Edmunds…back to back good games. Facts. (Update: Another good game)

Alphadawg7

He had a good game. The play where Dane got hurt was unfortunate, but we were watching it in slow motion. It happened full speed in a millisecond. It's easy to criticize players when we are watching and processing things in HD, close-up, slow motion from multiple angles.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

As someone who routinely trashes Edmunds, I have to say.

Edmunds had one of his best games as a pro tonight.

Obviously will require a rewatch and a deep dive, but he made more impact plays today than he made in 6-7 games straight last year.

We will need it to win a Super Bowl.  Good to see.

• Like (+1) 5

Edmunds sack came unopposed with an open lane. I've never seen him do that fighting off a committed blocker. He's not a pass rusher. Lacks necessary hand fighting skills for one.  Suppose it was a clever call to send him because it worked.

As to his hit I'm not impressed or apologetic. Seems the better players impact the play early on rather than finish it late in that manner.  Just my take.

2 minutes ago, In Summary said:

Edmunds sack came unopposed with an open lane. I've never seen him do that fighting off a committed blocker. He's not a pass rusher. Lacks necessary hand fighting skills for one.  Suppose it was a clever call to send him because it worked.

As to his hit I'm not impressed or apologetic. Seems the better players impact the play early on rather than finish it late in that manner.  Just my take.

He made at least 7-8 other impact plays, including TFL and a tip for an INT....

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, balln said:

he broke his team mates neck in half bc hes slow and lacks instincts

ALSO , go watch his stellar play on henry TD on goal line. pathetic 

I actually thought the first part of this even though it may not be fair. Didn’t see his play on the TD

he has been good so far this year, hope he keeps it up and earns an extension. 

6 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I would not be surprised to see Poyer walk, but would be to see Edmunds.

There is no way on God's green earth that the Bills will re-up Tremaine. Especially at 13-14/yr. Yes he probably had his best game tonight as a Bill. A nice TFL, tipped ball for INT and an uncontested sack. His hit on Dane was unfortunate but we've seen him do that 100x. Kinda late getting to  a tackle that had already been made.  No one will ever be able to convince me that Edmunds is better than Milano. But I will tip my hat to 49 and hope he continues to ball out, get himself a ring and the bag.

I 100% think that Von Miller has elevated this entire defense but wont take away from Edmunds personal growth either.

I have hated edmunds these past 5 seasons but the proof is in the pudding he is balling right now you got to give credit when its due.

Also Milano was flying all over tonight too he gave that tennessee back up a what for had a great pick 6 almost 2 lol ya love to see it.

Lets gooooooo!!!!

Edited by BillsFan692
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, balln said:

looks like we have a lot of edmunds apologists here

imout

I think fans on these boards have been calling it straight. they critisize when he has horrible games and show love for him in games he does well.

In my opinion, his last two games were his most complete games in the NFL. Just cause fans call it as it is does not mean we have to apologize or eat crow.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

There is no way on God's green earth that the Bills will re-up Tremaine. Especially at 13-14/yr. Yes he probably had his best game tonight as a Bill. A nice TFL, tipped ball for INT and an uncontested sack. His hit on Dane was unfortunate but we've seen him do that 100x. Kinda late getting to  a tackle that had already been made.  No one will ever be able to convince me that Edmunds is better than Milano. But I will tip my hat to 49 and hope he continues to ball out, get himself a ring and the bag.

I’m not  saying Edmunds is or will be better than Milano…. But, after watching 2 games this season, he looks improved.  If he continues to improve, there’s a chance he becomes a better player than Milano.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I think fans on these boards have been calling it straight. they critisize when he has horrible games and show love for him in games he does well.

In my opinion, his last two games were his most complete games in the NFL. Just cause fans call it as it is does not mean we have to apologize or eat crow.

Exactly right. It is possible that he lacked luster before and he has improved a lot as a player. Both things can be true especially when you consider how young he entered the league.

I dont think anyone had "edmunds on fire to start season" on their bingo card but here we are!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.