Edmunds…back to back good games. Facts. (Update: Another good game)

Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I’m not  saying Edmunds is or will be better than Milano…. But, after watching 2 games this season, he looks improved.  If he continues to improve, there’s a chance he becomes a better player than Milano.  

I have been maintaining all along in podcasts and on these forums that when your line can't maintain positions for your LB's to hit gaps, it makes LB's look really bad... like they hit the wrong gap... like they making bad reads. Now that we have a complete Defensive line, Edmunds looks 1000% better. imagine that.

My area I have been a critic of him is in pass defense situations and Edmunds is doing better in that area as well. 

ALL of this is the Von Miller effect.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m not  saying Edmunds is or will be better than Milano…. But, after watching 2 games this season, he looks improved.  If he continues to improve, there’s a chance he becomes a better player than Milano.  

Oh he's definitely stepping up his game so far this season.  No doubt, but you tend to see that alot during contract years. I'm going to root for him this season and hopefully he's wearing some "bling" with 52 other guys.  But I think there's little or no chance he's here next year.  Von is basically making everyone look better.

8 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Could it be that better D line play is improving Edmonds game? 

I think it's improving everyone's game.  But Edmunds does stuff a lot of guys just can't do.  He was just flying around all night.

I'll get ridiculed a bit for this - but the way he played tonight reminded me of Polamalu in his prime.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, balln said:

he broke his team mates neck in half bc hes slow and lacks instincts

ALSO , go watch his stellar play on henry TD on goal line. pathetic 

I am sure this statement is going to take over the thread which it should because it is a "pathetic" low blow. He had no intentions in hurting D Jack and the guy was everywhere this game. They scored that TD because they called the right play, doubled our weak DT(likely a bad Defensive play call), which was thrown back into the endzone, and no one would have been able to stop that play from the LB position. Edmunds has not been behind a dominant front 4 to allow him to make plays, and now that he does, he has no excuse, and he is making plays! He is a very good LB and we need to keep him. End of story.

35 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

There is no way on God's green earth that the Bills will re-up Tremaine. Especially at 13-14/yr. Yes he probably had his best game tonight as a Bill. A nice TFL, tipped ball for INT and an uncontested sack. His hit on Dane was unfortunate but we've seen him do that 100x. Kinda late getting to  a tackle that had already been made.  No one will ever be able to convince me that Edmunds is better than Milano. But I will tip my hat to 49 and hope he continues to ball out, get himself a ring and the bag.

There are only a couple LBs in the NFL anyone could say is better than Milano. He doesn't have to be better than him to re-up, but he is going to flash a ton this year behind this front 4. This will be a big year for him.

The way the pieces fit together in this defense are absolutely scary. This could be one of the great defenses in NFL history.

Bills allowing 215 yards a game, which is surprisingly 2nd to the 49ers who are allowing 210 yards a game...I think our competition has been a little tougher tho...

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

You should be out. Your initial post was embarrassing and whatever your personal opinions are about Edmunds are uncalled for IMO.

Why should he “:be out” and what does that mean?  Isn’t this an opinion board or are only the things you say or deem to be facts?  Let’s just silence everyone with a diff opinion , why ever listen or try to learn or see a diff point of view, you are too smart for that right!?  😀. I love people who can say whatever they want but another’s opinion was “ embarrassing “.   Closed mindedness is embarrassing and education usually can help.  
The only real judgement comes when edmunds is resigned or not; so far they have found new contracts for  true stars like Josh and Milano and Von.  Edmunds got the 5 th year offer so that tells me the real decision makers , Beane and Mcd , needed to see more.  Pretty amazing for the big star LB you must think he is.  It’s his 5 th year , about time he shows something.  Give me the LB of the Cowboys from penn state as an example of a true impact LB , or look no further than Milano. Still , this is a message , opinion based forum , open up your mind a little as words on a screen can’t hurt you.  Lol. 🍸

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Yes he has had a good two weeks.  He had a really good game today.  A lot of people are going to blame him for the Dane injury.  I did at first too.  The truth is though... its because he was playing hard like he should be. The game is faster on the field than we see it on TV or even live.  He commited that hit before the player was down.  Just an unlucky situation.

Anybody that blames Edmunds for that injury is moronic. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Anybody that blames Edmunds for that injury is moronic. 

So what caused the injury then, was it non contact? I'm not saying it happened on purpose but one dudes head spearing into another dudes head 100% made some kind of injury happen. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This right here is the nonsense I get annoyed with.  Go watch Aaron Donald, he didn’t win every down against the Bills and he is the best of a generation.  This obsession people have to try and find one play to fill their confirmation bias of dislike every game is over the top with Edmunds.  

No player in the NFL gets the job done on 100% of their snaps.  It’s never happened and never will.  He played a great overall game last week and this week, the refusal to acknowledge that tells me you’re not interested in fairly analyzing his overall game and just would rather find ways to be right about your negative opinion.  

No fan of Edmunds here. However, he has played well the first 2 games of this season. Not sure why people here can't admit that, see it, or acknowledge it. Hope he continues to play well and I will gladly become a fan of his. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.