It's Miami Week...Squish The Fish!!!!!

eball

41 minutes ago, Magox said:

I think game time Josh outruns and jumps his timed metrics that we saw at the combines.   He truly is an athletic specimen.

I saw an interview with Josh where he was asked why he seems faster in games than he showed at the combine.

His answer:  My paraphrase: 'No one is chasing me at the combine.'

Adrenaline is a powerful stimulus.

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I gotta give McDaniel credit for not sounding like every other HC in the league with the same generic and canned responses. He comes across as really genuine and doesn’t take himself too seriously. 

Yeah he looks like an 80's drug smuggler but seems like he is a pretty good coach

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I gotta give McDaniel credit for not sounding like every other HC in the league with the same generic and canned responses. He comes across as really genuine and doesn’t take himself too seriously. 

Oh he's "different" all right.  I agree he's genuine because his social skills don't appear to be developed enough that he could figure out how to be disingenuous.

• Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Yeah, but the way he comes across now with a couple wins, I expect may be much different when the losses come lol

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Like (+1) 1

This so far has been a different Jordan Phillips than we have seen in the past.  Jordan was always a fantastic penetrator who was able to shoot gaps and disrupt plays and get pressure on the QB.   What I believed his weakness was that he wasn't stout at the point of attack and that he wasn't a good run plugger which was somewhat surprising considering his size.  But over the past two weeks not only is he penetrating but he's also clogging up running lanes very effectively.

He's been playing at a very high level the past two weeks.

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

McDaniel is the Ted Lasso of the NFL in press conferences

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

Miami has fans? Fans of Florida sports teams are some of the worst. Maybe the Lightning and Bucs have fans but that's it. The Panthers play to an empty arena most nights. The Dolphins don't draw well either. Don't get me started on the Marlins. The state is mostly people from the northeast who move down there. Lots of NY fans living in the state. Watch a Rangers game against the Panthers and its a mostly NY crowd. Don't know about the Heat as I don't follow basketball.

Ditto for Buffalo teams. Lightning season ticket holders don’t even attend Home games with Sabres. Never have. 

I'm annoyed as hell that one good game from the dolphins and everyone even some bills media are making excuses for a bills loss to the fish?

Not sure if this is trying to hype the game, but I hope bills crush these guys - von and co sack tuna many times.

Hello ...has anyone been watching the bills for the last 2 years or so.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

He doesn't sound like every other coach in the NFL, I'll give you that...but "really genuine"?  He can't possibly believe the crap he spews about Tua, can he?

• Haha (+1) 1

We are gonna kick some tail.

I noticed Tua's deep passes to Tyreek were about 3 yards underthrown, but Hill was so far ahead of the defender that he could slow down to wait for the ball and still have separation.

McDermott and Frazier will have seen it too. They will play our defensive backs very deep, and Tua doesn't have the arm strength to fire deep outs. 

I don't see them being able to stay with us.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Magox said:

It's funny you posted this because I remember this happening on the sideline during the game and I remember thinking to myself "DAMN!  Josh has got some hops on him!"

I think game time Josh outruns and jumps his timed metrics that we saw at the combines.   He truly is an athletic specimen.

Do you remember when in the game it was?  Because it's pretty impressive that Josh had that much extra energy.

I think in prep for the draft, Josh was just starting to work with the top athletic training technicians.  He kept it up after the draft, and since.  I don't know the real name of the guy he works with but in his interview with Chris Simms, Josh referred to him as "Flare (Flehr?  Flahr?) Bear", and in one of his post-draft interviews someone said it was the same guy Deshaun Watson trains with for speed/explosiveness.  So just as guys like Epenesa and Rousseau have gotten stronger and more explosive, so has Josh.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.