Edmunds…back to back good games. Facts. (Update: Another good game)

Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, billrooter said:

Hopefully Bernard steps in and they don't miss a beat. I think he was vastly operated in the past but he's playing very well this year!  Strength and conditioning coaches get er done!!

I won't rag on 49 for today. Although if I were him getting bulldogged or thrown out of plays would make me ....humble.?

I also would like to ponder that wasn't he an OLB/DE in college?.....and then they sent him from the edge today and he killed it.

I have never understood the reasoning behind forcing him to MLB. Put Bernard in the middle....send 49 from the outside like Reddick. Ya'll heard it here first.

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 2

34 minutes ago, nosejob said:

I won't rag on 49 for today. Although if I were him getting bulldogged or thrown out oplays would make me ....humble.?

I also would like to ponder that wasn't he an OLB/DE in college?.....and then they sent him from the edge today and he killed it.

I have never understood the reasoning behind forcing him to MLB. Put Bernard in the middle....send 49 from the outside like Reddick. Ya'll heard it here first.

Only problem Bob you weren't the first to say it on this board, he has prototypical size and speed for it. He does look a lot better this season and I think thats great, he's not moving outside obviously not on this team at this point anyway.

12 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

LBs are picking up the injury slack

They are balling Milano and Edmunds. Absolutely balling. A combined 22 tackles yesterday, including two TFL each - Milano having the critical one near the goalline on that final drive that led a play or two later to the Po Pick.

For Edmunds the request was more splash plays. He had 7 TFLs the whole of last year. He has 4 through 4 weeks. He also (through three weeks, number still to be updated for last night) has the lowest completion % allowed and the lowest yards per completion allowed in pass coverage of his career so far. If the Bills not extending him before this season was intended to light a fire then consider the fire lit. Eyeball test, numbers, splash plays.... it is all there. 

I do think Jones in particular is helping up front. He is keeping the linebackers cleaner, although last night I actually thought the Ravens did a good job on him and yet still Edmunds and Milano made plays. They are confident, they are decisive and they are the heartbeat of this Bills defense right now (though Greg Rousseau matching his rookie sack production through four games and Von Miller pitching in with 3 isn't hurting either). And this is probably the tougher stretch of the schedule in terms of offenses they are playing. Patriots x2, Jets x2, Browns and Bears still to come (as well as the Steelers this week obviously). 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Edmunds could be 1st team All Pro the next 10 years, and people here will still hate him.

When he looked sub-par and it was clear he wasn't being aggressive enough, a lot us criticized his play, rightfully so.  It wasn't a personal attack!  He's playing much better this year. I suspect he realized there was room for improvement.

I'm sure McD and his position coaches have been pointing out ways he can improve, and he's apparently been receptive to their advise.

I don't believe the criticisms from the past were unfair, and I don't think anyone here has an axe to grind with him. We're thrilled that he's playing the way we hoped he would. Why would we continue to criticize if he's playing well?

Edited by SoMAn
  • Disagree 1

Just now, Dopey said:

He’s way more important than Knox, IMO. 

I was in favour of the Knox extension I actually think he is super talented. Other than Kyle Pitts there isn't a tight end in football (aged 25 or under) that I'd take over him. He is playing hobbled at the moment which is hurting him a bit but I have been worried by his use in the Ken Dorsey offense. Maybe because of the injury they are not asking to him to do as much as they would otherwise but it started in LA before he got hurt against TEN. They are using him as a blocker. He should be a passing game mismatch as he was a lot last year, especially in the redzone and the fringe redzone area. It is concerning having signed him to that deal. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I was in favour of the Knox extension I actually think he is super talented. Other than Kyle Pitts there isn't a tight end in football (aged 25 or under) that I'd take over him. He is playing hobbled at the moment which is hurting him a bit but I have been worried by his use in the Ken Dorsey offense. Maybe because of the injury they are not asking to him to do as much as they would otherwise but it started in LA before he got hurt against TEN. They are using him as a blocker. He should be a passing game mismatch as he was a lot last year, especially in the redzone and the fringe redzone area. It is concerning having signed him to that deal. 

you're not wrong, but the best ability is availability.  knox has been banged up and is only on the field so much (reasonable, but we have a lot of different looks on O, or at least did last seasons).

edmunds is always on D, and is so rarely hurt.  from that POV, he has insane value.

i've been down on him, and thought he'd come through last season and frankly didnt, but when asked about himself he said about as much, which is a big risk/character move for an nfl player.  

i'd rate edmunds over knox, and this is coming from a (former?) edumunds hater and knox fan, if for nothing else based on volume of work.  they are both rawer young pure athlete types, frankly they could both become long term pillars for a championship team

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, colin said:

you're not wrong, but the best ability is availability.  knox has been banged up and is only on the field so much (reasonable, but we have a lot of different looks on O, or at least did last seasons).

edmunds is always on D, and is so rarely hurt.  from that POV, he has insane value.

i've been down on him, and thought he'd come through last season and frankly didnt, but when asked about himself he said about as much, which is a big risk/character move for an nfl player.  

i'd rate edmunds over knox, and this is coming from a (former?) edumunds hater and knox fan, if for nothing else based on volume of work.  they are both rawer young pure athlete types, frankly they could both become long term pillars for a championship team

Far and away, the best I've seen him play. This is what we were waiting for, consistent play. 4 good games in a row. Before it was a lot more of good game, bad game.

Edited by Allen2Moulds
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Allen2Moulds said:

Far away, the best I've seen him play. This is what we were waiting for, consistent play.

He was pretty consistent his 2nd year. He took a big step forward from his rookie year and while his lane discipline in the run game was still occasionally an issue he had 1.5 sacks, 9 passes defended and 10 tackles for loss and put up his best full season in terms of completion % and yards per completion given up in coverage. At the end of his second year I was very much in the "Tremaine is trending towards elite" club. 

He got hurt at the start of year 3 and I don't know if it knocked his confidence or what but he just never played with that same consistency again through 2020 or 2021 and I was starting to think maybe it never happens. But he has been brilliant so far. Easily the best 4 game stretch of his NFL career. 

• Like (+1) 1

Tremaine has stepped his game up.  His price tag is up too. That 10-13M we were hoping to get lucky and snag him for is up to 16-18M+ now.

but make no mistake about it.  Milano is the best LB on this team.  Once again, playing at an all -Pro level imo. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

To be honest this is the best stretch of 4 games I have seen Edmunds play. 

it is almost like the game has slowed down enough for him and he is playing without thinking

both LBers has a hell of a game 

This and it’s almost like he also has a real D Line in front of him now too.  How much was he compensating for an average at best D Line in past seasons?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.