It's Miami Week...Squish The Fish!!!!!

eball

Two game small sample size, but one thing I am seeing from this Bills squad that has been lacking is the put-away killer instinct.  Both weeks the Bills have gone up big in the second half and didn’t allow the opponent a single point.  They are punching teams in the face and then stepping on their throat.  I’ve seen so many Bills teams where this just isn’t the case and the team falls asleep once they race out to a lead…but the attitude this year just seems different.  There is no let-up this year, and they are breaking teams caught in their wake.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/20/2022 at 6:53 AM, Bangarang said:

Get pressure on Tua and keep Hill/Waddle in front of you. Double both if you have to and make Tua beat you with everyone else. 

Haven’t looked at the forecast yet. Are we in for a scorcha?

Sept in Miami. It’s close to  90 degrees, blazing sun and 75 - 80% humidity every day.  Could be an afternoon thunder storm.  

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

I would say opposite.

Rush 4 and flood the passing lanes. Not because of Tua, but because of the injuries at CB and the speed of Miami's WRs.

The last thing I think the bills want to do is blitz and leave their young corners 1 on 1 vs Hill and Waddle.

I would argue that you want to blitz selectively.  Particularly in the first game last year Tua was terrible recognizing blitzes.  If he didn't get injured I thought he might get killed.  Guys like Milano were running in unblocked.  I agree that with those receivers you want the most guys possible in coverage as a rule, but need to blitz just enough to see if Tua is better at recognizing and to get in his head...make him rush.

2 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

I would argue that you want to blitz selectively.  Particularly in the first game last year Tua was terrible recognizing blitzes.  If he didn't get injured I thought he might get killed.  Guys like Milano were running in unblocked.  I agree that with those receivers you want the most guys possible in coverage as a rule, but need to blitz just enough to see if Tua is better at recognizing and to get in his head...make him rush.

Agreed. I'm all for mixing in the odd blitz.

But I think the best strategy for the most part should be rushing 4 and flooding the passing lanes, while disguising coverages.

• Agree 1

Ref what defense to play.  I think we held out Our banged up DTs to get them healed up for the Fish.  McDermott knows that the first priority is to win the Division.  I think we use the KC blueprint with some intermittent pressure packages to force throws where we want them to go.  Our D baits QBs to throw into certain spots through manipulation of coverage and rush.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

And whatever the Ravens did for 3 quarters.

Exactly. The Ravens lost the game more so than the Dolphins won it. I give credit to the Fins for making the plays they had to make but it doesn't change the fact that the Ravens lost it. You are up by 21 at any point in the game especially the 2nd half you should win 100% of the time. I get comebacks happen but teams shouldn't come back from that big of a deficit. That includes the Bills epic comeback vs the Oilers. 

11 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Exactly. The Ravens lost the game more so than the Dolphins won it. I give credit to the Fins for making the plays they had to make but it doesn't change the fact that the Ravens lost it. You are up by 21 at any point in the game especially the 2nd half you should win 100% of the time. I get comebacks happen but teams shouldn't come back from that big of a deficit. That includes the Bills epic comeback vs the Oilers. 

Condense that 2nd half, it was just the 4th quarter.  They gave up 28 points just in one quarter.  That’s disgustingly bad.

• Like (+1) 1

Don't know where this goes....but has anybody tried to watch/listen to Kyle Brandt's basement? I find it literally unwatchable and a total cringe-fest. 

A year or two ago I wanted KB injected right into my veins. Loved it. Loved the Bills hype. But that podcast/show is a total abomination. Woof. Do the right thing and take Old Yeller out behind the barn.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Well, that’s 20 minutes I’ll never get back.  Good god.  I thought PhinsFan1968 might actually be a Bills plant — he was coherent and reasonable — but it appears he’s been there for a long time.  The rest of that board is a mess.  Makes me appreciate this one even more.

I only wasted 10 minutes.  Boy that made me hate the fish even more.  They accused Bills Mafia of being bandwagon fans now that Bills are good. For Many years I’ve attended Miami games where both teams were bad and there were just about as many Bills fans as fish in their stadium.

ticket prices have gone insane for the game.  I am going to wait til last 24 hours and try to gel 4 in the lower bowl. It could get ugly.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Reks Ryan said:

They accused Bills Mafia of being bandwagon fans now that Bills are good

Yes.  That alone makes one realize they have no clue.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.  I bet we'll still have 10-15K fans in that stadium Sunday.  I'll be there.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

It really is like watching a hot Ryan Fitzpatrick, minus 20-30 lbs, 2-3 inches, and one pair of meaty clackers. 

I was just thinking about the Tua/Fitz comp and it’s a good one. Tua is Fitz but not as cool, tough or smart.

6 minutes ago, Reks Ryan said:

I only wasted 10 minutes.  Boy that made me hate the fish even more.  They accused Bills Mafia of being bandwagon fans now that Bills are good. For Many years I’ve attended Miami games where both teams were bad and there were just about as many Bills fans as fish in their stadium.

ticket prices have gone insane for the game.  I am going to wait til last 24 hours and try to gel 4 in the lower bowl. It could get ugly.

Miami has fans? Fans of Florida sports teams are some of the worst. Maybe the Lightning and Bucs have fans but that's it. The Panthers play to an empty arena most nights. The Dolphins don't draw well either. Don't get me started on the Marlins. The state is mostly people from the northeast who move down there. Lots of NY fans living in the state. Watch a Rangers game against the Panthers and its a mostly NY crowd. Don't know about the Heat as I don't follow basketball.

3 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

I would say opposite.

Rush 4 and flood the passing lanes. Not because of Tua, but because of the injuries at CB and the speed of Miami's WRs.

The last thing I think the bills want to do is blitz and leave their young corners 1 on 1 vs Hill and Waddle.

The Miami offense is built on quick passing and run after the catch. Coach McDaniel is a disciple of Shanahan. The Miami offense does present some concerns for the Bills defense. At some point, you know Tua will take his shots down field with Hill and Waddle. At any point, they can score quickly. Scary! Poyer and Hyde need to play big. QB pressure is always a recipe for turnovers. Get Tua off his comfort zone. Edmunds and Milano are also important pieces to clog the short passing zones. I think the dolphins will try to run the ball more effectively. They haven't been all that successful in their first 2 games. I suspect they will not be all that successful against the Bills. The Bills rush D is vastly improved from last year. I do believe the Dolphins offense will have some success vs the Bills. Waddle and Hill are just too good. I think one or both will have good games. However, the Bills team is hungry, experienced, and has the best QB on the planet. A focused Bills team, a good game plan, and players executing should lead to a Bills win. It almost seems like a David vs Goliath compassion is applicable. This game won't be easy.

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Miami has fans? Fans of Florida sports teams are some of the worst. Maybe the Lightning and Bucs have fans but that's it. The Panthers play to an empty arena most nights. The Dolphins don't draw well either. Don't get me started on the Marlins. The state is mostly people from the northeast who move down there. Lots of NY fans living in the state. Watch a Rangers game against the Panthers and its a mostly NY crowd. Don't know about the Heat as I don't follow basketball.

The Lightning had almost no fans until they started winning cups. 

54 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The Miami offense is built on quick passing and run after the catch. Coach McDaniel is a disciple of Shanahan. The Miami offense does present some concerns for the Bills defense. At some point, you know Tua will take his shots down field with Hill and Waddle. At any point, they can score quickly. Scary! Poyer and Hyde need to play big. QB pressure is always a recipe for turnovers. Get Tua off his comfort zone. Edmunds and Milano are also important pieces to clog the short passing zones. I think the dolphins will try to run the ball more effectively. They haven't been all that successful in their first 2 games. I suspect they will not be all that successful against the Bills. The Bills rush D is vastly improved from last year. I do believe the Dolphins offense will have some success vs the Bills. Waddle and Hill are just too good. I think one or both will have good games. However, the Bills team is hungry, experienced, and has the best QB on the planet. A focused Bills team, a good game plan, and players executing should lead to a Bills win. It almost seems like a David vs Goliath compassion is applicable. This game won't be easy.

I would welcome Tua throwing the ball downfield...it will look like a punt.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Yea I agree with this.

I think the pressure from the front 4 needs to come from the middle, a lot like it did for Stafford. I actually think they could run a similar gameplan to what they did against the Rams. Sean McVay wanted to stretch the defense. Stafford was getting frustrated not being able to go deep. The Bills do need to get pressure with 4 and move Tua off his spot and make him come off his first read.

There are two problems with this strategy.  One is named Jordan Phillips.  The other is named Ed Oliver.  They're both likely to show up on injury report this week.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.