It's Miami Week...Squish The Fish!!!!!

eball

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

The further I go into mental prep for this Sunday I've decided that it's not Tua that I am afraid of. It's his targets. Gisecki and Hill and Waddle are a formidable groups. Gisecki can keep chains moving while Hill and Waddle are explosive threats every time they touch the ball. And this is with our top 2 CBs (White and Jackson) out for injury, meaning that we are going to need to lean heavily on the rookies. 

I foresee a lot of two high safety, keeping everything in front of us. Make Tua grind it out against what is looking like a dominant pass rush.

Respectfully,  this shld have been blatantly apparent on the surface. Tua has never put fear in Bills fans. Hes simply a means of distribution and an arguably adequate one at best. The weapons are the bread and butter and does the popgun have enough pop to get the job done. Week 1, it was like the battle of who could care less. After years of watching the bills and jets slug it out to a 17-10 game and then turning on Sunday nights game and having it look like those teams were playing a totally different game - the tables have turned. Unless its a pundit having to take the view of Tua is good for the sake of debate, no one is worried about tua. 

21 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The Fin Heaven boards are just crazy this week:

Fin fans at the half of the Ravens game: 

"Tua isn't the answer."

"Tua is not a starting NFL QB."

"Tua has not made any strides in the time he has been here. He is still making the same decisions and has the same issues he had as a rookie."

"I'm done with him...time to see what Bridgewater has,"

Fin fans post Ravens game:

"Tua is amazing!!"

"Tua is a franchise QB!"

"Tua is on the same level as Josh Allen and might even be better than him although I won't say that yet."

Comical. 

Oh I also read an argument that Josh Allen has always been “overrated” lol and yeah suddenly Tua is his equal..

I sometimes would love to know who ther person is posting that junk.. 

1 hour ago, CaliBills said:

This will be an interesting game.

It will either validate the dolphins are for real or pretenders.  And it will either continue to show how strong the Bills are or they will be brought back down to earth.

Regardless, I am looking forward to making Tua look bad again after the outlier 4th Quarter performance.  

I don't know this might finally break the Bills streak of retroactively making teams they beat terrible.

14 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Respectfully,  this shld have been blatantly apparent on the surface. Tua has never put fear in Bills fans. Hes simply a means of distribution and an arguably adequate one at best. The weapons are the bread and butter and does the popgun have enough pop to get the job done. Week 1, it was like the battle of who could care less. After years of watching the bills and jets slug it out to a 17-10 game and then turning on Sunday nights game and having it look like those teams were playing a totally different game - the tables have turned. Unless its a pundit having to take the view of Tua is good for the sake of debate, no one is worried about tua. 

And yet, there's been so much media attention about Tua's "emergence" that it bore half a second to evaluate. Obviously, the proof will be this Sunday. The Patriots held them in check with zone defense, and I believe that our version is superior to theirs. The big numbers came from a man coverage Ravens scheme with a depleted secondary. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Einstein said:

Josh Allen can jump! Look at that height.

4-B740-F24-CAA7-4192-82-A2-F21472-AD8422

It's funny you posted this because I remember this happening on the sideline during the game and I remember thinking to myself "DAMN!  Josh has got some hops on him!"

I think game time Josh outruns and jumps his timed metrics that we saw at the combines.   He truly is an athletic specimen.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Believe the bills will use a similar game plan for the phins as they have used in the past

Apply pressure to force tua to one side of the field, eliminate the middle and jump the short passing routes 

I agree. Blitz very little but we need to get middle pressure from the D-line. Flood the middle zones with coverage and force him to go to the outside throws.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I don't see the Bills defense giving up 40+ points.  If Tua has to drop back 50 times against us like he did last week, it could be a long day for the Phins.

Fully agree....

I feel VERY confident when I say this, Bills will absolutely NOT give up 40+ points. So confident that I'd take a full on golden shower to the face from a complete stranger if Bills somehow manage to let that happen.

Now just to speak on one issue I've read from some posters being a bit concerned about 2 rookie CB's against Hill/Waddle...First thing is I believe Cam Lewis will be called upon so it won't always be 2 rookies. Secondly, Bills pass rush will be a factor that will make things a little better for the secondary.

Also, majority of Fins passes are short/mid range attempts so I don't think there will be much long, chunk type passes. I could see Bills ending up with an INT or 2 because clearly as we have seen some of Tua's throws have been short making WR's slow down/stop for the ball. 

Obviously it will be a big challenge for Bills rookie CB's with their fast WR's, but I guess I'm just not quite as concerned as it seems a few other posters seem to be.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

I agree. Blitz very little but we need to get middle pressure from the D-line. Flood the middle zones with coverage and force him to go to the outside throws.

I don’t think Mia has the OL to stop our DL. We should get home with 4, play our typical style of zone defense and don’t give up the big play. 

39 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s a great Qb but their offense is not known for its passing 

Lamar can out-athlete a lot of teams but for the ones he can't, that can match that on D and play a sound, disciplined scheme(like us), he doesn't do very well.

Edited by Big Turk

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s a great Qb but their offense is not known for its passing 

Well, while that has been true and still is to some extent..... Lamar has really gotten quite a bit better with his passes it seems to me. I think while it can be said, their offense is not "known" for it's passing, it certainly is making an introduction to be more known.

I don't know, just looks like he is sharper, accurate with his passes than in the past.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.