 or 46.

17 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Jamie is growing on me 

The thing that has me rolling my eyes there about the Tua/Mahomes comparison that Schrags keeps saying he's not makiing - and again, not wanting to take away from Tua having a clutch 4Q performance - but what was notable about Mahomes in 2018 was that he came out the gate firing and he fired all over the field.  He scored points in the 1st and 2nd Q, he threw to 5 or 6 different receivers, he did not throw a pick for the first 4 weeks of the season.

So sure, I agree with his point that right now, was the win over the Ravens 4Q heroics against a poor defense that put their party hats on prematurely after going into halftime 28-7 and answering back 35-14 in the 3Q?  Or does it mean Tua has genuinely taken a big step as a QB? And that beating the Bills would be a strong argument for the latter.

But I think they need to just STOP with the Mahomes comparisons, because as of right now, Tua hasn't shown he's fit to hold Mahomes left cleat.

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

There’s ANOTHER Tua?? 😳

LOL I'm taking Fitzy's word for it.  Note carefully that Fitz did not say Tue DOES excel at decision making and throwing with anticipation.  He said he COULD excel at those things.

But give the guy some credit.  He's not  completing 71% of his passes because he's inaccurate, holding onto the ball, and making bad decisions, either.

Edited by Beck Water

21 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'm not comparing him to Mahomes, proceeds to compare him to Mahomes. I guess it's less hype more wishful thinking. They're not saying he is this they're saying they hope he is because they like the story.

mayhaps they didn’t want KC fans flooding Twitter at the non mention 😝 

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I feel VERY confident when I say this, Bills will absolutely NOT give up 40+ points. So confident that I'd take a full on golden shower to the face from a complete stranger if Bills somehow manage to let that happen.

Dude, I think this wins you Fan of the Year. Strong, like bull.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Watching the Phins/Ravens replay right now is NOT making me rethink my criticisms of Tua's traits: his arm strength IS subpar and he IS small. He CAN spin it accurately within the short and intermediate areas, especially between the hashes. And he CAN scoot around a little more than he gets credit for. BUT if he cannot set his base and follow-through, he cannot push it downfield with any velocity.

I liked the last TD to Waddle, that took some moxy, but overall he looked like a plucky, lucky, kinda limp-armed little guy who got really hot against a collapsing defense.

Alabama and Sunday showed he's a fine QB for passing to guys who are college-open.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Albwan said:

I'm annoyed as hell that one good game from the dolphins and everyone even some bills media are making excuses for a bills loss to the fish?

Not sure if this is trying to hype the game, but I hope bills crush these guys - von and co sack tuna many times.

Hello ...has anyone been watching the bills for the last 2 years or so.

Im not really all that annoyed but I think its pathetic.  Who knows.  Maybe Miami really is good.  Credit to them for the comeback but they didnt even have 1 good game.  They just had 1 great quarter.  The rest were mediocre to terrible.  Too early for this hype.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Oh he's "different" all right.  I agree he's genuine because his social skills don't appear to be developed enough that he could figure out how to be disingenuous.

Now THAT's what I call a backhanded compliment :lol:

Edited by stevewin

2 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I feel VERY confident when I say this, Bills will absolutely NOT give up 40+ points. So confident that I'd take a full on golden shower to the face from a complete stranger if Bills somehow manage to let that happen.

Some people are freaked out by the ketchup and mustard, this is one tailgate tradition that I hope never gets started...

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Alabama and Sunday showed he's a fine QB for passing to guys who are college-open.

I thought he made some good anticipatory short throws to guys who were NFL covered.

2 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

That's one way to interpret that film. The other is, the ball is almost always going to the first read, open or not.

Oh, for sure.  I would like to see time to release stats, but yes the Dolphins were playing the "get the ball out fast" game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.