Edmunds…back to back good games. Facts. (Update: Another good game)

Alphadawg7

• 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I guess the Edmunds apologists are silent? Ok. We have a consensus. 

As we saw last year, plugging in Klein will be an upgrade from Edmunds. Edmunds flashes, but is not consistent enough to warrant attention. 

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 3

17 minutes ago, Trock said:

As we saw last year, plugging in Klein will be an upgrade from Edmunds. Edmunds flashes, but is not consistent enough to warrant attention. 

Pretty sure Milano had a sack, two tackles for loss and countless other big plays. Ohhhh, wait. I always forget. That’s what Milano is supposed to do. I just forget what Truman is supposed to do. 

Edmunds just doesn’t move the needle enough for me on most game days. Milano is the heartbeat of the defense. To all those whining about how much Edmunds is missed, I don’t want to hear any criticisms about him when the defense gives up plays with him on the field. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Edmunds just doesn’t move the needle enough for me on most game days. Milano is the heartbeat of the defense. To all those whining about how much Edmunds is missed, I don’t want to hear any criticisms about him when the defense gives up plays with him on the field. 

Funny. How did the defense look the minute Edmunds left last weeks game?

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

Funny. How did the defense look the minute Edmunds left last weeks game?

Because Edmunds would've held in check all those big plays the DBs gave up in the second half? Like I said, I don’t want to see the likes of you criticizing Edmunds when he gives up plays. No wishy washiness allowed.

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

This was easily Edmunds’ best game of the year. Run defense - stout. Some long passes - sure. We had a strong game. Well done, Truman. 

you must be right. But my tv only captured the back of Dodsons jersey more than any other player today on every long play given up in the middle, against a terrible offense. 

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

you must be right. But my tv only captured the back of Dodsons jersey more than any other player today on every long play given up in the middle, against a terrible offense. 

Yeah. You’re right. The Jets offense is a juggernaut compared to Browns. They scored 3 pts today. Ohhh, you know who was out for the Jets loss? Milano

4 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

This was easily Edmunds’ best game of the year. Run defense - stout. Some long passes - sure. We had a strong game. Well done, Truman. 

I know you’re joking and your point about Edmunds in run D is more than fair, but he is greatly missed in pass defense. As I said in another thread, since he left the Vikings game, the middle of the field has been open a ton. He influences passes to that area of the field, period. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think we’re finding out that our backups look good when playing a game here and there with most of the other starters out there.  

Not so much when we have to rely on a handful of them for extended periods of time. 

And that’s ok .. a testament to the staff in having depth, but we’re at a point where cracks will show.   Gotta get some guys back and/or have the offense get their act together to buy the defense some time. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.