Edmunds…back to back good games. Facts. (Update: Another good game)

Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

I know you’re joking and your point about Edmunds in run D is more than fair, but he is greatly missed in pass defense. As I said in another thread, since he left the Vikings game, the middle of the field has been open a ton. He influences passes to that area of the field, period. 

Fair point. Thx

What is all this foolishnes?  Our D has been substantially worse the last 6 quarters with Edmunds out.  In fact I said multiple times today that I don’t want to hear how our defense is better without him.  It’s been categorically proven it’s worse when he has been out. 

The posts in this thread tonight mocking Edmunds is literally the stupidest narrative I’ve seen on this board all year.  

Congrats on achieving an all time worse analysis.  

4 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

This was easily Edmunds’ best game of the year. Run defense - stout. Some long passes - sure. We had a strong game. Well done, Truman. 

You either don’t understand football, didn’t watch the last 6 quarters of play, or he slept with your wife.  That’s the only three options possible for such a completely ridiculous narrative you’ve tried to take here.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What is all this foolishnes?  Our D has been substantially worse the last 6 quarters with Edmunds out.  In fact I said multiple times today that I don’t want to hear how our defense is better without him.  It’s been categorically proven it’s worse when he has been out. 

The posts in this thread tonight mocking Edmunds is literally the stupidest narrative I’ve seen on this board all year.  

Congrats on achieving an all time worse analysis.  

You either don’t understand football, didn’t watch the last 6 quarters of play, or he slept with your wife.  That’s the only three options possible for such a completely ridiculous narrative you’ve tried to take here.  

Have another scotch (or whatever you’re drinking). You should change your name to “Keyboard Coach”. Maybe PFF can support your argument. 

41 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think we’re finding out that our backups look good when playing a game here and there with most of the other starters out there.  

Not so much when we have to rely on a handful of them for extended periods of time. 

And that’s ok .. a testament to the staff in having depth, but we’re at a point where cracks will show.   Gotta get some guys back and/or have the offense get their act together to buy the defense some time. 

I mean these guys are backups for a reason. They can be OK in spot duty but need to get healthy down the stretch. 

49 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Dodson looked like Jaquan Johnson out there today. A noticeable downgrade from the starter.

Led the team in tackles and not a single running play where he was pushed 10 yards off the line of scrimmage and backpedaling when the ball carrier was tackled by the safety 

• Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

The fact that Edmunds being a good player or not is still a debate really just shows how so many people refuse to change their mind or admit they were wrong 

6 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

Led the team in tackles and not a single running play where he was pushed 10 yards off the line of scrimmage and backpedaling when the ball carrier was tackled by the safety 

I’m sure you had that same energy when All-Pro MLB Eric Kendricks got destroyed by a below average LG last week.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

The fact that Edmunds being a good player or not is still a debate really just shows how so many people refuse to change their mind or admit they were wrong 

I’m sure you had that same energy when All-Pro MLB Eric Kendricks got destroyed by a below average LG last week.

https://www.nfl.com/players/nick-chubb/stats/

12 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Dodson looked like Jaquan Johnson out there today. A noticeable downgrade from the starter.

He was in the first half.  His play was better in the 2nd half.  Not starter material by any stretch, but he wasn’t Johnson/Lewis bad.  

14 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Because Edmunds would've held in check all those big plays the DBs gave up in the second half? Like I said, I don’t want to see the likes of you criticizing Edmunds when he gives up plays. No wishy washiness allowed.

I think what I’m learning is that having him in the middle allows our average/backup secondary cheat a bit on the edges, making them more effective overall as a unit. 

It’s taken me a bit to get here as I’ve been pretty hard on TE during his time in BUF but I can see a marked difference when he’s not on the field. 

Edited by DaggersEOD
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Can we talk about how horseshit this defense is against pass when Edmunds is out.   All of a sudden the middle of the field is wide open.  He does so much we don't see because the QB doesn't throw where he is. 

You can definitely argue this.

At the same time…shout out to AJ Klien who stepped in off the street to make a handful of really nice stops today. Dodson looking again like JAG and Edmunds importance to this defense continues to become more apparent as these Lions WRs appeared to be running unchecked throughout the middle of the defense all day 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

You can definitely argue this.

At the same time…shout out to AJ Klien who stepped in off the street to make a handful of really nice stops today. Dodson looking again like JAG and Edmunds importance to this defense continues to become more apparent as these Lions WRs appeared to be running unchecked throughout the middle of the defense all day 

You don't throw 15 yard passes over middle if he's on the field.  We just don't notice it until the 15 yard pass over the middle is open every play. Ha

• Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

Loving this run defense. Big huge difference lately

Too bad we're getting absolutely gashed on pass plays now. But apparently being good at the 2nd most important play on offense in today's NFL is more important than being good against the most important offensive play. Great logic you have there.:thumbsup:

On 11/26/2022 at 8:58 PM, Trock said:

Klein played really well last game. Let’s continue him starting. Edmunds can backup for rest of season. 

Wow look we get Edmunds back and the defense is suddenly significantly better and the passing windows much tighter and harder to hit.

Almost like Edmunds is a huge and vital piece to the defense as both a player and a leader to get the team ready.

🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.