Edmunds…back to back good games. Facts. (Update: Another good game)

Alphadawg7

5 minutes ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

Interesting stats:

NE All-World Judon -- 3 Tackles 2 Solo 0 Sacks

BUF Edmunds -- 6 Tackles 5 Solo 0 Sacks

Judon is an EDGE, not a middle linebacker.

11 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Wow look we get Edmunds back and the defense is suddenly significantly better and the passing windows much tighter and harder to hit.

Almost like Edmunds is a huge and vital piece to the defense as both a player and a leader to get the team ready.

🤦‍♂️

Almost like we played one of the worst QBs in the league last night 🤷‍♂️. Why do you think he's a "leader"?

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Judon is an EDGE, not a middle linebacker.

Almost like we played one of the worst QBs in the league last night 🤷‍♂️. Why do you think he's a "leader"?

Yeah I mean it is not like he just threw for over 620 yards at a 77% completion rate with 2 TDS and no Ints in his last 2 games or anything.

I think he is a leader because every player on both offense and especially defense talk about him as a leader.

I think he is a leader because I watch him communicate and adjust the Dline and Milano and switch up the defense and communicate with the safeties to coordinate the 3 levels to get everyone in the best position.  The very thing we have been lacking the past 2 1/2 games when we had to go very basic shell coverages.

Mostly I think he is a leader because of how his teammates rally around him and speak of him and how that was missing with him out.

• Like (+1) 1

Give him the same contract as Milano with a slight boost. Should be a quick contact to negotiate. Edmunds is great in coverage and is just solid at stopping the run. If he had pass rush moves like Von Miller I would pay him ridiculously 

Give him the same contract as Milano with a slight boost. Should be a quick contact to negotiate. Edmunds is great in coverage and is just solid at stopping the run. If he had pass rush moves like Von Miller I would pay him ridiculously 

9 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

11m a year with a slight boost?  LOL.  

We had our chance to offer that up.  Too late now.  He’ll get 17M+

Edited by NewEra

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

So that’s like, what…3 back to back hood games?? 

pay the man his money!!

Dude. No. I get that he was injured and out a few weeks ago but hes healthy now and guess what? Another Sunday, the second in a row where he doesn't record a single tackle. Not one stat for him today. Was he even on the field?  Bum. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

We can’t trade him in the off-season?

He won’t be under contract in the offseason.  

we can franchise him and hope to trade him I suppose,  but what are we going to get for a MLB about to get an 18M aav contract?  Maybe a 4th?  I doubt we replace him with a 4th rd pick.  

it’s tough decision.  I think Beane will pay him

• Like (+1) 1

At the end of the day how do you replace him? He’s the premier free agent at the position. Anthony Walker? Lavonte David? Alex Anzalone? Within with guys like Klein or Dodson? 

There are a few interesting guys coming out, but then you are drafting for need. I think at the very least you franchise him. I think he stays for at least one more year. 

At the start of this season the Bills clearly needed to see more to make their decision. But they have always loved Tremaine and I think if he gave them any reason to lean towards paying him then that was always their preference. He has done that. I expect him to be paid so long as he isn't looking to re-set the market or anything. 

They had a big 4 pending FAs coming off rookie deals in the next two years as I saw it:  Edmunds and Knox (2023); Oliver and Davis (2024). If you'd asked me to pick an odd man out before the season I might just have leant towards Edmunds. They have obviously paid Knox since that point, so the question is now about the priority order of the three guys left. I lean pretty firmly now towards Davis being the odd man out if anyone. And if that is the case they MUST draft an outside receiver early (ideally day 1) in this draft so that by the time Davis could walk (after 2023) they have a new guy up to speed and in the system. I think they can fit Ed and Tremaine both in=, but it has to come at the expense of some of the other defensive contracts coming off the books in the later years of the deal - the safeties, Taron, maybe Milano even.... 

EDIT: the more positive news is the relative weakness of the 2020 draft and the non-1st rounders from 2021 (i.e. excluding Groot) means that the Bills will then have a couple of years without big ticket rookie deals coming up. Tyler Bass will need to be paid but paying kickers doesn't blow the budget. The only other guys from those classes that you might look at and say "they are payable are Jackson and Hamlin" but neither of those are "must sign" guys at this stage. The only other guy from 2019 that might need paying is Motor. I am open to that so long as it is a cheap deal and it might well be a cheap deal because at the moment this looks like it a could be a bumper FA RB crop and that might drive Singletary's market down. Josh Jacobs, Saquon Barkley, Tony Pollard etc... if they end up signing back where they are then I think Singletary's market is bigger and his price probably goes beyond our means. 

Edited by GunnerBill

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.